Online Dating

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    Oh the racist thing reminds me of another horrible date. We met at a park to have a picnic. We were sitting at some park tables and there was a man and a woman sitting at the table behind us. They were African American which I don't care, but the guy I was with (who was from Lebanon and going to college in this town) looks at me and says, "don't you think black people are really racist?" He said it loud enough for them to hear too. I am completely mortified and told him well every race has racist people in it but I don't think them as a whole are racists. But he kept insisting that they all were. Then he grabs me and starts kissing me. It was the worst kiss in the history of Man. My chin and cheeks were soaking wet from his spit. There was more of his spit than mine in my mouth and he started to suck so hard on my face I thought he was going to suck my face off my skull. While doing this, he is grabbing my boobs. I pull his hand off, pry my face from his mouth, and tell him to stop touching my boobs. He tells me he likes them. DON'T CARE. Then he apologizes and we sit there for a little bit. Then he grabs me again and it starts all over. So I put him in a wrist lock told him the date was over and start to get up to leave. He then tells me that I have to come up with the next idea for the next date since it's my turn. Yeah that didn't happen.

What the hell is wrong with people!!!

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    Oh the racist thing reminds me of another horrible date. We met at a park to have a picnic. We were sitting at some park tables and there was a man and a woman sitting at the table behind us. They were African American which I don't care, but the guy I was with (who was from Lebanon and going to college in this town) looks at me and says, "don't you think black people are really racist?" He said it loud enough for them to hear too. I am completely mortified and told him well every race has racist people in it but I don't think them as a whole are racists. But he kept insisting that they all were. Then he grabs me and starts kissing me. It was the worst kiss in the history of Man. My chin and cheeks were soaking wet from his spit. There was more of his spit than mine in my mouth and he started to suck so hard on my face I thought he was going to suck my face off my skull. While doing this, he is grabbing my boobs. I pull his hand off, pry my face from his mouth, and tell him to stop touching my boobs. He tells me he likes them. DON'T CARE. Then he apologizes and we sit there for a little bit. Then he grabs me again and it starts all over. So I put him in a wrist lock told him the date was over and start to get up to leave. He then tells me that I have to come up with the next idea for the next date since it's my turn. Yeah that didn't happen.

What the hell is wrong with people!!!

My thoughts exactly!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    This is probably not the reaction I should be having to these posts, but I have a very, very strong desire to join a variety of online dating sites, now. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of humor and some amazing anecdotes. Fortunately (?) I am way too lazy, which is why I haven't ventured into online dating before now.

It is hilarious. I highly recommend it. But, can definitely be a major time suck.

And you can have fun with it. Like, sometimes when guys send the 'hey, you're pretty' message, I'll send back - "Oh my gosh! My Mom says the same thing. Wait....do you know my Mom?"

And I laugh.

Every time.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    This is probably not the reaction I should be having to these posts, but I have a very, very strong desire to join a variety of online dating sites, now. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of humor and some amazing anecdotes. Fortunately (?) I am way too lazy, which is why I haven't ventured into online dating before now.

It is hilarious. I highly recommend it. But, can definitely be a major time suck.

And you can have fun with it. Like, sometimes when guys send the 'hey, you're pretty' message, I'll send back - "Oh my gosh! My Mom says the same thing. Wait....do you know my Mom?"

And I laugh.

Every time.

Hahahahahaha! That is awesome! I'm going to have to remember that!
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »

And I laugh.

Every time.

Hahaha I LOVE this! I'm going to have to try that one.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    LuvPosh wrote: »
    All of them, it usually starts with arriving and a male has yet again over estimated their height!

I've never had this problem lolol.
    Ask them to show you their ID. They can block out the important bits. If they refuse, red flag.
  • Sinistrous wrote: »
    All of them, it usually starts with arriving and a male has yet again over estimated their height!

Ask them to show you their ID. They can block out the important bits. If they refuse, red flag.

Great advice!
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Note to self...don't tell girls they're pretty.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    For all the bad dates I bet the ratio is 3 bad dates a guy has to one bad date a woman has.... just sayin
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    free1220 wrote: »
    Note to self...don't tell girls they're pretty.

Exactly, that's why I've never in my life told any girl that they're pretty.
    I did, however, make my man admit he's sexy and his face got so red :3
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

Great advice!

Hopefully they are more honest about their height than some women are about their weight (oh, sorry did you mean in POUNDS?).

Some have even convinced themselves they aren't even lying since they've been doing so long. It's amazing the number of men who seem to think it perfectly ordinary to round up 2-3 inches to meet 6' (or 6", for that matter). Don't they know we can actually see these things (at least weight is a bit harder to pinpoint).
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    tchell99 wrote: »

Great advice!

Hopefully they are more honest about their height than some women are about their weight (oh, sorry did you mean in POUNDS?).

Some have even convinced themselves they aren't even lying since they've been doing so long. It's amazing the number of men who seem to think it perfectly ordinary to round up 2-3 inches to meet 6' (or 6", for that matter). Don't they know we can actually see these things (at least weight is a bit harder to pinpoint).

Lol if I showed my ID, they would think I stole it off a bigger girl, as I've never bothered updating mine and won't until it gets ready to expire. But, that's okay, a webcam doesn't lie.
  • tchell99
    Options

Great advice!

Lol if I showed my ID, they would think I stole it off a bigger girl, as I've never bothered updating mine and won't until it gets ready to expire. But, that's okay, a webcam doesn't lie.

I just realized the other day that even though I only fibbed by 10lbs when I got my license when I moved a couple years ago, I am now about 30 lighter than what it states! That made me feel really good.
  • LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I;

ID? Do you mean as in a license? We don't have height on licenses in Australia. :-(
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    I;

ID? Do you mean as in a license? We don't have height on licenses in Australia. :-(

Awww, damn.. I'm so sorry D:

Everyone has to have measuring tape of some sort, right?
    Perhaps you'll get the truth about other... Lengths of things LOL. -I'll shut up now, I'm being terribad!!!-
  • Sinistrous
    Options

I just realized the other day that even though I only fibbed by 10lbs when I got my license when I moved a couple years ago, I am now about 30 lighter than what it states! That made me feel really good.

Well, congratulations to you!!! :)
    Really :D

My ID has my highest weight recorded on it, perhaps I keep it as a reminder of where to not get.. Haha.

I may say I lost it when I go renew, even if I have to take the whole exam from scratch.
  • LuvPosh
    Options

Great advice!

I'm too honest. When you lie you have to remember and I have a great memory.

You'd be surprised, I've had guys use pics that are 10yrs or more old. I guess like some females, they expect when you turn up you won't notice?! hahaha
  • tchell99
    Options

Great advice!

You'd be surprised, I've had guys use pics that are 10yrs or more old. I guess like some females, they expect when you turn up you won't notice?! hahaha

I am utterly transparent on online profiles, even when it's to my detriment (like age - I recall hating turning 40 only because I knew I would now be cut from searches for anyone who selected up to 40). Also about my faith (or lack thereof) and and desire for children (or lack thereof). Best to get that out of the way from the get-go.

• LuvPosh
    Options

Great advice!

I am utterly transparent on online profiles, even when it's to my detriment (like age - I recall hating turning 40 only because I knew I would now be cut from searches for anyone who selected up to 40). Also about my faith (or lack thereof) and and desire for children (or lack thereof). Best to get that out of the way from the get-go.

I write my best profiles when I'm pi$$ed off... lol they are still honest when I'm not, but they are classics when I am.

• LuvPosh
    Options

Great advice!

I write my best profiles when I'm pi$$ed off... lol they are still honest when I'm not, but they are classics when I am.