Online Dating

Options

Replies

• Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    kendall916 wrote: »
    I know this is going to sound immature (this is just a thought) but why not try online dating in MFP? There's a lot of good looking people and most of the people on here are very understanding and patient. :\

I think some people do, but like carlson said most of my MFP friends don't even live close to me. A lot are married or taken already as well. A lot of women on here are also here strictly for fitness and might take offense to a little flirting :smile:
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I know this is going to sound immature (this is just a thought) but why not try online dating in MFP? There's a lot of good looking people and most of the people on here are very understanding and patient. :\

I think some people do, but like carlson said most of my MFP friends don't even live close to me. A lot are married or taken already as well. A lot of women on here are also here strictly for fitness and might take offense to a little flirting :smile:

Never hurts to try. Why not form a group if there isn't one already? Even if you meet someone who lives far away, you never know where things may lead.
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    I was actually thinking about setting up a get together with the DFW folks on my friends list. I have quite a few. Always nice to put faces to names
  • stephaniels0416
    stephaniels0416 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh and I've tried POF and okcupid. They're ok dating sites but you really need a critical eye to weed out those who are not a match for you. And you have to also be very patient if you're waiting for a response back if you're interested in a person.

Some people need to learn this.

I talked to a guy a couple of days ago that I wasn't interested in, but he actually put some thought into his first message, so I answered him. Last night he sent me a message asking how my weekend was going which I saw and responded to this morning. He answered with his email address talking about keeping in touch while he's out of town for work and meeting up when he gets back. Over the course of the next hour he sent the following series of messages: "Did I say something to offend you? If so, I'm sorry", "Please respond with something", "I guess I've been blocked, I didn't expect it to end so abruptly", and finally, "Nothing???" I wasn't even signed into the site.
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    Lol he is probably a bit like me. Read this to understand hahah

http://www.puckermob.com/lifestyle/14-things-only-overthinkers-will-understand#close
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    zaxx1953 wrote: »
    Are people over like 25 actually on Tinder?

I thought it was a bunch of college kids trying to hook up basically/.

You'd be surprised!! Actually..I am! LoL! The most decent guys Ive ever met/talked to were from Tinder. (Im 38 btw)

I have sworn off POF for LIFE! Its like the backwash of the online dating scene. I can't even...get into it.. Too many horror stories, the last guy pretty much turned me off POF forever.

I have a lot of crazy stories, but the one that comes to mind is from several years ago, cant even remember what site I met him on... His profile said he was 5'10" and he was 35. In person...he was no more than 5' (guessing...he was about my daughters height and she was in the 4th grade at the time) and must have been at least 50. Im 5'10" btw, I was about 30 at the time, and I was wearing heels. To say I was not amused is an understatement.
  • stephaniels0416
    stephaniels0416 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lol he is probably a bit like me. Read this to understand hahah

http://www.puckermob.com/lifestyle/14-things-only-overthinkers-will-understand#close

My grandma was an over thinker - everyone was always dead in a ditch somewhere because they weren't five minutes early. I have it to a degree in certain circumstances. Thankfully, it's not an all encompassing thing, I'd drive myself crazy, lol.
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    Yes, I just tell myself to calm down and let it go, sometimes easier said than done though hah
  • I_see_skinny_Me15
    I_see_skinny_Me15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This one time... when I was newly single...I signed up for Plenty Of Fish. I met a guy online, we talked often, hit it off via text and phone, so we decided to meet for dinner. I should have known then that something was off...I paid for dinner and the tip AND we ended up going to a movie, which I also paid for. I stayed in town overnight but not with him, and he asked me to meet him for lunch the next day. We went to Wendy's and ate dollar menu items, which was fine, I am not a gold digger.... THEN while eating at a picnic table, he smiles sweetly and says he has a question for me..."do you like oral, because I am really hungry and Wendy didn't fill me up".

REALLY?
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    This one time... when I was newly single...I signed up for Plenty Of Fish. I met a guy online, we talked often, hit it off via text and phone, so we decided to meet for dinner. I should have known then that something was off...I paid for dinner and the tip AND we ended up going to a movie, which I also paid for. I stayed in town overnight but not with him, and he asked me to meet him for lunch the next day. We went to Wendy's and ate dollar menu items, which was fine, I am not a gold digger.... THEN while eating at a picnic table, he smiles sweetly and says he has a question for me..."do you like oral, because I am really hungry and Wendy didn't fill me up".

REALLY?

What a pig. Lol
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

REALLY?

Wow sorry to hear that hun. I had one where the guy was sales pitching me to be a salesperson for Amway. I quickly ended that one.
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    Ok i'm not gonna lie. That line at the end made me LOL really hard
  • I_see_skinny_Me15
    I_see_skinny_Me15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This other time, when I tried POF again.... I thought I had learned to be more thorough with the screening process... I met a guy for coffee after texting and talking for over a month. I researched his story of divorce on case net to verify he was actually divorced.... (lesson learned the hard way on another date). In a 30 minute meet up he proceeded to disrespect the hospital I work at, the President, VP, and CEO of the hospital, and the nursing staff. I love where I work, so I was offended. I think he realized this, so we changed subjects and I learned we had mutual friends in common. He THEN started saying terrible things about my coworker's husband, as apparently they are business rivals. I sat through 30 minutes of his negativity and self deprecating behavior then excused myself when my daughter called. (Yes, prearranged bail out call...as I said, I learned a few things). I am in my car when he texts that he thought our first date went wonderful and he looked forward to the next one.... I simply texted no thank you, I have developed an allergy to negative people. His next words shan't be repeated....
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    after two dates, one guy told me that I needed to "put out" for our next date or he was gone. I said, "see ya"....UGH!
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    after two dates, one guy told me that I needed to "put out" for our next date or he was gone. I said, "see ya"....UGH!

Classy! What a troll.

• Markdjones83
    Options
    There is this girl that keep showing up in my matches on one of the sites and i swear to god she looks like Christian Bale as a woman and she is strangely attractive. WTF???
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I use online dating when I'm traveling across the states. Speaking of which, going to Texas in a few months, gotta start planning
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I use online dating when I'm traveling across the states. Speaking of which, going to Texas in a few months, gotta start planning

Hey, you stay away from my women!

i-m-watching-you-o.gif
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    After watching "Her" last night I came to the really depressing realization that a relationship with an OS is likely my best prospect at this point.

I logged into an old OKC account today to gauge whether I was just being melodramatically pessimistic. Nope. It's rough out there, folks.