Options

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM - PM your bank account info and routing number and I will get that refund over to you ASAP…..

You Nigerian now brah?

somalian actually ….

Haha now I'm picturing thisqqenc40om1sc.jpg

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ^ bahahahahahahahaha
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    This has been an eye opener for me.

Some of you may like to believe that I've kept this going for fun, but I can't honestly say I'm all that happy about the way this has all played out. What saddens me more than my own situation is that I feel like the way I've "acted" in this thread is not how most people who know me IRL would say I am. I know there have been plenty of people who have commented in this thread who have a lot more experience with life in general who have given me words of advice (and I don't just mean with bulking).

As I stated back on page 16 (January 24), I didn't start this thread to directly ask how to bulk. Rather, I was frustrated with a discussion about food that was going on in another thread and was then suggested to create my own thread.

The desire to test out my 1 rep max on a real bench press, combined with the convenience of some other plans, led to me finally getting around to doing what was suggested to me for a huge portion of this thread. I brought back the thread to report on what I found out, but I certainly did not expect things to explode this much.

I will go ahead and repost what I said back on January 24, as it applies again now in the context of how to train and eat.

"I think it is time for me to be quiet now in this thread given that I'm still contemplating my short and long term goals. I realize I can't really ask for more advice since I'm not even sure what I really want at this point, and the message of how to bulk is pretty clear to me at this point. I know the essence of what needs to be done to bulk, and it's just a matter of me figuring out what I really want to do at this point.
    So, I will not complain anymore about my size or strength."
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has intended to upset you. I, for one, find you very refreshing - in that, when you ask for advice, you don't take offence and shout 'mean people' when the advice is harsh but accurate.

I think most people on here just want you to stop procrastinating and do it now! We all know how good it feels to be strong and healthy and want that for you too.

Getting a job would be a means to an end in helping you to fund your fitness and nutrition but it'd probably help you feel a lot better about yourself too. But getting stuck into training right away would make you feel (corny but true) awesome - that's why I suggested some bodyweight routines in the meantime. Check out Waldo's site, strengthunbound.com

Anyway, it was good hearing from you, I hope you can get round to putting some of the advice into action.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    After reading your thread I have come to one of two conclusions:

1. You are a troll.
    2. You don't actually want help, you want people to tell you that it's not your fault you fail.

Either way I have decided to direct my effort to others who actually want help. I highly encourage others to do the same. Not only in this thread, but in other threads that he jumps into and turns into threads about himself.

^^this^^ I strongly want people to ignore this young man going forward. JOB--on campus--moving crew(furniture, equipment) state workers pick you up AND drop you off in between classes. Get a workout AND paid. People look for solutions or excuses. Your time is up on here.

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    And this thing's still going.

When it (inevitably) rolls, will it disappear off my notification list for ever?

Please, God. Make. It. Stop.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »

When it (inevitably) rolls, will it disappear off my notification list for ever?

No such luck; threads don't roll, they live forever...
  • jimmmer
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Please tell me you're joking?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Please tell me you're joking?

Nope. It happened with the forum "upgrade". That's why some threads have 6.5k responses next to their title.
  • jimmmer
    Options
    So now I have to hope an over-eager mod deletes the lot?

My day just started sucking a bit more...
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You don't have some miracle metabolism.
    You just don't eat enough.

Same as every other "hardgainer".

Additionally, having abs when you weigh 120lbs and are 5'8 is not an accomplishment...it's malnourishment.

Anyone can be "skinny".

There is a difference between being "skinny" and being FIT.
    Abs are pointless if you have no muscle mass.

You don't look healthy.

What this guy said.
  • ndj1979
    Options

you can "unfollow it" by getting rid of the yellow star thingy ...
  • jimmmer
    Options

Yeah, it's not starred for me.

I've got it set to give me notifications for any thread I've posted in, but the volume of them from this one buries the notifications from others (where I might genuinely want to post again.)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I've got it set to give me notifications for any thread I've posted in, but the volume of them from this one buries the notifications from others (where I might genuinely want to post again.)

And this is the most glaring deficiency in MFP's current notification system. It's either all or some...and that "some" has to be identified for each and every thread requiring you to be psychic to determine if it's a thread you'll want to follow eventually.

Nested notifications such that a few dozen new posts on a thread in which you posted only take up one line is the obvious solution. The timeline for implementing this seemingly simple solution that many other forums have had for about a decade, however, is still undetermined.
  • ndj1979
    Options

how do you do that? I think I missed that setting...
  • jimmmer
    Options

how do you do that? I think I missed that setting...

Go to notification preferences and tick

"Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

I set this so that I wouldn't have to favourite everything. Now I'm wondering if I should have left this off and just favourited stuff, instead...

Guess I've tried it this way round and it's not working for me. I'll try just starring stuff, it's not like I'm a prolific poster anyway...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM - PM your bank account info and routing number and I will get that refund over to you ASAP…..

You Nigerian now brah?

somalian actually ….

Haha now I'm picturing thisqqenc40om1sc.jpg

HAven't read any of this thread, but ALAAAAN.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Yep still going. . . .so this thing gives you a notification EVERY time a new post hits. . . .hehehe. . . .options. . . .un--check the option and star the ones you want to follow. . .problem solved? Another option. . .have someone bomb the thread with personal attacks and a poop load of swearing. . . . more attacks, cat gifs, mention Gale Hawkins or Steven Hawkings and/or paleo sucks and you may get it shutdown