Options
    0wejqprvbdnc.jpg
    Just because
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    3c5hwrfamnk8.jpg

Just because

What beautiful dogs! :)

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]75698249.png[/url]

That is Floyd when he was a pup. He is the one on the right in my profile pic. The other is rocky, my baby who will be gone 3 yrs this May 5th. I can't believe it still
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Got to page 26 so will continue reading later. Right now I need to give my kitchen attention and get ready for a movie with friends.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    Still here and last day of my MIS class! I should have more time to post after that finishes. Catch you all later.

ps. not doing so good with eating but am on track with the rest of my February goals!.

Rita from frigid, snowy CT.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Tuesday and slept fitifully.
    The house and garden is so quiet without Mildred beagle. But I know she no longer feels pain, just us two.
    The vet and I wrapped her in her sheet and we brought her home. Stan dug her grave in the garden near her favourite flowers and put her doona in the grave and wrapped her, then the soil. I can say "good morning and good night " to her as long as I want to now.

My food is only 1097 calories and NO training for a few days while I grieve. NO more doggies, none could replace her. We need to move on and travel now.

Pensions in bank and shopping today. I will put her dog food money towards car service, her present to us.

I washed all the bed linen off the double and queen beds and dried in the sun. We took all the furniture out of the spare room, vacced the carpets, washed the walls and cleaned the window, then all put back.

I visited my friend Betty up the road, her dog died 2 weeks ago from a snake bite, so sad. We talked about our beloved pets and drank coffee and cried.

Lesley in Tasmania
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Well I am not caught up, but out of time so will post and be back tomorrow.

Lesley--My heart breaks for you and Mildred. I know how hard it was when we had to say Good by to Sassy last year.

Barb SL--Hope you enjoy your time with DGD. I tell you I just love it and they can make me feel speical. I made a mistake and DGD whos birthday was this last weekend was 7 not 6. She is spending the dad with Papa today as they have no school and all the rest of us are working. DH took this week off as he has vacation he had to use before March 1 or he would lose it. So they are coming to have lunch with me this noon. One of my other DGD made me chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's day. She is 6 and it was her first time. They have lots of chocolate and look good. Have to go slow and not eat all at once.

Heather--love the pictures and love hearing about your trip. Sounds like you have a very caring guide. DGC are really growing.

Cynthia--One Day at a Time, Important thing is not to give up. Sending prayers and hugs.

Lillian--Do you run into bears alot? That would scare me into not going out the front door.

Katla--I am not good at names either. Sounds like you are doing great with the riding, No saddle only a pad. I would of fallen off for sure. So glad to hear your knee is better.

Carol--Hope you had a good visit with DB and DM. You do what is right for you. You will know when and if you are ready to date again.

Michele--Congrates on the NSV for the candy.Hope you are feeling better, are you getting the flu?

Kim--Happy Anniversary. It is nice that you can see the changes and make plans. You are a speical person and deserve the best.

Allison--((((Hugs)))

Sylvia--You take it easy!!

Bacon roses look so pretty and good! I have a weakness for bacon.

Ladies, Take care and remember One Day at a Time.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,

Bacon roses yum.

Lesley so sorry for your loss.

Cindy I do use a Sonicare, but have not been using it the full two minutes. That will change. Especially getting the backs of my teeth.

Lisa I grew up in a suburb of St. Louis. We make it back there once to twice a year. Love Tower Grove Park.

Heather safe journey home.

Light snow here today. Nothing like out east. We had that last year, so I really feel for you. We are not out of March yet. We can get twelve inches of heavy wet snow that time of year. The up side it it does not last very long. Bitter cold coming tomorrow.

I went to Panera or in Missouri Saint Louis Bread Company with a good friend today. I tried to Soba soup with chicken and a small Greek Salad and an apple instead of bread. Yum! The original Saint Louis Bread Company was not far from where I grew up. When it went national it became Panera. In Missouri they still call it St. Louis Bread Company.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Going to try to post a picture. This is of my Grand daughter Ellie all dressed up to go out and play in the snow. Didn't last long, to cold03zhfyfkuff3.jpg
    Ok, that one didn't work. It's a picture I am tagged in so I don't know how to put that one on here. This is a pic of Ellie at her ballet
  • whitelite000
    Options
    Hi Ladies ! I'm new to MFP it took me a week before I knew there was even a community ! I'm not sure if it helps I'm in this alone in my circle of friends ! Would love to join a support group .. My name is Gayle and I'm from Adelaide Australia! There doesn't seem to be to many Australians that use MFP ! I did see Leslie from Tasmania !! Wishing every one a lovely day or night !
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Ellie is adorable -- enjoying all the other pictures, too.
    Gail, icy metro ATL
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Very cold start to the day ... got above zero later though.

Food choices have been so-so. I find that when my routine is off-kilter, so are my food choices. Really have to stop "blaming" stress for my weight and poor choices.

Beth in WNY

48016192.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    Joyce - your lovely granddaughter looks the image of you! :flowerforyou:

Alison - gosh, pets are so expensive! I guess that is one of the reasons we have a bit of spare cash for travelling - no vets bills! :flowerforyou: We don't even have any house plants, apart from a basil on the kitchen windowsill. We only run one car between us too, which saves a load of cash. If I am desperate any time I could get a taxi, but it rarely happens. If I were working we'd need two cars.

Going home today. Slept so so, but better than I sometimes do. Barbie - I will try to stay in the moment. :bigsmile: Breakfast calls.

Thinking of you all. Heather in Sri Lanka, soon to be in England.

27681614.png
  • cutec527
    cutec527 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This day just seems to be so long :D Usually I'm busy and moving the whole day but today I'm just feeling exhausted. Started really looking at my Food diary and realized I'm really not getting enough protein so I will have to work on that.
    My mom who is 87 said something to me today that at first bothered me then I had a long talk with her. I have been heavy my whole life this is my way of learning to live a healthier lifestyle. A NEW way of life where I can be around for a long time. She recently was told by the Dr. that her blood sugar was elevated but of course the pat answer was "But because of your age we just warn patients". I myself do so much better in losing weight when I have some form of structure and support. So like I said to her Let me try The Best I can mom it's working and I feel so much better about myself each day B)
    Have a great day all .
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hello dear friends. I’m watching the first day of the dog show. Benny Beagle approved of the hound group winner…a 15” beagle of course! Pt went well today and I spent time on the new recumbent cross trainer which I love. I put the resistance up to 2, but my knee aches a bit.

Mary: did you share your chicken fajita salad? If so I’d love the recipe!

Pip: great pic!

Mildred Beagle: Benny and I send peaceful thoughts and lots of hugs for your people. Ditto crazydoglady: run free!

Carol: I’m sure tomorrow will be a better day!

Michele: hope that tummy feels better soon!

Sue my brother and sister in law live in Nashville and I think they were getting some ice today

Sylvia: how are you feeling these days?

Kim:can I be your valentine and get bacon roses too?

Margaret I hope your treatments work for your gingivitis and your next check up is good

Joyce: stay warm and safe in all that snow!

Heather: I just love reading all about your adventures

Katla: hope you are not getting sick; seems like lots of folks here are fighting illness here

Janet; that is a victory in my book! Woo hoo is right

Selena: congrats on the weight loss!

Thlavalee: love the kitty pic!

So I must say all the puppy and people pictures are great too! Thanks to all for sharing. Welcome to the new people; keep coming back so we get to know you.

Gotta go…time for checking my blood sugar. That and my BP are so much better now that I have figured out how to exercise on this damn knee! I guess as long as it stays attached and goes the same way I go, all is good…for now. Take care all, Meg from Omaha where it’s cold but I’m missing snow!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did 20 minutes of yoga, held my plank for 2 min 40 sec, and then the extremepump class. Originally, I was planning to do a spinning downloadable workout, but if we get the snow they're calling for, I'll do a DVD at home....Stay tuned! Update: well, it started snowing so I'll just do a Kelley Coffee Meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD at home.

Selena - 400 calories over really isn't all that much. Now if you were talking 2,000...that'd be a different story.

Did a load of laundry yesterday and just took it out of the dryer. Want to do another load before we go to FL

madiedorf - safe travels! Just read something about a fast acting strain of HIV. Don't know how true this is or not. Stay safe!

Sylvia - loved the jokes, particularly the one about the guy going away....lol

Carol in NC - you and me both would be happier if the snow came Friday. Tell me about the wimps down here. Just the WORD "snow" and they are all in a panic. I went to Food Lion yesterday for one item. I swear, I have NEVER seen that store so crowded! You would think we were being snowbound for weeks on end. It's gone by the next day usually. The bad part is that they don't know how to deal with the snow down here. One time when we had a snowstorm, they plowed. I remember there was a lane for turning, but I couldn't remember where it started. They never even plowed (?) that lane. Say, do you (or anyone else in NC) know if there's a city called Burk (or it might be spelled Burke)? When we were in VA, there was mention on the Weather Channel that 80,000 people in Burk were without power. We'd never heard of a city called Burk so we assumed they meant Burke County which is near us. Yet, when we got home and looked at the papers, there wasn't any mention of a power outage. So maybe there IS a city called Burk

Lisa
    - welcome!

thlavallee
    - how did Sugar fracture her ankle?

kim - Vince would love those "roses". Even tho I was sure I'd gone over (calories) the day we went to Jess' (she wanted to make us chicken parm, but I did ask for shirataki noodles and she gave them to me. But still...the cheese and all.). She'd bought a bottle of wine for me (since she knows I like sweet wines) but I only had one glass, much to her dismay. The next day (and even the following day) I felt like I'd had too much to eat so I was under on calories. We got home yesterday and I was a bit over. According to the Wii, I didn't gain nor lose.

Joyce
    - I hope your tummy is bettter now.

Alison
    - hope Chester is going to be OK. When we lived in PA and got multiple snowfalls, the biggest problem was where to put it all. In a sense, that was one of the good things about a snowblower, it spread the snow further.

MammaLaura
    - welcome!

Lesley - when our cat, Cocoa, was killed, it was suggested to me (and I thought it was a good idea) to plant some daffodils where he was buried so they'd bloom first thing in the spring and I'd always know where his grave was.

Vicki - I don't think I'm getting the flu. I think I just overate and that made me feel "yukky"

Michele in NC
  • Twhitehead7
    Twhitehead7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Still here and last day of my MIS class! I should have more time to post after that finishes. Catch you all later.

ps. not doing so good with eating but am on track with the rest of my February goals!.

Rita from frigid, snowy CT.

Hi Rita,
    Its Tara from south eastern CT! And frigid it the word! Frozen pipes this morning, but no damage. Just stood in the basement with the hair dryer for about an hour( lol) thank goodness that was enough to do the trick.
    Trying. Desperately to stay the course!
    Enjoy the snow again tomorrow!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

*thlavallee, your Sugar looks like the cast isn’t hampering her rest. Bless her heart.

*Gayle, welcome to the group. This is a great place to get support and lots of information, too. We are glad to have you. Just join in any time you want to say anything. Good luck on your journey.

*Beth, hang in there. We all make some choices better than others but acknowledging it is a start. I worked for a company whose motto was “NO EXCUSES, JUST DO IT” and I try to keep telling myself that.

*Joyce, your DGD is a doll.

*NMMargaret
    , I have gum disease and have had the procedure done on my whole mouth. It is so much better than years ago when DH had his gums cut back. Ewwwww. I use an electric toothbrush, a waterpik floss and regular floss and my periodontitis is very pleased with my teeth and gums. It just takes a little extra care and attention to the gums and I’m sure you’ll be fine. Plaque builds up under the gum line and it didn’t happen overnight, so don’t be disappointed if they don’t see an improvement on Wednesday.

*Selena, thanks for the heads up on the Classical Stretch, by Miranda Esmonde-White. They are really good for those of us that can’t do high impact exercises. Congrats on your first week victories.

*Cutec. Good for you. We have to do this for ourselves and not for someone else. Our loved one’s support is great but we can do it without them, if necessary. You go girl! Feeling better is what it’s all about.

The weather people had predicted low 20’s and rain for tonight and now they are saying the temperature will keep going up overnight to around 60 and then start dropping during the morning. Who knows what we will get but it’s up to 48, the warmest all day. I just feel so bad for all of you in low temps and high snow falls. At this point in my life after living down south all but 10 years, I don’t think I could handle it. Stay safe and warm, my friends.

Ladies, I wish you all a very happy and healthy day.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,137 Member
    Options
    Meg from Omaha - the Chicken fajita salad is 4-6 Oz of grilled chicken cut up and seasoned with fajita seasoning. We make 3 lbs at a time and buy fully cooked pre-cut chicken. 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce and 3/4 cup of warmed pace mild salsa 1/4 cup shredded cheddar I mix all together in a bowl. It is a warm salad very simple to make and very tasty with a nice little bite! I could eat it every day. The salsa gives you a lot of vegetables I like the original but you could try chunky. I freeze the rest of the chicken and it's an easy warm up for the next meal.

Mary from Minnesota
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I wish the weather would improve for you ladies up in the Northeast. I think it’s cold in TX but nothing like you are going through.
    Pam –TX – I know what you mean about the weather. It was 53 degrees colder today than Sunday (with wind chill). I live in Granbury. Glad you are here. :D
    Lesley – so sad to hear bout Mildred .Hugs to you.
    Michele = I got a laugh about the cat turning on the stove.
    Kim in N.CA – We discovered limoncello on a trip to Italy. You are right, it is delicious.
    Alison – Your Chester and I have something in common. I just had a cyst removed from my eye. Actually it was a growth. Waiting on report.
    Gayle – Welcome from down under. So glad you found us. Be sure to bookmark the thread to make it easy to find again.
    Heather – I think we all have enjoyed hearing your reports of the places and things you’ve seen and eaten. Safe travels home.
    Finally caught up. Went on a road trip this weekend and no internet. See you all tomorrow.

SueBDew – TX

February Goals:
    1. Drink at least 6 cups of water a day. This has been hard for me this winter but I will do it
    2. Eat at least 5 fruits/veggies a day. This is something I must do!
    3. Begin strength training. Do 2x a week.`

February word: Choices (Thanks Joyce!)

27854289.pngSueBDew – TX

• jmkmomm
    Options
    I can't believe how early I am posting tonight. But my notebook that I make all my notes as I read isn't here with me so I am having to go with memory. There in lies the problem. Names????? You all have names????

Heather, I really enjoyed seeing your last view of Sri Lanka, so beautiful. It is good to see and read of the beauty of a nation that has been troubled by political unrest, poverty and other problems. Thank you fro telling us your guides story, no wonder he is so passionate about his job and showing people the good and the bad. Nice of you to give to his charity.

I am so glad I was able to figure out how to post pictures. I haven't figured out how to do it yet from my computer, just my iPad. But I have quite a few, ha ha ha, pictures there. But all my wonderful pictures that my daughter takes at home and I just tag myself on the picture. I can't figure out how to share those pictures.

I read something today on face book that I thought i would share for all of us that have lost a beloved pet. This person took his dogs tags off the collar and puts them on a special chain on his key ring. Us women could put it in our purse. But that way our furry family continue to make our journeys with us. But I love what Lesley said that using the budget for all the money budgeted towards her care is Mildreds gift to them for travels. I would like to give Leslie the same advice given to Carol about dating. Never say never. Your heart is huge, Mildred left a huge hole in it but animal lovers are very special. Not everyone is made to do it. But God knows who we are. Sometimes another animal comes into our lives that need us. We loved Adora, our Grandkids loved her although Adora terrorized anyone who came into HER home. She adored us though and she was special. We weren't looking for a cat when we met Melody. We were just supporting Michelle and what she was doing with the animal rescue group she was fostering with. But there Melody was and just tugged at my heart. Charlie said she would only be my cat. He wasn't ready for another. But now there is no one who can give a belly rub like he does.

We only got about 6 inches of snow during the night. We will get less than an inch tonight. Christina lives outside of Lexington, Ky and they got 12 inches during the night and were getting quite a bit more today. She said that school was more than likely going to be out all week. They were so glad that they bought both the girls tablets for Christmas since the school system puts their homework on the internet. That also means the musical will be cancelled until next week.

I will try to find a picture of Melody here

Joyce, Indiana
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    Here is my darling Melody. We got her from a rescue.
    Joyce, Iniana