Dropping pounds with inspiring pals [CLOSED GROUP]

Options

Replies

• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    White Chocolate Strawberry PB&J

This is my favorite lunch. I eat one every day. Its sinful :devil: I know or at least it tastes that way but...its not bad for you. It's all natural. The peanut butter is pure heaven and only 170 calories for 2 tbsp.

Peanut Butter and Co. - White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter, 2 Tbsp
    Smucker's - Simply Fruit -- Strawberry, 1 tbsp
    Sara Lee - 45 Calories and Delightful Multi-Grain Bread, 2 slices

Altogether it is only 310 calories and very filling. If you don't want use the jelly you could just use fresh strawberries. :bigsmile:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I love the Smucker's Simply Fruit... it's awesome and tastes great! Now if only I was a fan of pb. lol
  • chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think one of my favorite snacks aside from skinny cow is strawberries and chocolate pudding. I get fat free pudding and some nice fresh strawberries and dip them... they are so good and just about 100 calories
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    I love the Smucker's Simply Fruit... it's awesome and tastes great! Now if only I was a fan of pb. lol

I used to hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches like the plague. I hadn't eaten peanut butter in like ten years until my boyfriend bought me this stuff and forced me to try it. It says its peanut butter but it is so dang delicious I just wouldn't know it if you didn't tell me. I don't know if my tastes have changed over time or if it is really just that good. But I would say if you were going to eat some peanut butter to eat this stuff. It will amaze you. I also really like almond butter, which is not like peanut butter in terms of flavor at all. It has a different flavor but I suppose the texture is the same. What about PB do you not like? I am just curious.
  • chrystal559
    Options
    Update on my mom:
    She is doing better, her kidneys started to work last night, her blood pressure is stable. She is out of the ICU, but on the Telementry floor to monitor her heart. I am starting to relax and feel a little better. Might be at the hospital with her tonight. Have to wait and see.
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    I think one of my favorite snacks aside from skinny cow is strawberries and chocolate pudding. I get fat free pudding and some nice fresh strawberries and dip them... they are so good and just about 100 calories

Sounds yummy I am going to have to try that. There is nothing like fresh fruit!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Update on my mom:
    She is doing better, her kidneys started to work last night, her blood pressure is stable. She is out of the ICU, but on the Telementry floor to monitor her heart. I am starting to relax and feel a little better. Might be at the hospital with her tonight. Have to wait and see.

So glad to hear your mom is doing better. I am still praying for you both!
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Its been so busy at work the last few days that Ive had no time to log onto myfitnesspal to look busy. HA! As the heat of the day cranks up (89 right now), my outdoor bootcamp is less and less fun. Trying to pep talk myself that its not so bad but Im the biggest at camp and would DIE of embarassment if I pass out or something. My arms seem to be getting fatter. What are some of you ladies doing as far as arm work goes? Just registered for the LSATs and I am wondering how the stress is going to impact my already not successful weight loss. Any good motivation books/dvds you can recommend? Staying positive is going to be my key in not having a meltdown between now and Oct 1st. Stay beautiful, ladies!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options

I used to hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches like the plague. I hadn't eaten peanut butter in like ten years until my boyfriend bought me this stuff and forced me to try it. It says its peanut butter but it is so dang delicious I just wouldn't know it if you didn't tell me. I don't know if my tastes have changed over time or if it is really just that good. But I would say if you were going to eat some peanut butter to eat this stuff. It will amaze you. I also really like almond butter, which is not like peanut butter in terms of flavor at all. It has a different flavor but I suppose the texture is the same. What about PB do you not like? I am just curious.

It's the taste... I can't stand anything nutty tasting, makes me gag. It really is a bummer because some nuts are so healthy for you! Does almond butter taste like almonds?

Has anyone tried the new Skinny Cow candy? They have a chocolate candy bar & a peanut butter bar... and this one called 'dreamy clusters'. I tried the chocolate and didn't like it (tasted too nutty) but then I tried the dreamy clusters and OMG it is amazing! It's small, but hey.. for 110 calories and that amazing taste its way better than eating a regular candy bar! Try it, you'll fall in love!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Update on my mom:

Glad to read that Crystal!!!
  • chrystal559
    Options
    [/quote]

Glad to read that Crystal!!!
    [/quote]

Thanks
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have been so busy with my mom that I didn't get on today and then realized when I was going to finish up my stuff for today that it was recipie day. So I don't really have a recipie per say but I did make some killer chicken salad yesterday and it is only 66 cals for about 2/3 to 3/4 of a cup. I have a rotiserie chicken breast in the fridge so I cubed that up with some Celery and instead of using mayo or miricle Whip I used plain nonfat yogurt with a little red wine vinegar, some season salt and a packet of splenda and Yum Yum is it good! and again only like 66 cals. I am doing so well with my food and exercising while I am here at my moms I have already lost 4.5 lbs since Easter!!!!! I am looking forward to seeing how much weight I lose by the time I go home in a couple of weeks. Also I bought a skirt today that was really really cute and it was an 18/20 I haven't worn an 18/20 in a long time even when I got married and weighed less then this which tells me that I am major tonning up here!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I did lose two pounds last week, but I still feel like I need to push myself more. I'm feeling better now so I can workout again, woohoo.

How is the weather? Is it finally nice enough you can get out with the dogs more?
    @NeuroticVirgo - getting ready for NYC?
    I'm desperately hoping to drop a size...or more before that trip. lol We'll see, I'm going to weigh myself and compare measurements in June (after completing all of 30 day shred)

@sarahbear1981 - They make white chocolate peanut butter?? Where do you find that!

@chrystal559 - Glad to hear your mom is doing better. That's good news about her kidneys, one less thing to worry about. Keep us posted.

@naesue - That is such great news about the 4.5lbs & the drop in clothes size! If this keeps up I wonder if you'll want to leave your moms LOL.

@tesshaney - I can just imagine the boot camp! Honestly MFP is what helps keep me positive. I'm such a negative person (I'm always *****ing about something!)...but the constant encouragement and WTG attitudes on here really help pull me through. Make sure you vent out your frustrations if your getting stressed, hopefully that will deter any stress eating. :) Hope the boot camp works out even with the weather.
  • chrystal559
    Options
    Wednesday Whinning:

I cleaned my living room and got chased by spiders... I can't wait to get the house clean because I hate the house messy.

I guess I am not really winning just telling about my dirty house and scary spiders...
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    @sarahbear1981 - They make white chocolate peanut butter?? Where do you find that!

I found mine at a neighborhood walmart!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    It's the taste... I can't stand anything nutty tasting, makes me gag. It really is a bummer because some nuts are so healthy for you! Does almond butter taste like almonds?

Almond butter definitely tastes like almonds. But I can't say that the white chocolate peanut butter tastes like peanuts. It tastes more like white chocolate with a creamy sweet flavor. I mean there is a hint of peanut but not as much as regular peanut butter.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Wednesday Whinning:

I cleaned my living room and got chased by spiders... I can't wait to get the house clean because I hate the house messy.

I guess I am not really winning just telling about my dirty house and scary spiders...

That would seriously freak me out! I'm scared of spiders. Talk about nightmares. Ick

Wednesday - Only thing I have to whine about is not getting enough time to learn these songs for choir (my old high school teach is retiring and invited all alumni to come sing for the last concert). It's a 6 song, 30 minute Mozart peice... in latin, and I've only had 6 days to learn it. I wish I had more time! Luckily we have a 3 hr rehearsal tonight so that should help me a lot. I also wish I picked alto over soprano, I hadn't realized how much my voice has dropped since high school - I have such a hard time hitting the high notes! Oh well... it's too late to switch now, I just gotta suck it up and try my best!

P.S. I peeked at the scale this morning and that number is going down! Wooot! I'm excited for my friday weigh-in!
  • Laurathabomb
    Laurathabomb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ~Wednesday Whining~

I want/need attention from my husband damn it! :mad: I mean... I have lost 30 lbs...
    I want an award or something with his pepsi drinkin *kitten*! :devil:
    He drinks like 2 pepsi's a day! :huh:
    He has lost 20 lbs just by me eating healthier.:mad:

Not fair!!!!........ :explode:

Ugh.... :noway:

End Whining session :smile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @chrystal559 - LOL bad spiders. I hate a dirty house too...but for some reason mine can never stay clean.

@Learning2LoveMe - When is the concert? That's good news about the scale, can't wait to hear the results. :)

Wed Whine - ....My knees! I know I'm not alone with bad knees, but dang it, they are making me mad. They were doing "okay" these last few weeks, but started really hurting this week. And I'm fine after working out, but doing anything like squats, jumping, jogging all that is killer...like someone is taking a freakin hammer to my knee caps. I'm supposed to do C25K tonight, and hoping I make it through. I've been icing and taking ibuprofen hoping to feel up to it later.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @Laurathabomb - Get some lingerie... I bet that will get his attention! lol