Online Dating

Options

Replies

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    free1220 wrote: »
    Note to self...don't tell girls they're pretty.

Oh, not true. Girls like to be told they're pretty...but if they read my profile and only want to comment on my looks? That's no bueno. If you message me, talk about the dozen or so other topics I offered in my profile instead.

And....some guys have come back with a smart *kitten* comment when I say 'My Mom says I'm pretty too. Wait...do you know my Mom'...and then a nice conversation ensues. Very few, but it happens.
  • paul85027
    paul85027 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    paul85027 wrote: »
    One of the earlier posters said she uses Skype now and I'm totally all in on that too!

Doesn't Skype add 10 pounds to the user's appearance?

It's not what it adds, but where it adds!!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    LuvPosh wrote: »

I write my best profiles when I'm pi$$ed off... lol they are still honest when I'm not, but they are classics when I am.

Can has screenshot, please? I'd love to see what you wrote lol.
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I was brutally honest while doing the online dating thing. I made what I was looking for perfectly clear and it helped weed out a lot of losers and scammers. I went on a few dates that were alright, perhaps a bit awkward since I was married for almost 16 years. Lucky for me, that honesty paid off and I found what I was looking for.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    4homer wrote: »
    Well I'm trying the online dating right now and yeah....not so good. Just got a message from one guy to call him ASAP and another I replied too did pretty much the same thing. if you want my number or your giving me yours right off the bat then my creepers alarms are going off

They are fake accounts and scammers.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    LuvPosh wrote: »
    All of them, it usually starts with arriving and a male has yet again over estimated their height!

I've never had this problem lolol.
    Ask them to show you their ID. They can block out the important bits. If they refuse, red flag.

Hmm That might not sit well with some guys. And who actually updates there ID. Although I did for mine yesterday.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I would write in my profile "messages that just say 'hey' won't be responded to"..or something along those lines. Then people would just say "hey" and get annoyed when I wouldn't respond.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The red flags for women.... body type "about average" or "curvy" Now they are hit or miss, but if its only selfies with head and big boobs but no body shot. They usually are carrying a lot extra lol.

I'm a short guy and don't get a ton of responses for that reason, but at least I don't lie :/
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    The red flags for women.... body type "about average" or "curvy" Now they are hit or miss, but if its only selfies with head and big boobs but no body shot. They usually are carrying a lot extra lol.

I'm a short guy and don't get a ton of responses for that reason, but at least I don't lie :/

You are forgetting the above selfie too.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Well I'm trying the online dating right now and yeah....not so good. Just got a message from one guy to call him ASAP and another I replied too did pretty much the same thing. if you want my number or your giving me yours right off the bat then my creepers alarms are going off

I agree They could be that. Either way wanting phone numbers right off the bat is messed up lol

• yopeeps025
    Options

I agree They could be that. Either way wanting phone numbers right off the bat is messed up lol

They usually ask you to help (pay whole amount) of whatever it is that they want.
  • VioletSauce
    VioletSauce Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The guy wore plastic gloves during whole date...I am so glad it was just coffee.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I had a guy that got so mad when I wouldn't let him pick me up for our first date and told him I would meet him at the restaurant. Like he got seriously offended (because he knows what type of person he is and who he is, but if I need to meet somewhere to be comfortable then he was "okay" with it)....needless to say our first date never happened.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    For all the bad dates I bet the ratio is 3 bad dates a guy has to one bad date a woman has.... just sayin

Seriously? We're the ones who have to fight dudes off who think we somehow owe them something for buying us dinner...or keeping us company during dinner, since I at least offer to pay for my own. That sets up some very awkward situations from go.

But on the other hand, I did meet the man of my dreams on OKCupid, and we both feel extremely fortunate to have finally found each other, so I highly encourage any single person to try it. Just make sure your sense of humor is intact.
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options
    Married guys who lie about being divorced, guys who are like WAY different than their picture, guys that are just plain disgusting....I have had to deal with all that crap. It got to the point I was listed as "Replies very selectively" because I was just not responding to a lot of people. I wrote in on my page to write something more than "Hey what's up?" so those who did I knew they read my page. If they just send me "Hey what's up" I know they didn't read my page and just looked at my pictures....delete!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    The guy wore plastic gloves during whole date...I am so glad it was just coffee.

:lol: he thought you were dirty.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    I had a guy that got so mad when I wouldn't let him pick me up for our first date and told him I would meet him at the restaurant. Like he got seriously offended (because he knows what type of person he is and who he is, but if I need to meet somewhere to be comfortable then he was "okay" with it)....needless to say our first date never happened.

Men like to pick up there dates.

• Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Anybody who is cheap is a bad date! Cheap men make me itch!
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »

Men like to pick up there dates.

Not when I've never met you before. Maybe I watch too much CSI and Law and Order: SVU, but you are definitely not picking me up at my house the first date.
    Now if I knew you in person, totally different story.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    We were suppose to meet for a comedy show at 9. Showed started at 10, a drink before. I got there, he never showed up. I still wanted to go to the show, so I bought myself a ticket and went across the street for a drink before it started. He texted me that he fell asleep. I said I was still going, and he came down to join me. Showed up with cat fur all over, a dirty trench coat and untied boots. During the intermission, the people in front of us were taking selfies and he kept covering up his face. After we were walking on the sidewalk and I ran into a friend. I put my arm around her and started to walk ahead a bit. I turned around to go back to say goodnight to my date and he was nowhere to be seen. He texted me a few minutes later, said he went home but wanted to go out again to "make up for being late." I declined.

I do have to say though, I've stayed friends with two guys I met online. And through one of them I met my boyfriend and we are celebrating one year in a month in Florida!