Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My dh keeps saying I am not, not fat. Which is lovely of course, he is great. But holy crap my thighs and knees have become exponentially fatter in the last two weeks.

Don't get me wrong about 99% of the time he says you look great, your not fat your pregnant! So I guess I'm being hard on him. I know he didn't mean to hurt my feelings. Again, he wasn't thinking! LOL Yea, those last couple of weeks of tough. My legs rubbed together, even from the knee down at the end with Kayden. WoooooW! :noway:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    JEN:
    I'm totally finding out - I cannot wait but hubby does not want to know - this might be tricky. No gut feeling but I'd quite like a girl :heart:

I had an early glucose test because I was overweight when I started my pregnancy, I think 25-28 weeks is normal and I'll be getting another then! lucky me.

It was the same for me. Hopefully yours turn out ok!
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    So I'm bummed. My hubby rained on my parade last night big time. So I've been SOOO proud of myself with this pregnancy. I've been walking and really careful with what I eat. So far I've gained 7 pounds which I think is good! I was looking back and at 17 weeks with my ds I was up 15! :noway: So I shared this with DH last night, I was all excited. And he says "wait, how much do you weight right now?" And I said, I'm 143, my pre preg weight was 136. He goes, "well you started out with kayden at 131, so really you are heavier starting this pregnancy and 131+15=146 so really you are only with in 3 pounds of where you were last time." BOOOOOO! Talk about bursting my bubble!!!! :sad:
    i would hit him, and i have im up to 35 lb in my weight gain.. and that make me sad. but i dont agree with my doct scale.. there is a 6 lb difference with mine and his, and i told him that.. he was like well ur scale at home might not be calibrated... I then went home and weighted a 30 lb of cat litter and it said it weighed 30 lb.... so i win.. as for husband.. mine has finally come to see that the belly button poped out OMG its the rage for him he pokes it in..i hate it
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Did I ever share this site? It's a weekly development, but more up my sarcastic humor alley, while still having good info.

http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week1

(shortcut tip - change the # at the end to your # of weeks vs scrolling through the pages to get to your week)
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newcomers! This is a great place to be.

I had my doctor's appointment this afternoon. Everything looks good. She actually had the hiccups while the doctor was doing the ultrasound. She currently weighs 3 lbs. 7 oz. Crazy! My doctor actually moved my due date 2 days, so July 15, but I don't think I am going to bother to change my ticker. The only thing is that she is currently breech, but we have time. Oh and she wouldn't let me see her face, she was tucking it under. She has done that the last two appointments. Now, I go 3 weeks, then 2, then 1 until I am due. That will definitely speed up the process.
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies --
    I haven't had time to read in days much less reply - I just wanted to let you know that I am still here and thinking about all of you as I go on this journey. Life pregnant with 4 kids in activities is just crazy! I am so tired that the time I would normally get on the computer, I am sacked out. Hopefully in a few weeks the 2nd trimester burst of energy will hit and I'll feel like I can catch up and be more active.

I hope you all are doing well and I'm looking forward to catching up!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome to call the newcomers!!

Julie – yea for a good nights sleep! Have a great day off work.

Jen – 7 pounds at 17 weeks is fantastic!!! Don’t let him upset you, you’re doing great!

Meokk – glad you didn’t have a problem drinking the sugar stuff. I had my test at 9 weeks during the worst of my morning sickness, it so hard for me not to throw up all over the waiting room. I’m still not sure how I managed. I hope you pass!

Mel – your husband sounds like mine in that aspect. Whenever I say that I feel like I’m getting fat he tells me, “well you’re pregnant” I keep telling him the correct answer is “you’re not fat” but he still hasn’t gotten it.

Racheal – glad you had a good appointment!

So many of you are almost so close, I’m going to miss you when you leave the thread!

All day today I’ve had a lot of pain in my lower abdomen. I think it might be round ligament pain but I’m not sure. It’s really low, as low as you can get and not be “down there” and it hurts pretty much all the time not just when I move suddenly. I don’t have any spotting so I’m not too worried at this point but I though I throw it out there and see if anyone else has experienced this.
  • aimsypoo
    aimsypoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Amy... I am 10 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and really want to stay within a healthy weight gain this pregnancy. I gained 50lbs with my first pregnancy by regularly eating boxes of cheezits! Oh, and I didn't really lose the weight either, so I started out this pregnancy just 10lbs less than I was when I had my daughter 4 years ago. So...hello! I'm so glad this message board exists!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new comers!

Glad you had a good apt Rachael!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    cute website Mel. thanks :)
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    All day today I’ve had a lot of pain in my lower abdomen. I think it might be round ligament pain but I’m not sure. It’s really low, as low as you can get and not be “down there” and it hurts pretty much all the time not just when I move suddenly. I don’t have any spotting so I’m not too worried at this point but I though I throw it out there and see if anyone else has experienced this.
    IM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT PAIN.. omg but it sounds like ur taking it like a champ.. I was curled up in bed for hours in pain.. i thought that my insides were going to pop out my side.. It was only on ur right side. i couldnt even walk, im sorry.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

I had this too but it was as low as you could go and BE down there. I talked to my doctor about it and she said it was just my body making room for baby oh and she chimed in with " There are little bones in there that often break in order to make room too" :noway: I hope you find some relief soon, Mama.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Meokk- I am glad that the test wasn’t too bad for you. I have it in Friday so I am hoping for the same!

Pmaria- yea! For a good apt. How were your childbirth classes? We do ours in about a week and a half.

Jenzimmer- what is your gut feeling this time? Its okay if you don’t want to share. Gender US’s are so exciting.

Lily- just jump right in!

Mel- Thanks for sharing the site.

Rachael- WOW 3 lbs 7 oz… how can they tell that? Yeah for a good apt. Did they move your due date up or down two days… I wouldn’t change my ticker either.

Katrina- I am sure that you are busy! That’s understandable!

Ron- I have had all sorts of paints down there. I wouldn’t worry unless you have spotting along with it. I am guessing you are making room for your LO to grow.

Amy- Welcome, it’s so funny you say you ate boxes of cheez its your first pregnancy because that’s what I feel like I am doing but that’s one of the only things I don’t throw up.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: I have my glucose test on Friday and I am getting my rohgam shot. I hate needles so this isn’t going to be my best apt but my DH is coming with me.
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies!!! Looking forward to getting to know you better...

Lynn - WOW!!! I'm so sorry that you went to all that work just to have it partially dashed! I would be terribly upset if I were in your shoes. Just tell the volunteers what happened and I'm sure they'll not blame you. I volunteered for a few years and always really appreciated the people that took the time to do something special to show that they noticed.

Rachel - I definatly think you look pregnant!!! So cute....

Ron - You were talking about not having cable and not knowing when you'd have time to watch it anyway.... We don't have TV at all (we do watch movies some though) and I can't figure out how people work full time, watch TV and get everything at home done that needs done. I'm a stay at home mom with no TV and still can hardly seem to get everything I need to do done. I guess sewing all of my own clothes and planting a huge garden would help with that..... I didn't realize you were so close to finding out what your baby is - YAY - it's so fun to know. And, yes, I'll tell you in just a bit... And about your pain down low - it might not be the same for every person, but I did have a good deal of that when I was about right at where you are. It is VERY uncomfortable. I tdid go away for me. After a couple weeks I think.

AFM: I think this was the first time I had missed an entire day of posts on a weekday. I usually miss Sundays, but weekends are much slower news-wise. Now I know what others are talking about when they say what a fast moving thread this is. Wow!!! It really is!!! Yesterday was a little hectic. I finally turned the computer on at about 9:30pm just so I could track my food and excercise before I got DS to bed and drop in bed myself. And I really wanted to put my exercise in. By rough calculation on here it said that I burnt 1,434 calories!!! Guess that's what happens when you work in the garden for 4 1/2 hours... Sadly I didn't realize earlier in the day that I had that many calories that I could eat back so at 10pm I was not even going to try to eat that many calories!!! Went for my US in the morning and....... IT'S A GIRL!!! :bigsmile: I can still hardly believe it!!! Now I can go garage saling this weekend and actually have stuff that I NEED. :laugh: After the US we went to my mom and dad's for lunch and I had some stuff I needed to do there. Went to town for a bit, came home and put DS to bed and then worked in the garden 'till a little after 9. Then I still had to eat supper etc. I was very tired and my sciatic nerve on the right side was absolutely killing me... Still is actually. As tired as I was I wasn't even able to sleep well because of it. And then I woke up at 7 (early for me :blushing: ) and couldn't go back to sleep. :sad: Anyway I have a ton of stuff I want to get done today too so I need to get off of here and get moving on it. Found a sudden burst of energy somewhere and I have a feeling I had better take advantage of it before it dissapears. Have a great day everyone!!!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Mel- Thanks for the advice! I do have the pain on my left lower back, in my lady region on the left side and branching down into my inner left thigh. It's not all at the same time. Usually it's one or the other, but they are still all there. It much be sciatic pain. It wasn't so bad yesterday. I must have just had a really bad day Monday. I'm going to look into stretches like you suggested.

Rachael- Glad your appointment went well. I'm so jealous you got another ultrasound. I want to see my little girl so bad, but they won't be doing another ultrasound unless there is a concern.

So we are all having sleeping issues (except for you really lucky ones... I hate you :laugh: ). Anyway. I decided last night that I didn't have enough space in our bed. I blew up our air mattress and set it right beside the bed so I could still be near my husband. Slept like a rock! I didn't get up until nearly 10am. And that was in an air mattress!! I guess they're not too uncomfortable if just one person is sleeping on it. Well... one person and a dog. He had to join me when the thunderstorms started last night. I didn't experience any hip pain all night, which has become a norm, and I didn't wake up with a pinched back. I hope it wasn't a fluke. It sucks because the cure might be sleeping in a different bed than my husband for two more months, but we can deal if it puts me in a better mood and in less pain.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

Rachael- WOW 3 lbs 7 oz… how can they tell that? Yeah for a good apt. Did they move your due date up or down two days… I wouldn’t change my ticker either.

They pull a weight when they measure her head, and her leg bone and some other parts and the computer calculates a weight. It is pretty crazy. They moved my due date up two days. Good luck on your appointment, that shot doesn't sound very fun! :( But I am sure it will go just fine. :)
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Regina- CONGRATS! A baby girl!!! We really are dominating the group!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    AnneElise – I hate needles too, I always have to look away when I get blood taken.

Regina – yea!!! Congratulations!!!! :bigsmile: I know you were hoping for a girl. Oh and about not having a TV, we do watch some shows online. I love it because we can stop and start the show whenever we want to watch it and there are no commercial breaks!

Danielle – “bones that often break” ???? :noway: :noway:

Brittony – I’m glad you had a good night’s sleep. Hopefully it’s not a fluke and it continues to work for you.

The pain is a lot better today, right now it’s more discomfort than painful.

I’m a little annoyed with my husband right now. I mentioned before that he got me 2 king sized pillows to help me sleep better. Well, they are fantastic!!! But they're also so big that they take up a lot of room in our queen sized bed. So now he's sleeping badly and his back hurts. I know it sucks but he’s such an effin’ baby about it! It’s been 2 nights and you’d swear that his back is broken he complains so much. All he did this morning was complain. Uhhh, I’ve felt like that for months! Get over it! :grumble:
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am an off again on again member of MFP. I got really discouraged and just let it go for the last few months as no matter what I was doing, it wasn't doing anything. So here I am..expecting #6 in December and scared Crapless about being obese and pg...AGAIN. I am hoping to stay positive that I can keep my gains minimal which will be tough given I am prone to gaining especially when pg. Has anyone been successful in maintaining their current weight or actually losing by keeping track?
    Anyhow...glad to find a group that can help :)
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Ron- That's exactly what I thought when you said your husband was complaining like a baby. Think about what we have to deal with!! I'm glad your pain is more managable today. I hope everyone finds some relief! Poor us. I'm glad we have this group to vent to. It makes me feel better than I'm not the only one. I don't want you guys to be in pain, of course, but I do like reassurance that I'm not being a big baby myself.

Boopa- You can do it! Just keep tracking and exercising, but realize that you will gain some weight. We have an exercise challenge you should take part in- exercise in some manner (for many of us it's simply going for a walk) for at least 30 minutes, 4 times a week. If you exercise for an hour one day, you still have to try to exercise three more days for 30 minuntes each. That's the challenge at least. Anything is better than nothing. We check in on Mondays.

Welcome to all of the other newcomers! I hope you love this group as much as I do.