Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Confession: My FWB wants a more serious commitment, and wants us to move in together. I'm seriously considering it, even though I know it would be a terrible idea and that we have no future; I am only here long enough to get some actual experience in before going back to grad school in some other state, and we don't want the same things. I haven't lied to him, and have told him as much, but I'm afraid I'm going to cave anyway, just because it would make money so much easier, and I'm very sick of being broke, and it's easier than finding a roommate, which is another alternative. I'm very good at adapting and accept mediocre relationships, and I don't want to do it again.
  • grimcosgirl
    Options
    I am really bad at calorie restriction if it's not extreme. Any time I cut calories I end up below 800 for the day. I know it's bad, but I can't help it. So at night I stare at the number wondering what to eat to get it above 1000 at least.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Truth, sometimes I just go by my weeks caloric intake, meaning I have some epically over days, and A bunch of sad food days afterwards. I can't eat my maintaining calories perfectly each day it seems.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I am really bad at calorie restriction if it's not extreme. Any time I cut calories I end up below 800 for the day. I know it's bad, but I can't help it. So at night I stare at the number wondering what to eat to get it above 1000 at least.

No judgement, but when in doubt, more peanut butter.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Confession: My FWB wants a more serious commitment, and wants us to move in together. I'm seriously considering it, even though I know it would be a terrible idea and that we have no future; I am only here long enough to get some actual experience in before going back to grad school in some other state, and we don't want the same things. I haven't lied to him, and have told him as much, but I'm afraid I'm going to cave anyway, just because it would make money so much easier, and I'm very sick of being broke, and it's easier than finding a roommate, which is another alternative. I'm very good at adapting and accept mediocre relationships, and I don't want to do it again.

If you've been open with him about your future plans, and both of you are still okay with it for your own personal reasons, why not?
  • robinsvitakjones
    robinsvitakjones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    32daisies wrote: »
    Another: if I I see someone consistently logging "1 serving of chicken (3 oz)", I give it the side-eye. Did you *really* only eat 3 ounces of chicken, or did you just eat a chicken breast (which can be anywhere from 9 to 12 ounces) and call it one serving?

(of course, if you're doing that and losing anyhow, eh, have at it, I guess.)

I've literally logged my 3 or 4 oz of chicken exactly like that after weighing it. I don't see anything wrong or weird there.

I've gotten so good at logging my food that just last week I cracked up when I drank alcohol one night and woke up the next day after looking at the day before's food log and thought, "I ate Cheetos last night?!" Lol
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I have enough socks to clothe a small nation. I categorize them:
    Trouser socks
    Casual socks
    Exercise socks
    Riding socks (horses)
    Working at the barn socks
    Wearing at home in winter socks
    Mismatched socks in the closet awaiting the rediscovery of their mate stuck to some other random fabric or piece of clothing

I have to have several hundred pair and 100 singles awaiting their reunion.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Trouser socks
    Casual socks
    Exercise socks
    Riding socks (horses)
    Mismatched socks in the closet awaiting the rediscovery of their mate stuck to some other random fabric or piece of clothing

Ditto! Although mine are not categorized - just a huge drawer filled to the max where I can never find the exact pair I want. My daughter works for a sock company so I get socks, socks, socks for every occasion and also no occasion at all (sock samples, overstock). On my "to-do" list is to sort all those socks and give some to charity but somehow I never get around to that particular chore.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Truth, sometimes I just go by my weeks caloric intake, meaning I have some epically over days, and A bunch of sad food days afterwards. I can't eat my maintaining calories perfectly each day it seems.

Same, it is one of the reasons my diary is set to private.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I have judged this thread….
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Trouser socks
    Casual socks
    Exercise socks
    Riding socks (horses)

No judgement from me! I don't ride, but I do have:

Boot socks with cute tops
    Plain boot socks
    Stretchy socks to go under capris when I wear my boots
    Black and white stripey socks to wear with black Toms because it's cute!
    Socks to wear to bed
    Good running socks
    Old running socks
    Woolen socks
    Trouser socks
    All the mismatched socks, put together in the very back of the bottom drawer of my chest of drawers. (Once a month I pull them all out and see if any of them have mated.)

It's not that I love socks, it's just that the Academy close to my work puts socks that aren't in packages in a big bin in their shoe department, and I like to root through it to see what I'll find for cheap. . .

It's not a problem until I run out of room!

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    When I weigh publicly, say at WW or a fitness group (we have one at work) I weigh possible outfits by holding them up one by one whole standing naked on the scale.

Of course!

I don't weigh outfits but I do hold up a pair of jeans in each hand trying to decide which is lighter.

Evening weigh-ins are not very reliable, IMO but the local group of ladies that decided to get together to lose weight has no other time that will work. We just started meeting last week and I think many of them won't eat much on Wednesdays for a while! ...at least not until the meeting is over. LOL

• snarlingcoyote
    Options
    Confession - I liked this thread better when it was a confession thread, and not an "I can eyeball food" thread.

Quick, quiksylver296 needs measuring spoons! :D;)
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options

I have the same problem some days!
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had a ton of calories left still at dinner time and wasn't very hungry. I'm so used to picking out low calorie items that I was having a hard time choosing what to eat to get in more calories. I ended up getting a pint of ice cream. I ate the whole thing, and now I'm super full and my stomach hurts, but I'm still 200 calories under and that's not including what I burned exercising. Total fail.
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options
    KrisAZ000 wrote: »
    I had a ton of calories left still at dinner time and wasn't very hungry. I'm so used to picking out low calorie items that I was having a hard time choosing what to eat to get in more calories. I ended up getting a pint of ice cream. I ate the whole thing, and now I'm super full and my stomach hurts, but I'm still 200 calories under and that's not including what I burned exercising. Total fail.

That's not a fail in my book if you enjoyed the ice cream!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Totally understand. PB is one of my go to foods when I binge.

Same here. Love love love PB.

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I've been following this thread because it is mostly hilarious, but I've also seen a lot of self hate here. I wanted to post a quote from Steve Troutman about some of his rules/philosophies he has for weight loss. Steve's a legit, smart trainer who's been doing a live Q&A in another thread I'm following. The rule that stood out to me is this:
    5. Self-compassion is immensely important. I find the way people talk to themselves breeds an abuse relationship with their bodies. The things they say to themselves and the demands they place on themselves aren't anything like they'd do to someone else. Be easy. When you get too serious, take a step back and reassess. Learn about mindfulness/meditation. And just be kind to yourself.

So be nice to yourself MFP.

And since this is the confession thread: I've totally done the hot chocolate thing, butter and saltines are awesome and I still eat them, but stale popcorn (yes, stale) with lots and butter and salt by far my favorite treat.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Another thing, I eat my roast/steak VERY rare, like blue if I can get it that way.....and even though I have not done it in decades as I know now it is dangerous, when I was a kid, if we had any kind of beef thawing for dinner, I would save the blood from the package and mix it into plain oatmeal and eat it the next day :o

I've been reading this thread over the last few days and I can't believe how few people have commented on this. I can't stop thinking about it, I think this is the worst confession in this thread, haha. I actually feel sick thinking about it. No judgement, just nausea ;)

Haha! Maybe more people like it than we think! When I talk about it I can remember how it tasted and would love to eat it again if I was not so scared to get sick! I did that from the time I was about 11 years old until I was about 17 or so, and never once got sick though! When I eat steak or roast I do not like ANYTHING on it, I am just wanting to taste the meat/blood....sorry that grosses you out! To be honest, not a single person I know eats it that way and several people have trouble watching me eat it. Sorry it makes you sick! My parents used to balk at it too!

I found it a little odd that nobody at all commented on my first set of confessions (the party with the hand towel)....I almost did not post it, because like I said, I never even told anyone about it before, and then nobody even blinked an eye lol

On a side note, I was stunned that this had 212 new entries today since I read this morning, going strong!
  • VanessaOrozco082314
    Options
    I like to wear a corset or waist "trainer" through out my day. Not because I feel like squeezing my waist will actually shrink it but because I have found that when I wear it I tend to not over eat because my belly can't expand. Also the extra support helps my posture!