How much weight have you lost?

Options

Replies

• hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight. I kicked 70 pounds to the curb and told it not to come back.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I'm down 34 pounds since August 2014, started at 169 and am currently 135 and now am in maintenance while I try to recomp. Hopefully I can bring my body fat down at this weight, otherwise I would like to ultimately lose another 6 lbs. I'm ~5'7 btw, 43, and hypothyroid.
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I've lost 16lbs since Dec 26th (I didn't wait for NYD). I started at 223 & I'm now at 207. I've passed my first goal of 215 & onto the next. I'm doing 6 week baby steps until next Christmas. My aim is 130-125, so I have 70-80lb to go. This should take me to the bottom of the healthy BMI range. I developed a heart condition which I'm convinced is because my body is overloaded... so my plan is to eat well, run & bike well, sleep well ... & everything else should fall into place. I re-started running and am currently putting in 2-3 miles a day in 20-30 mins. That plus weight training works for me.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    As of this morning I have lost 29 lbs - I am pretty pleased with myself as this puts me (in UK parlance) at 12 stone (=168 lbs).
  • CaoimheMariexo
    CaoimheMariexo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    mattnics wrote: »
    Amazing!! If you dont mind me asking, what did you do to lose 100lbs?!

I started off blind, not doing any research and just doing what I though was healthy. I would make huge cooked vegetable blends, most of which were disgusting because again I was clueless, and I started working out with a wii fit that I gave my sister that Christmas ( I started my diet in January).

Trying to speed the story up...I made sure I did the wii fit every day, nothing to intense but a lot of jogging in place, and I started doing a lot of walking outside. I eventually gave up on fresh and expensive food and ate a lot of lean cuisines in the house and a lot of chicken salads/wraps outside of the house.

The single biggest and simplest steps I took to lose a large amount of weight from the get go were three things. I made sure to walk at least 1 mile a day, I forced myself to stay under 1800 calories of healthy-ish food, and I NEVER ate after 6pm. It was unbearable some nights and I'm still not sure how I didn't binge as I'm someone that stays up until at least midnight, but it was a miracle worker.

I ended up using my neighbors treadmill and started jogging occasionally as well as going on my walk, and down the road I started jogging outside at night (not a fan of watching eyes). I also ended up pulling my bike out of the basement and got big into biking; it was a lot less embarrassing for someone of my size and I didn't get winded as easily.

Over time my stomach shrank on its own. I could go a day eating a lean cuisine, a couple snack bars, and then a salad for dinner or healthy out to eat choices like a couple fresco tacos or grilled chicken snack wraps.

7 months into it I was down from 265 to 180 and I was afraid of flabby skin. I had already occasionally done some push-ups, sit-ups, and whatever the wii fit had to offer but nothing too serious. I started p90x (hardest thing I've ever done being out of shape and my body probably severely lacking proper calories) and went all the way 90 days ending at 165lbs with some obvious muscle definition in my arms and legs. That was the bulk of what I went through to do it "the right way" before considering surgery which thankfully I avoided.

What an amazing journey! Well done! Huge inspiration :blush:
  • CaoimheMariexo
    Options
    hermann341 wrote: »
    I haven't lost any weight. I kicked 70 pounds to the curb and told it not to come back.

Yasssss!! I realise lost isnt the best wording i could have used! :neutral_face:
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    105 lbs total. From 2010 or so until now. It has been in 2 big chunks: 70lbs of it in 2010 and 35 or so of it in Feb-May of 2014. I am trying to lose 26 more to get to my goal, and from there I will either keep losing or enter maintenance depending on how I feel. I am hoping to be done by summer 2015!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    67201008.png
  • julieet76
    julieet76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had gastric sleeve surgery a year ago. I have lost 116 lbs. I don't know how to post pics on here?
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I lost 28lb. It took me a year. I haven't gained it back and I lost 2 additional sizes in the year following from becoming more active. (well, way more active)

I am glad to see I am not the only one took a long time for the weight to come off - so often I see posts where they able to loose 2 pounds per week consistently. even when I was eating 1200 calories I could not do it... here is to the slow and steady!!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]8931969.png[/url]

• Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    22 lbs in 8 months. Had lost 40 in 5 months but then I got off track and went through a tough time. Now I'm back at it. Hoping to get to 50 before my 1 year mark. It'll be difficult, but I'll do my best. Currently just started back up again and I'm watching calories, doing about 1700 daily and doing cardio & lifting at the gym 4 times a week.
  • Callo25
    Callo25 Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    70ish since about March 2013. Started using MFP after I started watching my food (when I hit my first wall, probably around 115-116kg). Stopped losing weight last summer (intentionally). Back to cut in the last couple weeks.
    I'm a male, 25, 198cm (about 6'5' I'm told) and 97 Kg (was north of 126). At my lowest probably 95, been hoovering around 96 for a while.
    Not really much exercise.
    For me, it pretty much works with some months of losing weight and then a bit of a plateaux and then losing again and so on. Never gained much back (1-2 kgs, but at my size that really is a normal daily variation, I only have serious weight-ins once a week to keep it consistent).
    Target is now set at 90kg, which I'm planning on getting to by late April at most. Then my BMI will be 23.0 and I won't likely have much left to lose (I already went from grade 1 obese to normal weight).
    Planning on picking up some jogging, not much time to really work out (med school).
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress/successes everyone. very inspirational and encouraging.
  • CaoimheMariexo
    Options
    Amazing progress/successes everyone. very inspirational and encouraging.

• Amanda_145
    Amanda_145 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In 2010 I was my heaviest at 260lbs! When I realized how much I weighed I stopped eating so much fast food, I didn't excerise or log food and I only lost 15lbs between 2010 and 2013...... In 2013 I got "serious" about losing weight. I went from 245 to 225 then back up to 235. I had 2 surgeries on my knee (meniscus repair, and then 6 months later I had my ACL and MCL reconstructed and my meniscus removed because it didn't heal after the first surgery) I also had a ton of excuses why I "couldn't" eat healthy. When this year started I realized I was at the same place I was at the beginning of last year...... I decided no matter what this year will be my year to get healthy! I can't do much in the way of excerise yet because my last surgery was in December and I have to be careful, but I can walk and I do, I try to hit my 10,000 steps 5 days a week! I log everything I eat, stay within my macros and drink at least a gallon of water a day! Since January 1st I have lost 21lbs, I'm down to 214lbs!!! Only 54 more lbs to go to reach my goal of 160lbs (I'm 5'10")!!!!
  • v8maro
    v8maro Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    100lbs as of today!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    28lbs in 10 months. Took a break for 8 weeks and have maintained. Now in for the final 14lb push. I have a deadline in May. That's my motivation
  • dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    48lbs so far!!.. From 282lbs to 234lbs current weight this morning.. Goal is 210lbs
  • shells22
    shells22 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My highest was 238 in 2011 so that's when I started. I've lost over 70 pounds but gained so currently down 66 pounds. I have to keep trying day by day and set mini goals. Aiming for 4-6 pound loss a month yet I am okay with no weight loss as long as I am active daily. Yeah weight loss is everyone's goal yet I want to gain stamina and feel happy just to live. The lessons learned from losing weight, it's majority mental.
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    as at yesterday I have lost 70lbs (5 stone) since starting this last January 2014 I still have some work to do with at least 14lb (1 stone) to get into the "normal" weight catagory
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!