Online Dating

Options

Replies

• I_see_skinny_Me15
    I_see_skinny_Me15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    And.... yet another date on POF, this one led me to CLOSE my POF account afterwards....

Ran across a profile as I was preparing to delete my account, and it struck a chord with me as he talked about how he really wanted a woman in his life that could travel with him. He was a high ranking well paid businessman who had to travel for work and he wanted a companion for the drives to and from various locales. He was a fan of the outdoors and exploring area landmarks and Hiking trails. He hated flying, so he drove to various locations throughout the midwest. Oh and his ideal lady would be self sufficient, educated, able to support herself, and independent yet looking for a long term commitment. His profile met my filter requirements of divorced, over 6 foot tall (to accommodate for the 2 inch height slight) college educated, non smoker, with no children at home, and looking for a relationship. I responded that he really needed a puppy, because he was essentially asking for a lap dog companion who was willing to give up everything in life just to be his travel companion but reap no benefits. Apparently my snarkiness appealed to him. We hit it off beautifully.

We talked into the night for weeks on end, emailed, shared pictures, went on entertaining dates when he was in town, and planned a wonderful romantic weekend in Missouri wine country. "Two rooms though, just so no pressure...." this was for two wonderful months..... until the romantic wine weekend in Hermann and two bottles of wine later, he referred to his ex as his WIFE.... yep, guys and gals....HE WAS MARRIED.

Lesson... even if their divorce story sounds completely convincing and legit, check casenet.

I was crushed. And thankful we had separate rooms.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    And.... yet another date on POF, this one led me to CLOSE my POF account afterwards....

yep, guys and gals....HE WAS MARRIED.

To call him a pig would be insulting to pigs. Is it any wonder some of us have trust issues? Jeez.

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I use online dating when I'm traveling across the states. Speaking of which, going to Texas in a few months, gotta start planning

Hey, you stay away from my women!

i-m-watching-you-o.gif

Not looking for the married folks!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    on POF I get an abnormal amount of messages from men wanting me to dominate them and do whatever gross fetish they may have

also a lot of couples that want me to join a 3 way because i am bisexual

also dudes become obsessed with me very fast its creepy as *kitten* i think im going to ask my mom to go with me on my next "meet up" tester with someone just so *kitten* doesnt get cray

she can like sit at the table next to me or something ...lol i dont give a fvck if thats weird people are creepy
  • frendy21
    frendy21 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    jorodri7 wrote: »
    I believe in God and she made me believe she did also then after the date. We were I guess kissing or so and then she told me she actually worshiped satan. It was quite awkward afterwards.

Lmaoo damn
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I went to coffee with a guy who didn't buy me coffee. He kept telling me how smart and talented he was. Brought an ipad and played some awful music he wrote and showed me pathetic pictures he had created. And he kept touching himself on his upper back. Could not keep his hands out of his shirt. And his picture must have been taken in 1985.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I agree online dating sucks big time!!!!!
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The one that turned up with holes in his shoes, started playing with his phone, showed me a picture of his kids (WHAT KIDS ???) and informed me that he still lived with his exwife (WHAT WIFE) but nothing sexual was going on. Total time of date from start to end was 15 minutes.
  • frendy21
    frendy21 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    acquilla30 wrote: »
    Lol I have had quite a few. I have met guys with weird fetishes, including dating a black girl as a fetish. one guy wanted to play slave/master in reversal roles; he was the slave I was the master. One guy took me to McDonald's on a date for ice cream and than got angry when I wouldn't go home with him.

Wow mcdonalds for ice cream! I though that was only in movies
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This guy messaged me on OKCupid and even though we had like...20% compatibility I talked to him. I even agreed to go on a date with him because, why not? I'm pretty laid back. So we're talking and he's just...kinda over-excited and creepy. He even creeps on me on facebook and sees where I go to school and says he's coming to my university to try and spot me (it's a small school). I literally see him near my dorm and I down to tell him to get the hell out and he talks about how he knew he felt "something special" about me already and how he thinks he might marry me some day. EWWW. I blocked him on every site I could think of and then like two weeks later I met the guy I would marry...also on OKCupid. Don't give up people! ^_^
  • myfatass78
    Options
    The guy that wanted me to pee on him . . . . (I didn't)
  • DavesGoal185
    DavesGoal185 Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    kendall916 wrote: »
    I know this is going to sound immature (this is just a thought) but why not try online dating in MFP? There's a lot of good looking people and most of the people on here are very understanding and patient. :\
    I can garantee you will find the same results here as any other dating site. And do you really want to turn this into that? I think if two people on here form a good relationship, they have the opportunity to take it to the next level without the site going there.

I am trying online dating right now, and it is like anything else in life- a mixed bag. You have to be smart and stick to your priorities. On a personal note, with all the crappy guys you women run into with online dating, its no wonder I am seeing very apprehensive results.

Oh and ladies, if you are doing online dating, please have recent pics. I am 51 and I see women my age posting pics that were taken 20 years ago. Just lets be honest about ourselves and it shouldnt be that bad.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm seeing the Pof trend. Bout ready to dump the POF one I have now cuz he wants to marry me asap.

Hm... Something definitely 'fishy' with POF
  • myfatass78
    Options
    Sorry what is POF ?
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Plenty of Fish. more of a spicier version of Match or Eharmony
  • DavesGoal185
    Options
    Just had another thought about this topic...the guys who judge you by your weight and or looks yet they have no room to judge or speak.
    Haha...women do the very same thing.
  • DavesGoal185
    Options
    sadori02 wrote: »
    I was dating a guy I met online for 9 months. Suddenly he reveals that his parents hooked him up with a girl form his country and he's been skyping her for a year. AND he HAS to marry her because his mom says so. :'(
    Ah! playing the old I "I come from a diferent culture, and you just don't get it" card.
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Just had another thought about this topic...the guys who judge you by your weight and or looks yet they have no room to judge or speak.
    Haha...women do the very same thing.

Agree on this one big time!!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Met my husband on OkCupid.

They're not all bad.
  • DavesGoal185
    Options
    mrsKOrtiz wrote: »
    ^^ You look good. Just sayin! LOL
    How do you know that is his real pic? just sayin!