Online Dating

Options

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I didn't have any disaster dates from online dating but I did have disaster interactions that I did not allow to get to the dating stage. The biggest tell tale was usually if I said I didn't want to meet yet and they flipped out...uh no. I did get ghosted twice after a first date with two different people that I thought went well only to never hear from them again...

But I did meet my bf at the end of it. Honestly I didn't even see him as a possibility at first but his conversation was nice and not over the top. I was sick of people texting me every five seconds and Matt was always backed off because he had his own life going on.But the first time we did meet in person we didn't stop talking until we got kicked out of the diner we met at because it was closing.

It's been a year now, which may not seem like a long time in the grand scheme of things, but it is definitely long enough to not be a bust in terms of online dating.

ETA: OH! I remembered the worst interaction. As many women have said, sometimes it's better to ignore rather than just say no and I'm sorry but not everyone can get a response and I don't owe anyone a response. And just because I do respond does not automatically mean I'll date you. I had a guy get so mad that I wasn't wanting to meet the same day we talked that he told me a fat *kitten* wouldn't get better than him anyway and I should just settle. Like really? I've never lacked for dates even when I was over 300lbs and who really wants to be the person a supposed "fat b itch" settles for? It blew my mind.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I just hate how boring guys are...like "Hey"
    Wow that's really all you could think of, guess you don't really care about me.
    Or like "you're beautiful" really, don't get all complimentary on me, I know you think saying that to 1,000 girls will most likely get you laid, but I won't be the girl. Please be original. If you say what's up, I'm most likely on the toilet.

tell them you are taking a *kitten*

i have it goes really well for me
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    Or like "you're beautiful" really, don't get all complimentary on me, I know you think saying that to 1,000 girls will most likely get you laid, but I won't be the girl. Please be original. If you say what's up, I'm most likely on the toilet.

I mean sometimes that's what I am doing...like why lie and pretend to be interesting?
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Where shall I start?

The guy who chased me for weeks, took me on an expensive date then told me he only likes slim women a max of a uk size 10 (we had chatted on skype many times) he then stalked me giving me abuse for 6 months telling me about shagging skinny women.

or the man asking me to have his babies
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    MomOfRose wrote: »
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Online dating is interesting because it intensifies everyone's tendency to judge (and yes we all judge at some level). It's frustrating to me because all the women seemed to have established all these unwritten rules or something. Maybe I'm just ugly (I can accept that) but I just have the hardest time getting responses. I understand that most women who are at least decent looking are getting bombarded with creeps, but I am never creepy , shoot for girls "in my league" and try not to be too boring and generic. I feel like I should at least get a response even if it's a "sorry I don't think we are a good match" but maybe I'm asking for too much. All I know is that if I get through all the online games crap and finally get a real date, things go well. I just feel like I have to sell my soul just to get to that point.

It's a strange dynamic where women have the upper hand.

I've found that if I reply to a guy with a polite rejection ("Thank you for your message but I don't think you're the right match for me. Good luck in your search!") I get one of two kinds of messages:

1. "Oh, c'mon! Give me a chance! You don't even know me!" and they keep repeating a similar message no matter how many details I give them on WHY I'm not interested.
    2. "F you b****! You're f'n ugly anyway!"

To me, ignoring an incoming message is the same as rolling your eyes at someone and turning your back when they approach you at a bar - and yet it's SOOOO hard to keep my spirits up when guys I message don't reply and the ones that message me first and in whom I'm not interested cuss me out for not thinking they're God's gift.

Agree here. I've had guys get pissed off cause I won't reply to them, but the ones I do reply with "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested", just keep talking to you! And that is why I simply don't reply. I'm already getting too many messages and really only have time for the ones who really are interesting...

Why won't you reply? Give me a chance? @sweetdixie92‌ plz. .. Lol

Wow. Their mancard should be confiscated immediately. I cringed hard even jokingly writing that. Maybe it has worked for them in the past?

Well you never messaged me dammit ;)

But my thoughts exactly! I would never, EVER beg (which is practically what they're doing) for someone to talk to me. And I'm a girl. It only makes it a firmer NO. I like a real man.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

lol!!

"I'm taking a *kitten*"
    "uhh okay..."
    "It's pretty rough. I guess I just have to bite my lip and give it hell".
  • I video chat via Skype because I use it, as another avenue to help gauge compatibility; before meeting someone in person! Obviously if I notice that a guy has an addiction to his cellular, while chatting with me on Skype via his computer; then he most likely will on a date also/that isn't someone that I'd be interested in dating.

This also avoids the dreaded, meeting someone; whom doesn't look like their pictures.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I met the man of my dreams online, and we just celebrated 1 year together in December. But before that, I did have to go through quite a few frogs to find my prince.

One gentleman asked me to meet him at a Buffalo Wild Wings. The moment I walked in, his first words were "I know I'm not what you're looking for. At least you get free dinner out of this." Then he proceeded to tell me, in so many words, what a loser he is. He said this repeatedly. He explained how he had no friends, no social life, and no one to hang out with, and then asked if he could hang out with me and my friends. It was all very awkward.

Another guy showed up at a bar already drunk, tried to kiss me before he even said hello, and spent the next hour trying to convince me that he was going home with me. He was quite pushy, and tried to get manipulative, so when his friends started texting and asking him to meet them at another bar, I encouraged him to go.

A third gentleman was very nice, but he proceeded to tell me all about his previous relationships which made it very obvious he had a savior complex. He seemed to only date women who did a lot of drugs and were in financial distress. He seemed to enjoy trying to "fix" them and was very disappointed that he failed in every instance. I didn't have anything for him to fix, and so felt that we were a bad match.
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy for 9 months that I met through a mutual friend before I one day stumbled across his active dating profile. Like a dummy, he kept it logged in on his computer, so I checked and saw literally HUNDREDS of generic messages sent out to every girl within a 100 mile radius. Something like "Hello, you are absolutely gorgeous and I'd love to get to know you."
    He denied it. I guess he was hoping I had been born yesterday.

That was before I even considered online dating. After that ended, I made a POF profile. Then an OKC profile. Most of the time it's pretty easy to weed out the crazies though.
  • Christineclendaniel
    Options
    Havent done online dating in a long time. The guy who pulled out his falice to show me his piercing upon first meeting him kinda ruined it. Ugh, creepers ruin it for everyone.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    The guy who pulled out his falice to show me his piercing upon first meeting him kinda ruined it.

Sounds like every forum too.

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    The guy who pulled out his falice to show me his piercing upon first meeting him kinda ruined it.

LOL!!!! There's one guy that I keep seeing that turns everything into something like that!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    jorodri7 wrote: »
    Oh and I forgot about the guy who told me my breasts didn't look as big in person.

You need to give a real man like me a chance I would never treat you like that

Dude, maybe start with friending me lol

smh lol
  • Belle8312
    Options
    jorodri7 wrote: »
    Oh and I forgot about the guy who told me my breasts didn't look as big in person.

You need to give a real man like me a chance I would never treat you like that

Dude, maybe start with friending me lol

smh lol

LOL!!!
  • toiletski
    Options

A third gentleman was very nice, but he proceeded to tell me all about his previous relationships which made it very obvious he had a savior complex. He seemed to only date women who did a lot of drugs and were in financial distress. He seemed to enjoy trying to "fix" them and was very disappointed that he failed in every instance. I didn't have anything for him to fix, and so felt that we were a bad match.

My last one was exactly this! He wanted to be Cap'n Save a Ho and I didn't need saving so he moved on.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »

LOL!!!! There's one guy that I keep seeing that turns everything into something like that!

Not me, but do you want me to send you junk pics?

• Belle8312
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »

Not me, but do you want me to send you junk pics?

Negative, but thanks for asking! :smiley:
  • toiletski
    Options
    @Belle8312 small world but we are close in proximity! Sorry just creeped your profile
  • Christineclendaniel
    Options

LOL, doing it over a pc is one thing....whipping it out a foot from me in a car is something else. I'll stick with a forum :)

• Belle8312
    Options
    @toiletski‌

It's a very small world! That's okay, you can creep my profile. :smile: