Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I thought dogs were boys and cats were girls.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I thought dogs were boys and cats were girls.

So did I - and that way around! I thought I was the only person to have believed that!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving something sweet i eat spoonfuls of jam (jelly for Americans) out of the jar.

/pedant on. Jam is made from the fruit, jelly is made from juice. Two different things in 'Murica

• aurora1111616
    aurora1111616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use "Sitting at my desk for work " as cardiovascular calories burned and in 8 hours its 430 calories. Does that count as burned calories?
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    When I'm craving something sweet i eat spoonfuls of jam (jelly for Americans) out of the jar.

/pedant on. Jam is made from the fruit, jelly is made from juice. Two different things in 'Murica

Whoaaaaaa...really?

x4ld3euprion.gif
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    amyh1994 wrote: »
    ... today I took the train for 45 minutes just to get a burrito.

yep.

I can't say I have had a burrito. Not even 100% sure what it is. Like a kebab isn't it?

Where do you live that you have never had a burrito? I am agog at the thought of a burrito-less life.

Not like a kebob--more life a gyro/schwarma with a thinner wrap.

I'm struggling with the thought that there are good burritos in Canada. If it turns out they put gravy on those too I'm going to be so mad.

Confession: My friend told me that sleeping more helps you break a plateau and I've been trying to get more sleep ever since.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I had no idea. I like jam the best though!

More than 20% of my calories today were from Lindt truffles. They were on sale at 50% from Valentine's day. Not even sorry.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

yep.

I can't say I have had a burrito. Not even 100% sure what it is. Like a kebab isn't it?

Where do you live that you have never had a burrito? I am agog at the thought of a burrito-less life.

I'm struggling with the thought that there are good burritos in Canada. If it turns out they put gravy on those too I'm going to be so mad.

Confession: My friend told me that sleeping more helps you break a plateau and I've been trying to get more sleep ever since.

Confession: I'm not Canadian, but I have made gravy from pernil drippings before, and it's really, really good.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter told a friend of hers that they must have burned 200 calories while they were playing yesterday. So my daughter is mad at me because her child "knows about those things already". I feel like I committed a crime.

But here's the thing...if one of my granddaughters doesn't eat ALL of the food that a parent puts on their plate (the girls are 10 & 9 yrs old), that plate of food keeps reappearing at meal times until the child finally eats it. But the boy, 7, can say "that's gross!" refuse to eat it, and it never comes back for him. He never even gets the threat.

But I'm the criminal.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

yep.

I've had decent burritos in Vancouver, BC. No gravy. Not sure about the rest of Canada!

There is so much good Asian food in most of the places I've been in Canada that I haven't gone out of my way to search for Mexican.
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    As tomorrow is Fat Tuesday, here's a thematic confession. I live in the Chicago area, and it's very traditional to celebrate with paczki, a Polish treat similar to a donut. Something like 500 calories of delicious fried dough, maybe filled with sweet cheese, or custard, or jam, or chocolate... then covered in sugar. Mmmm. In the past, I've been known to eat 4-5 of these bad boys on Fat Tuesday.

I'm considering only eating paczki tomorrow, so I can stay under my calories. For, you know, tradition.

Yep, used to work in a town with Polish bakers and haven't had Paczki in the 13 years since I moved to NC. Yesterday I stopped at a store for some milk and they were had a special display of them. I had 2 yesterday and 1 this morning. And hmmm, didn't happen to track on MFP either day....
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I logged my snack tonight as an apple and caramel sauce and then just now realized I have cookies in the cupboard open that I won't be able to eat after Wednesday so I am going to eat those instead.....I am not changing my diary!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    My granddaughter told a friend of hers that they must have burned 200 calories while they were playing yesterday. So my daughter is mad at me because her child "knows about those things already". I feel like I committed a crime.

But here's the thing...if one of my granddaughters doesn't eat ALL of the food that a parent puts on their plate (the girls are 10 & 9 yrs old), that plate of food keeps reappearing at meal times until the child finally eats it. But the boy, 7, can say "that's gross!" refuse to eat it, and it never comes back for him. He never even gets the threat.

But I'm the criminal.

And in 20 years, I bet they'll be wondering why their girls don't call or visit.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I confess that my confession is somewhat judgmental, so I guess I'll keep it to myself.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I went on a cruise with my husband last month. I gained ten pounds, he didn't gain an ounce. I was so pissed I told him I had a UTI and couldn't have sex for ten days.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

yep.

I've had decent burritos in Vancouver, BC. No gravy. Not sure about the rest of Canada!

There is so much good Asian food in most of the places I've been in Canada that I haven't gone out of my way to search for Mexican.

This is true, I tried Thai green curry for the first time while there and it was great. In my limited experience, I don't recall seeing any Latin@ food/people up there. But I also got food poisoning up there and do not have especially warm feelings toward any Canadian food.
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ice cream for dinner is a regular thing.
  • Shellys_Start
    Shellys_Start Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    I am totally enjoying reading these! It's so funny to see the things we do and to know that I am not alone. I haven't done anything recently, but.....I buy the Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting in the plastic jar......and eat it......by the spoonfuls. If that stuff is in my house its in danger of being eaten by me before it ever makes it onto cakes or cookies. One time, I even hid the jar in my room so no one would know I was eating it, then I wrapped the jar in several bags threw the jar away outside. This thread made me crave it for a minute. >:)

Sooo happy to know I'm not the only one! I've had a terrible weakness for Betty Crocker frosting for years. When my husband wanted cake he'd buy an extra frosting for me so he could actually get a frosted cake.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Me too! It helps me get my steps in!
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I enjoy doing this alone in my room regularly... and by regularly I mean everyday!

tumblr_muv8gqeVHz1rjlg6ro7_250.gif

• mudmonkeyonwheels
    mudmonkeyonwheels Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire bag a chips last night for dinner (Family size bag of crisps- Lime and Black Pepper Flavour). Not even sorry - they were delicious!