Online Dating

Options

Replies

• Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    tavenne323 wrote: »
    We were suppose to meet for a comedy show at 9. Showed started at 10, a drink before. I got there, he never showed up. I still wanted to go to the show, so I bought myself a ticket and went across the street for a drink before it started. He texted me that he fell asleep. I said I was still going, and he came down to join me. Showed up with cat fur all over, a dirty trench coat and untied boots. During the intermission, the people in front of us were taking selfies and he kept covering up his face. After we were walking on the sidewalk and I ran into a friend. I put my arm around her and started to walk ahead a bit. I turned around to go back to say goodnight to my date and he was nowhere to be seen. He texted me a few minutes later, said he went home but wanted to go out again to "make up for being late." I declined.

How disgusting!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Alright so I met up with this guy who seemed really great and nice and we got along really well.

Then at the end of the night, he went to kiss me. He was actually more like biting me than kissing me - he bruised my freakin lips! For days, I had to wear lip gloss all the time just so it didn't show.

Then he went to kiss me on my forehead (I dunno why) however he licked my face!! Licked my face .. . really?

And then, I tried to just keep talking because my lips hurt so bad so I was just standing beside my car, getting ready to go and he started petting my hair!! Not like cute playing with my hair, no he was straight on petting it.

He called me the next day and I just ignored the calls - I didn't have anything to say.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Gave it a shot. Completely not worth the effort or the $$$ to access the useful features. It's better to just get the frak outside and meet people the "old fashioned" way.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    I had a guy that got so mad when I wouldn't let him pick me up for our first date and told him I would meet him at the restaurant. Like he got seriously offended (because he knows what type of person he is and who he is, but if I need to meet somewhere to be comfortable then he was "okay" with it)....needless to say our first date never happened.

Men like to pick up there dates.

Too bad some men don't like to put themselves in the shoes of a woman who feels a bit hesitant to hop in a car with a total stranger who told her she was pretty on the computer.

Facetime was a very good invention for online dating. I also do not trust who you really talk to online because who really know 100% if this is the person until you facetime.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Well I'm a 19 year old female. I consider myself attractive, especially when I do my hair and makeup. My body is a work in progress but it's still decent imo. Anyways I made a POF account, and holy crap, WOW. I got SOOOOOO many messages from guys in their 40's-50's+, guys who were over 300 pounds, very unattractive guys, and just complete losers.
    No you don't have to be Brad Pitt, but seriously I'm not attracted to you in the least physically it's not gonna work. The one guy who actually looked dateable on there, well turned out he just wanted a hookup and wanted me to come over that day. Ugh, dude c'mon use tinder for that, you're only 20!! I deleted POF because there wasn't too many guys my age who were actually dateable on there. I still have tinder though but it's hard because most guys just want a hookup...:(

Um... POF and tinder are just different styles of the same thing. I'd suggest using a site you pay for. At least then, the cheap people are weeded out.

Lol....just wanna throw out there, POF isn't as bad as it seems. I don't have money to waste on dating sites. I'd sooner find guys at a bar (which I've met several great guys at bars) than spend money on a site. Match is no better than POF, really. Only difference is you're paying and answer a billion more questions for your profile.

I have a POF account, and have gone on dates with several guys. Yeah, a few weren't what I was expecting. But the majority of them were actually really sweet. There's plenty of attractive guys to choose from on there, and a decent amount really are looking for a long-term relationship, as opposed to hooking up. Plus, I have a detailed enough profile that most of them (that bother to read it) know I'm not looking for any one-night crap.

Like some others have said...you can pretty quickly weed out the bad ones.

I met my fiance on POF...I dated a couple of losers before I met him...we've been happily common law for 7 years. There's nothing wrong with POF, just because they don't want to pay for Match.com doesn't mean their cheap, it just means they have better things to spend their money on. One of my best friends I met off POF too, there was no spark, but we continued to hang out, he's now married with 2 kids and we still go for lunch.
  • yopeeps025
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I had a guy that got so mad when I wouldn't let him pick me up for our first date and told him I would meet him at the restaurant. Like he got seriously offended (because he knows what type of person he is and who he is, but if I need to meet somewhere to be comfortable then he was "okay" with it)....needless to say our first date never happened.

Not when I've never met you before. Maybe I watch too much CSI and Law and Order: SVU, but you are definitely not picking me up at my house the first date.
    Now if I knew you in person, totally different story.

SVU is a great show but really. If that how you might feel why are you going on a date with them? If you honestly told a guy hey I will go out with you but I am not comfortable with you knowing where I live. It is what it is and the guy can make the choice to go out and have you meet them which is saving gas money or no date at all.

BTW I do not have a problem with not picking up my date from where they live. Have I done that. Nope. Will I do that? Yes and it will happen tomorrow where my date is arriving on her own.

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Not when I've never met you before. Maybe I watch too much CSI and Law and Order: SVU, but you are definitely not picking me up at my house the first date.

SVU is a great show but really. If that how you might feel why are you going on a date with them.

A girl has to protect herself. You can project a certain persona online and even on the phone, but I don't want anyone knowing where I live unless he's been vetted first.

I've never had anyone have a problem with me wanting to meet them.

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »

SVU is a great show but really. If that how you might feel why are you going on a date with them.

A girl has to protect herself. You can project a certain persona online and even on the phone, but I don't want anyone knowing where I live unless he's been vetted first.

Exactly! And for someone to get extremely offended by me wanting to meet them somewhere? There's something wrong with that.
    Also, I wasn't saying that talking to this guy made me think of SVU, I'm just saying in general, that this isn't 1950 anymore. There are a lot of crazies out there. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of crazy females out there that will stalk a guy too.
    I just think that for the first few dates, you don't need to know where I live.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Which I totally get.

• jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    This wasn't online but my current bf...our first date was the most awful experience I've had date wise. We went to dinner and when we were seated he asked me to switch seats with him. I didn't get why at first, but there was a table of young girls (bachelorette party) and he proceeded to ogle them the entire meal. He didn't say a single word to me the whole time lol! After dinner (we split the check) we went to grab coffee and it was pouring rain so we settled for the Dunkin drive through. He ordered himself a coffee, didn't offer me anything and then as we pulled out of the lot said "oh did you want something?" It was the worst date I've ever been on and yet I went out with him again.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Exactly! And for someone to get extremely offended by me wanting to meet them somewhere? There's something wrong with that.
    Also, I wasn't saying that talking to this guy made me think of SVU, I'm just saying in general, that this isn't 1950 anymore. There are a lot of crazies out there. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of crazy females out there that will stalk a guy too.

Well they do say good things are worth waiting for.

• Belle8312
    Options

Well they do say good things are worth waiting for.

Very true!
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a 'date'... but I have met up with a guy through Tinder. Luckily he looked exactly the same and had the same personality as he did online. I was 18 and he was 32- we got what we wanted out of it. I probably wouldn't do it again though. I was safe with this guy, but I don't want to ever chance it again.
  • Belle8312
    Options
    It wasn't a 'date'... but I have met up with a guy through Tinder. Luckily he looked exactly the same and had the same personality as he did online. I was 18 and he was 32- we got what we wanted out of it. I probably wouldn't do it again though. I was safe with this guy, but I don't want to ever chance it again.

Is there anyone on Tinder that's actually looking for a real life relationship? From what I've gathered, it's all about hookups.
  • yopeeps025
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This wasn't online but my current bf...our first date was the most awful experience I've had date wise. We went to dinner and when we were seated he asked me to switch seats with him. I didn't get why at first, but there was a table of young girls (bachelorette party) and he proceeded to ogle them the entire meal. He didn't say a single word to me the whole time lol! After dinner (we split the check) we went to grab coffee and it was pouring rain so we settled for the Dunkin drive through. He ordered himself a coffee, didn't offer me anything and then as we pulled out of the lot said "oh did you want something?" It was the worst date I've ever been on and yet I went out with him again.

This is awful. Maybe first dates should be coffee or tea instead of a meal. And if manly man doesn't pay for her latte at the register, a girl can save herself the $2.95 and just hit the road right then and there. And then temporarily disable the texting & voice mail features on her phone so she doesn't receive the profanity laced diatribe later in the day.

Key word is current boyfriend. I'm surprise @jenjencin78‌ you gave him another chance. Maybe the hotness factor out weight how crappy he treated you on first date.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

lol wth????
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Is there anyone on Tinder that's actually looking for a real life relationship? From what I've gathered, it's all about hookups.

I don't know. Talk to the guy on tinder and find out. Hookups I'm sure happen on all dating sites even the ones that you pay for.
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

And you are absolutely right- in my personal experience. The guys that my friends and I have encountered on there have one thing on their mind. There a few that initially put on a good act of wanting a relationship and a 'cuddle buddy' blah blah blah, but eventually their inner horn dog comes out, and you see their real agenda.
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The dude that used shoe polish in his hair... seriously - it started to run a little from the perspiration.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

This is awful. Maybe first dates should be coffee or tea instead of a meal. And if manly man doesn't pay for her latte at the register, a girl can save herself the $2.95 and just hit the road right then and there. And then temporarily disable the texting & voice mail features on her phone so she doesn't receive the profanity laced diatribe later in the day.

Key word is current boyfriend. I'm surprise you gave him another chance. Maybe the hotness factor out weight how crappy he treated you on first date.

Peeps, this wasn't me. It was Jenjen. I never give second chances.

My mistake at least you know better because that first date describe up there is pretty bad.