Guys like heavier girls?

Options

Replies

• ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I saw a special on TV that said guys are instinctively attracted to women with an hour glass figure with a smaller waist size. They can be various sizes as long as the hour glass and small waist to hips ratio was the same. This small waist with wider hips represents good child birthing apparently, so it is an instinctual attraction for them. This is probably the same reason why women are most often attracted to large men with broad shoulders - more masculine. It seems to make sense.
  • sixxfan26
    sixxfan26 Posts: 8
    Options
    But you're factoring in an ugly personality for the thin girl and a great personality for the overweight one.

Take two beautiful women, beautiful faces, beautiful personality, everything is perfect.

One is a healthy size 6, has curves (because you CAN have curves at size 6) and the other is overweight and a size 16.

My money is on men choosing the size 6.

Sorry, but you're lying to yourself. Take the personality out of the equation, and I'm still taking the thick chick. ALL of my guy friends are exactly the same way. We talk about this quite often really.

Let me just say this: REAL men like thicker, curvier women. It's the shallow peckerheads that only look for the skinny minnies. I don't get it honestly. 100% honest truth.
  • sixxfan26
    sixxfan26 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm sure just like with girls, it varies based on the different guys individual tastes, but I too know plenty of guys that would prefer a "thick" girl over someone real skinny. I think it's mostly b/c they want a&& and boobs ;) no big secret there! lol...and I've also heard people say they like to have something to hold on too. but before everyone gives up on their weight loss goals..there is a difference between fat and curvy! I think muscle looks really good on women. So you can have a lower body fat percentage and still have a sexy body with curves. If your doing the right things in the gym. Now take a size 14 picture of a girl naked, and a size 6 girl that works out and put a picture of her naked next to the 14 and see which a guy chooses???

Spot on! Part of it is the bigger butt and boobies (I like the booty part but couldn't care less about the booby size... LOL) I just think the tiny girls look sick and need to eat a few cheeseburgers. Plus, when you're all cuddled up under the sheets, I don't wanna feel bones poking me everywhere. ;)
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Direct quote: "Z's girl is really pretty. I don't want a girl that's like a model. I just want a pretty girl like Z."

This quote destroyed all my past judgments about Marines. For the longest time I was convinced that they go out trying to find the hottest, skinniest people to have sex with.. I guess I was wrong. I mean I'm not the thinnest person in the world, but if a Marine says I'm pretty (one besides my boyfriend, I mean) then it kind of means something... After this a couple of other Marines agreed.

Guys surprise us in this aspect. We are so convinced that they are the ones who want a skinny girl. The reality is more that girls are trying to impress other girls. We figure if we are skinnier or prettier than that girl, we can get the guy.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Let me just say this: REAL men like thicker, curvier women. It's the shallow peckerheads that only look for the skinny minnies. I don't get it honestly. 100% honest truth.

REAL men? Please don't speak on behalf of all men in America. The same thing, in reverse could be said about you.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think the reluctance to believe that some men are into "thicker" women stems from not being satisfied with yourself. If you were at a size where YOU thought you were attractive (even if it's a size 10 or 12 or 14 rather than a 4 or a 6), you'd have no trouble believing that a man found you attractive at that size.

I used to think this was a load of garbage, but I really do think men are attracted to confident women. If you feel good about the way you look, that will come across, and men will notice you, even if you're not a lingerie model. I think that's really what it's about with guys ... yes, you have to get their attention, but once you have it, they care less about what you look like and more about whether or not you're someone they enjoy being around.

There is a saying that no matter how hot a woman is, somewhere there is a man who is tired of putting up with her crap.
  • sockmontey
    sockmontey Posts: 19
    Options
    Curves 1, Stick figure 0.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Agreed but you can have curves as a size 3. Boobs and hip to waist gives curves, regardless of weight or size.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Agreed but you can have curves as a size 3. Boobs and hip to waist gives curves, regardless of weight or size.

Perfect! You stated the words I was looking for.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Not to be rude but those guys need to relize that Victorias Secret doesnt make a bra bigger than a c cup. LOL

Psstttt....hey guys, a little clarification is needed......I wear Victoria's Secret bras, have for years....I'm a 36DD. LOL:happy:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    DELETE. SOMETIMES PEOPLE JUST CAN NOT HANDLE THE TRUTH
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    People like what they like, and EVERYONE is shallow to some degree. It's human nature to be drawn to physically attractive people, and nobody should feel like they have to apologize for that.

What I find repulsive are people (men AND women) who categorically refuse to date certain people they don't know anything about, like "Oh, she's a size 10? I can't date her." Or "He's not at least 6 feet tall, so I can't go out with him." That's not just shallow, it's stupid.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know if this is also something that can run down ethnic lines as well because I know brotha's like bigger women as a general preference. Its heard in music, slang and just the way they talk about women in everyday conversation. "Oh that girl is THICK!" I've seen this with latin men and women too.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Bump* I gotta come back and read all 15 pages of this at some point.....

i couldn't tell you a size 6 from a size 14, but to me, if she is height / weight proportionate and curvy..... then thats what I find attractive... personally. Can I tell you what "weight" that is? NO.... have no clue.... in all honesty I have never been one to say "I only like skinny women, or heavier women.... I have dated both and still find both ranges attractive. personality does come into it at some point, because she could look like a supermodel, but if she's a royal b*tch, then who wants to be around that! A little "heavier" woman with a great personality would win out over the b*tch in my opinion....
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    my family is italian and my mom is actually quite small (a size 0 to be exact). my sister is also a 0. i married an african american man and one night i was crying to him about feeling fat. he took my hands, looked deeply into my eyes and said, "Babe, you're not fat. You're just not black!" of course i cracked a smile and giggled, but ethnicity has a lot to do with how men like their women!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    big ol boobies! :P politely curves
    Heeellllzzzzzzzz Yea!!!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    Guys like curves...

I thought guys liked boobs...
    Boobs have curves :devil:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the pages of responses but my answer to this questions is that is all matters where you carry your weight
    I think you can be super hot if you have nice curves *kitten* and boobs no matter what size
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You should be comparing the same person just one a size 14 and one. Size 6 and ask whick they like better. Maybe the 14 is prettier in the face or hair ? Hmmmm just a thought

TRUE I look at B & A's all of the time and when I see someone who has reached 125 and I say "I can't wait to look like her" my husband always says she looked better in one of the before or during pics.