Options
12345679»

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jhitt1975 wrote: »
    So you make assertions not supported by science (the entire "thanks GMO crops and HFCS!" drivel) ... claim that 99.9% of the population is insulin resistant .... then continue further off the rails with non sequiturs ... there is no reason for anyone to apologize to you based on your inane posts.

I could link you to the number studies showing escalting cancer above livestock fed GMO, or the rise obesity related to the introduction of HCFS, or a dozen other topics that you would ignore because you know better than clinic science. Because cavemen ate poptarts, snackwells, and corn flakes right? Not a diet high in fresh fatty meats...

All you have is hyperbole and misunderstandings of simple concepts. Perhaps you should read more than the headlines of studies.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    jhitt1975 wrote: »
    No No and No!! That has to be one of the worst bit of misinformation I have read here!! :angry:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/high-fructose-corn-syrup-dangers_b_861913.html

Mark Hyman can't even get autism science right. Why should I trust him about corn syrup?

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/09/08/dr-mark-hyman-mangles-autism-science-on/

Also he believes in detoxing (not the medical kind, the alt-med variety) so he's not exactly a reputable source.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I only have this to add since this thread is in the can.

I can't stand all you perfect people who can eat crap all day and still stay fit.

Genetics, luck, and steroids.

who is that????
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I can't stand all you perfect people who can eat crap all day and still stay fit.

who is that????

Shhhhh you're just a . . .

oh wait. You're who he was talking about. Carry on. :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

who is that????

Shhhhh you're just a . . .

oh wait. You're who he was talking about. Carry on. :flowerforyou:

lol
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Where the hell is Jo and her Walnut-cracking quads? I am dissapoint.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Kit Kat Chunky with PEANUT BUTTER! ^_^
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Since I don't like the texture of pears I would probably chose the Kit Kat although there are other fruits I would pick first. I agree with one of the earlier posters, sugar in and of itself is not "bad" I'll take sugar, honey, etc over artificial sweeteners any day. But, that said, like anything else it needs to be eaten in moderation.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I didn't know Reese's Whipps was discontinued. I got a Reese's Fast Break instead.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Ummm . . . how about pear, flambe'd, and then melt the kit kat chocoalte covering on top through the flambe, and finally using the wafers to scoop up the now warm, chocolatey-draped pear? I would be on board with that approach.

As far as Jo and her awesomeness - impressive indeed, but I think she may have dissed Almond Joys in this very thread and that sort of thing Can. Not. Stand.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Kit Kat.

Kit Kat dipped in coffee.

Kit kat and pear together doesn't sound do bad
  • Yogafit28
    Yogafit28 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    So it's not pears that ward off cancer but rather anything with dietary fiber? So oatmeal would work just as fine (Which is great, cause I do love me some red velvet proats with a cream cheese swirl in the AM)

Which is not at all what you said before, but okie dokie.

Pears also contain anti-oxidants that ward off cancer...that you won't find in oatmeal. If you need confirmation ask your doctor or a nutritionist about anti-oxidants and they can explain it to you...
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Yogafit28 wrote: »
    So it's not pears that ward off cancer but rather anything with dietary fiber? So oatmeal would work just as fine (Which is great, cause I do love me some red velvet proats with a cream cheese swirl in the AM)

Pears also contain anti-oxidants that ward off cancer...that you won't find in oatmeal. If you need confirmation ask your doctor or a nutritionist about anti-oxidants and they can explain it to you...

But kitkats contain chocolate.

Swings and roundabouts.
  • Yogafit28
    Yogafit28 Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Yogafit28 wrote: »

But kitkats contain chocolate.

Swings and roundabouts.

Lol true just try to get some dark chocolate kit kats; milk chocolate is useless for antioxidants! Totally not going against the kit kat I'm just saying that theres more than one cancer fighting property in pears than just fiber :) IMO eat them both