Online Dating

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    The guy who pulled out his falice to show me his piercing upon first meeting him kinda ruined it.

Sounds like every forum too.

LOL, doing it over a pc is one thing....whipping it out a foot from me in a car is something else. I'll stick with a forum :)

Excellent. Pics sent.

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    This is probably not the reaction I should be having to these posts, but I have a very, very strong desire to join a variety of online dating sites, now. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of humor and some amazing anecdotes. Fortunately (?) I am way too lazy, which is why I haven't ventured into online dating before now.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    The guy who pulled out his falice to show me his piercing upon first meeting him kinda ruined it.

Sounds like every forum too.

LOL!!!! There's one guy that I keep seeing that turns everything into something like that!

Not me, but do you want me to send you junk pics?

Negative, but thanks for asking! :smiley:

You sure? I got one hell of a plank over here.. Check it out...

3048fd1022bf5517dd206b47b66a25c2.jpg
  • findinglssjess
    Options
    Oh I also forgot about the guy who doesn't text? Would only contact me between certain hours while he was on a computer at the library. Now, when I post an ad I post full body pics, I do NOT for one second pretend I'm a supermodel...anyway the fact that this guys contacting me pattern was a little loopy I was like eh I'm not interested thank you though. He then messaged me this NASTY message that I was fat and disgusting and the only thing I take care of is my teeth and the rest of me is hideous etc etc I was like :open_mouth: I messaged him back was like DO NOT EVER contact me again. My pics were posted the whole entire time you disgusting abusive jerk, why don't you act like a baby because you didn't get what you wanted? I mean come on what kind of REAL man says that stuff to someone?

Also most recently met a guy went out once...he would call and text all week (while he was traveling for business) and Saturday nights would roll around and he would disappear. Not respond to ANYTHING. That's inconsistent red flag behavior. Again told him I wasn't interested.

I have sworn at this point that the next man I meet will be out somewhere...whether I run into him at the grocery store or the coffee shop or bar I don't care I'm not meeting anymore men from online sites. Although I may consider eharmony on the future but I don't know.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I just thinking of AOL and the chat room days, is the the online dating you are talking about?
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    AKChevy wrote: »
    I just thinking of AOL and the chat room days, is the the online dating you are talking about?

Haha you're dating yourself there.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    amunet07 wrote: »
    its a toss up...the date that went well until i offered to pay 1/2 the meal then he seemed distant and when we went to his house...he said he wasn't feeling the spark but I could stay if I want to f....

Charming.

Now that it's culturally accepted - or in many cases expected - for women to avail themselves sexually to men without a marital commitment, it's evident how comfortable a lot of men feel about letting women know what they really think about this curious non-traditional arrangement. And how it works marvelously in their favor. Mens' favor that is.

And they do this quite casually, as there will be no long term consequences for such boorish behavior. They'll find a willing ding dong to use sexually probably the next day and they know it.

Once women - collectively - get the spine to say enough is enough and deny these boors the outlet and companionship they expect, this stuff will stop happening.

(Amunet07, this is not directed at you personally. It sounds like you had the good sense to move on and let it go. My comment is a general observation of how degenerated the culture has become when it comes to how single men and women relate to each other.)

yep...I got the heck out of there immediately on each occasion. I can't even blame their behavior on my weight...I was skinny and rocking it back then.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    So I have been on almost every single dating website that has ever been created. The ones that are free, the ones that you pay for, the ones that are literally just for hook ups (POF and Tinder) and ones that seem could potentially be for long term (Match) and I seem to find the exact same thing: guys talk to you for about 2 minutes and then it's, can I have your number, can I have your e-mail address, etc. I'm sorry, but I am not giving you my number after exchanging 3 messages (literally 3, over the course of 10 minutes) with you.
    The best though are the guys who jump straight into sexual conversations (POF and Tinder are the best examples, which in my defense, I didn't really know too much about them at first, so I didn't know that's what they were all about), and want nothing more than a hook up.
    I had one guy who told me I had beautiful eyes and a great profile and that I was the type of girl he was looking for (this was on Match.com) and literally within 2 days of e-mailing back and forth, asked me if I liked a guy going down on me and when were we going to have sex.

REALLY??? That conversation was quickly ended and deleted.

wow, I didn't know POF was just for hook ups.

• RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

dang it. So would my A/S/L questions date me as well?
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Hahaha wow this is bringing back memories! My one friend and I...when we were like 13...would message random hot guys the ASL questions all the time! We were naughty...
  • Sinistrous
    Options

S2R only. ONLY.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ooh, this isn't online dating, so not entirely on-topic, but back in college I got to know my next door neighbor because we took the same bus to campus.

We got to be friendly enough that we would spend a lot of time chatting on gchat during the day, but I had a boyfriend at the time and this guy was not someone I would be interested in romantically. Fast forward several months and I move a few states away after dumping the boyfriend (the timing was not coincidental), and we continue to chat almost every day, just standard friendly chat. We had mutual interests - video games, books, various tv shows, food, languages, etc, so we would talk about those things.

After a while it becomes clear that he is expecting something beyond friendship. He begins to talk (via chat) about coming to visit. Since I don't want to lead this guy on, I tell him (via chat) that I'd love it if he came to visit but explain that if he does visit it would be as a friend only, that I am not interested in a relationship or a hook-up.

I never heard from him again. Ever.

He literally stopped chatting mid-conversation, unfriended me on Facebook, and never spoke to me again, to this day, even though we had been talking several times a week. At least I figured out what he was after pretty rapidly and didn't waste too much time?
  • paul85027
    paul85027 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I met up with a woman to go play pool one time and we actually had a pretty nice time. Then she came over to my place the second time we got together and she simply refused to leave the house. Things seemed to start off okay but then she just started whimpering about how she wasn't pretty enough despite my reassurances of her looks. She just wouldn't let it go! It was like midnight and it felt like a 2 hour unpaid counseling session!! Just when I thought she was going to leave I hear the doorbell ring and it's her brother and he comes in saying "why are you messing with my sister, buddy? I'll mess you up!"

He got all up in my face and then left the house and then she apologized profusely for it and begged to make it up to me. Man I was so freaked out I moved apartments after the end of the month and changed my number.

One of the earlier posters said she uses Skype now and I'm totally all in on that too! Gotta vet the situation. Then if anything wild happens at least it's in the comfort and security of my place! If it's late and the evening discretions come out at least I'm not having a random guy pull a knife on me!
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Met with a lawyer for dinner once, and he seemed really nice at first but then I found out that he was extremely racist and that the main reason he wanted to date me was because I am "the perfect German" (aka blonde and blue eyes). Ugh ... yeah ... no thanks.
  • Imanapeman
    Imanapeman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I met a girl once at a pool hall. About an hour in I went to get us some food and beer at the restaurant that was there. When I came back she was talking to another dude, and then he started playing pool with her. They then started to get flirty etc... They were so into each other, I just ended up leaving. I'm fine with it, because we didn't really have chemistry. And I would never want to be with someone that disrespectful...
  • Imanapeman
    Options
    Arliah wrote: »
    Met with a lawyer for dinner once, and he seemed really nice at first but then I found out that he was extremely racist and that the main reason he wanted to date me was because I am "the perfect German" (aka blonde and blue eyes). Ugh ... yeah ... no thanks.

I dated a German girl once, she was extremely racist. She actually said the "n" word on the date.
  • Imanapeman
    Options
    paul85027 wrote: »
    I met up with a woman to go play pool one time and we actually had a pretty nice time. Then she came over to my place the second time we got together and she simply refused to leave the house. Things seemed to start off okay but then she just started whimpering about how she wasn't pretty enough despite my reassurances of her looks. She just wouldn't let it go! It was like midnight and it felt like a 2 hour unpaid counseling session!! Just when I thought she was going to leave I hear the doorbell ring and it's her brother and he comes in saying "why are you messing with my sister, buddy? I'll mess you up!"

He got all up in my face and then left the house and then she apologized profusely for it and begged to make it up to me. Man I was so freaked out I moved apartments after the end of the month and changed my number.

One of the earlier posters said she uses Skype now and I'm totally all in on that too! Gotta vet the situation. Then if anything wild happens at least it's in the comfort and security of my place! If it's late and the evening discretions come out at least I'm not having a random guy pull a knife on me!

Yikes, man... Sounds like something out of a bad soap opera.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I dated a German girl once, she was extremely racist. She actually said the "n" word on the date.
    Ouch. I assure you, we are not all like that! I cringe every time when somebody says "soup nazi" or something like that. And the "n" word ... yeah, that would make me cringe, too. The lawyer said the same thing though. Multiple times.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    Ouch. I assure you, we are not all like that! I cringe every time when somebody says "soup nazi" or something like that.

My guy's German, I'm a mutt, no racism from him, whatsoever.
    #Aware :3
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I was once messaged on OKCupid by a man who wanted to arrange to strip and touch himself for me and a group of my friends. He would do this for free. We were not allowed to touch him, only to watch. I have no idea what this was about, but he got very offended when I declined.

Another gentleman got very upset one day when I stopped at a bar on the way home from work. We had barely begun chatting, had not even exchanged phone numbers, and for a few nights I would chat with him when I got home. Until the night I stopped at the bar to visit with friends...and came home to dozens of messages yelling at me..."I know you're there. Why aren't you talking to me?" We had no pre-arranged meeting time or any other indication that I would be home at any certain time. For some reason the guy was convinced that I should be grateful for his attention, since he lived very close to me. Since I had a car and commuted to the next town for work, I was confused by this idea, but he was quite nasty about my lack of gratitude.