Yes, Yoga pants = indecent exposure?

Options
12346»

Replies

• MountainMaggie
    MountainMaggie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I hate to say this, but I'm ready for yoga pants to go away, they are starting to become a net negative to society. For every woman that I see wearing a pair with the body for it, there are 2-3 that should probably be wearing something looser that leaves more to the imagination. Just because they make them in your size doesn't mean that you should wear them.

No one cares what men wear to the grocery store. No one.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    CaitlinW19 wrote: »
    CaitlinW19 wrote: »
    It's not about being politically correct or not. It's about not telling other people what to do. You can tell someone they look like crap in yoga pants. You might get punched in the face but it's your right to say it as much as it's their right to wear them.
    There shouldn't be a law prohibiting it. It's their right to wear clothing that they look bad in. It is everybody else's right to judge them for it. I see people everyday wearing things that look horrible on them. I never say anything because they didn't ask my opinion and that would be rude. However, I do judge them. I can't help it.

Everybody judges at least in part on appearance, and how people choose to dress is a big part of appearance. That being said, I support everybody's right to dress as badly as they like and look as ridiculous as they choose to. It's a free country.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Stupidity is no stranger to ANY political party-- I mean, just look who's living in the White House! However, to stay on topic, I will say that I prefer "yogurt pants" (you can eat any flavor while wearing them).
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    TheMOC wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    Sure, let's all be politically correct, disingenuous robots. Everyone on earth looks great in super-tight / super skimpy clothing, and no one ever, ever dares to think "that looks really bad on you, you should dress more appropriately" as they smile politely while walking by.
    It's not about PC. It's about the fact that it's none of your business and the person wearing them doesn't give two craps what you think.

I'm sharing my opinion on a message board, that is the extent of my involvement in what strangers wear. I don't support this law, people are free to humiliate themselves in any manner that they wish. People can wear pants that sag down to their knees, men can wear appalling skinny jeans, and big people can wear spandex, go for it, but I can certainly exercise my freedom of expression as well by stating that those looks are really awful. God Bless America.
  • mudmonkeyonwheels
    mudmonkeyonwheels Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My opinion- Yoga pants are ok IF people do a careful butt check before leaving the house. I do not need to see what colour and style underpants you are wearing!
  • Shelleyit52
    Shelleyit52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't believe that this idiot legislator from my state is indicative of the rest of us! That proposed legislation was never even voted on, and he was laughed at on the house floor! ;)
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was kicked out of my college gym for wearing athletic leggings... my college has a super strict dress code (dresses must be to the knees, no cleavage, etc) that I fight pretty much every day (are male students gonna go nuts over my bare kneecaps?). They're pants. Let people wear what they want and what they feel comfortable working out in.

How does what someone else wears affect you? I've worn shorts to work out in and been told by some girl that "seeing your thighs jiggle is just too gross", the day after being told "you look so cute in those shorts, I wish I had your confidence". Focus on yourself and not as much on someone's butt, thighs, crotch or anything else--especially at the gym, because why are you there? To critique someone's fashion choice/body or to work on your own body?
  • _JustDG_
    _JustDG_ Posts: 1,584
    Options
    Wearing underwear under yoga pants should be the crime here.
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Options
    They make me look great and feel great.

If they do either of the above for you, then rock 'em. :)

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I was kicked out of my college gym for wearing athletic leggings... my college has a super strict dress code (dresses must be to the knees, no cleavage, etc) that I fight pretty much every day (are male students gonna go nuts over my bare kneecaps?). They're pants. Let people wear what they want and what they feel comfortable working out in.

How does what someone else wears affect you? I've worn shorts to work out in and been told by some girl that "seeing your thighs jiggle is just too gross", the day after being told "you look so cute in those shorts, I wish I had your confidence". Focus on yourself and not as much on someone's butt, thighs, crotch or anything else--especially at the gym, because why are you there? To critique someone's fashion choice/body or to work on your own body?

I woulda told her:

-Sweetheart, I don't play for the same team, but thanks for ogling my goodies. Look elsewhere.-

What a hobag .-.
  • sweetkimrn
    sweetkimrn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like to wear them. I don't really see a problem with them.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If you're 400 lbs and want to wear yoga pants, I say go on and flaunt it! I'm always weary of laws that take away freedom, next time it might be a freedom I enjoy.

I'm with you. I don't care for yoga pants myself but I care far less for the government legislating my behavior as long as I don't infringe on the property or rights of others.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    _JustDG_ wrote: »
    sdwm0pqdhcf9.jpg

I <3 yoga pants.

I love you in yoga pants ;)
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options

No one cares what men wear to the grocery store. No one. [/quote]

Oh I CARE. Track pants NO to every man- at the grocery store...and everywhere!
    - https://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/77da67a9c19e854a1b88705a96f4f50b866aa29f71bde48726251fcdd87da1bd_large
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hate those yoga pants,biggest c**ktease ever!
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    _JustDG_ wrote: »
    sdwm0pqdhcf9.jpg

I <3 yoga pants.

<3