Yes, Yoga pants = indecent exposure?

Options

Replies

• lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Any thing we wear can be considered offensive to some. It is all in the eye of the beholder.

Visual attraction as well as repulsion are omnidirectional. You really have no control over who is attracted or repulsed.

It really all comes down to who is the audience and what is the intent of the wearer. Every situation will be different.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    sschwark wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    Sure, let's all be politically correct, disingenuous robots. Everyone on earth looks great in super-tight / super skimpy clothing, and no one ever, ever dares to think "that looks really bad on you, you should dress more appropriately" as they smile politely while walking by.

I figure it's none of my business what other people wear and if they're comfortable with who they are and what they're wearing, good for them.
    Beauty standards can suck it.

What's wrong with people following certain basic rules? Isn't that the basis for civilization?

It is. And the certain basic rule in this case is "wear clothes" not "wear the right clothes". That's where the personaly freedom comes in.
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    CaitlinW19 wrote: »
    Sure, let's all be politically correct, disingenuous robots. Everyone on earth looks great in super-tight / super skimpy clothing, and no one ever, ever dares to think "that looks really bad on you, you should dress more appropriately" as they smile politely while walking by.

I figure it's none of my business what other people wear and if they're comfortable with who they are and what they're wearing, good for them.

What's wrong with people following certain basic rules? Isn't that the basis for civilization?

It is. And the certain basic rule in this case is "wear clothes" not "wear the right clothes". That's where the personaly freedom comes in.

All of this!
  • BigBadWolf__
    BigBadWolf__ Posts: 158 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    CaitlinW19 wrote: »

Why is "wearing clothes" important? I mean... if the purpose of the rule is to ensure that we do not see more than is considered "decent" (i.e. no genitalia), then isn't overly tight clothing simply ensuring that we follow the spirit (and not just the letter) of the law?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    It is worth saying tight clothes at a varying degree of sizes is something only women can get away with. I'm curious what the reaction would be by women to me wearing skin tight clothings at 5'11" 230lbs. I'm guessing not the "you go girl" we're seeing here.

Body suit man!!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    It is worth saying tight clothes at a varying degree of sizes is something only women can get away with. I'm curious what the reaction would be by women to me wearing skin tight clothings at 5'11" 230lbs. I'm guessing not the "you go girl" we're seeing here.

I'll say again, you can wear (male or female or transgender or unicorn) whatever that heck you like. It bothers me none. Am I saying everyone's rockin' it and mmmm, I gotta get me some of that? No. Two different things we're talking about here. Just like I don't think you should police yoga pants, I don't think you should police who wears speedos at the beach.
  • BigBadWolf__
    Options

I'll say again, you can wear (male or female or transgender or unicorn) whatever that heck you like. It bothers me none. Am I saying everyone's rockin' it and mmmm, I gotta get me some of that? No. Two different things we're talking about here. Just like I don't think you should police yoga pants, I don't think you should police who wears speedos at the beach.

Speedos are the nazis of beachwear.
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    lt3ag4s wrote: »
    Any thing we wear can be considered offensive to some. It is all in the eye of the beholder.

Visual attraction as well as repulsion are omnidirectional. You really have no control over who is attracted or repulsed.

It really all comes down to who is the audience and what is the intent of the wearer. Every situation will be different.

I totally agree with this..... It can go both ways - its a matter of personal taste of both the person wearing the yoga pants, and the people viewing that person in the yoga pants
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh well. I guess I have to look at it this way; How many people actually live in Montana?
  • kmayers143
    kmayers143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As long as I can still buy Pajama Jeans I'm fine with it.
    LMFAO!!
    I don't care what anyone thinks, they are the next best thing to being pantsless. And I hate pants.
    PcFeBly.gif

Yes yes yes.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    lol dafuq. no.

Next law that will be passed: CUT OFF ALL DANGLY BITS ON HUMANS.

Oh, the horror... We'll become the flat, elongated aliens with the big bobble heads that we see in Hollywood movies. -gag-
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »
    Maybe their legislature should look at the max sentencing for indecent exposure. Three strikes and life! Hope this guy won't be a judge.

I like the horror over nipples. Only female ones, though. Because male nipples are wholesome.
    What. An. Idiot.

My nipples fire laser beams at terrorists. Why do you hate freedom and justice?

Mine shoot taser darts! My nickname is Tit Wrangler. But I have to keep them concealed. Boo.
  • BigBadWolf__
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    ar9179 wrote: »
    Maybe their legislature should look at the max sentencing for indecent exposure. Three strikes and life! Hope this guy won't be a judge.

I like the horror over nipples. Only female ones, though. Because male nipples are wholesome.
    What. An. Idiot.

My nipples fire laser beams at terrorists. Why do you hate freedom and justice?

Mine shoot taser darts! My nickname is Tit Wrangler. But I have to keep them concealed. Boo.

I couldn't get a conceal license for mine.
  • BigBadWolf__
    Options
    You know what they should ban?

Multicolored fonts on this forum. Quoting it is like looking at the back end of the matrix
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    jamezln wrote: »
    Oh well. I guess I have to look at it this way; How many people actually live in Montana?

LOL /thread
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad I'm not the biggest a-hole in the thread like I usually am. Thanks fellas.

Surprised?
  • BigBadWolf__
    Options
    You women need to stop buying into Big Yoga's BS about self-acceptance and body standards.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

Knock yourself out.