Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »
    Right now I'm obsessed with exercise, I made the guy I work with stay late and deal with a problem so I could go swimming. I told them I had a doctors appointment. They all assumed it was a female issue because I wouldn't go into details.

Me too, and I love it! I want to go out and play right now, but there is ice all over the ground. I still might go for a walk, though.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »
    Right now I'm obsessed with exercise, I made the guy I work with stay late and deal with a problem so I could go swimming. I told them I had a doctors appointment. They all assumed it was a female issue because I wouldn't go into details.

Ah yes. "female trouble", the unquestionable excuse.

Just as an offhand observation... Is it just me, or is a woman trying to pull her wedgie out of her butt while running fast on a treadmill while trying not to hey caught absolutely hilarious?
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Irrelevant question - I am using the android MFP app - how do I add a bookmark to a discussion please?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Since I'm Protestant, I don't practice Lent.
    I'm never provocative about it (I would never seek to offend someone just for the sake of it) but every year I make a silent protest against Lent by making sure that I eat a substantial amount of meat every Friday, preferably red meat.

Also, I once unintentionally created torment for my old boss during Lent. Our team was having a snack day and since I forgot about Lent, I brought a George Foreman and burgers. The whole floor smelled like a backyard barbecue and my Catholic boss was just drooling over the burgers but never let himself have one. Several others succumbed to temptation.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    It seems like some Protestants do observe Lent. I know that Lutherans do, because I take a Zumba class at a Lutheran church and we have to change our schedule due to Lent-related activities for six weeks. I'm pretty sure that Anglicans do too.

My confession: I am not religious at all, bordering on slightly anti-religious. Still, it bothers me that people are not being allowed to discuss Lent on this site. As long as they are not assuming that everyone has the same practices, it seems like a valid diet-and-fitness-related discussion.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    nigerski68 wrote: »
    1. I don't eat cake, will give it to someone or throw it away because I only want the frosting. The cake just gets in my way. And the frosting MUST be chocolate.

When I make a cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, I always leave extra frosting on the beaters and in the bowl so I get to enjoy the deliciousness!

I use this recipe (minus the egg yolk in the frosting.) It is absolutely the best chocolate cake ever and the best frosting!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    My granddaughter told a friend of hers that they must have burned 200 calories while they were playing yesterday. So my daughter is mad at me because her child "knows about those things already". I feel like I committed a crime.

But here's the thing...if one of my granddaughters doesn't eat ALL of the food that a parent puts on their plate (the girls are 10 & 9 yrs old), that plate of food keeps reappearing at meal times until the child finally eats it. But the boy, 7, can say "that's gross!" refuse to eat it, and it never comes back for him. He never even gets the threat.

But I'm the criminal.

I was also raised to finish everything on my plate, even if I was full. I am now obese. If my kids are full, I let them be full. Otherwise, I am raising another generation of over-eaters, who do not listen to what their bodies are telling them. If they say they do not like something, we have the three-bit rule. They have to take three bites and if they still do not like it, they don't have to eat it. My children are not at all picky, they eat until they are full, and they are all very thin. I feel as though I am doing the right thing.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    my 6 year old son sings Megan Trainors song as "There's no trouble at my base at my base at my base"
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Love this forum! I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard! The "silent protest against Lent" cracked me up!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I was shocked when I moved to the US that Americans would spoil some delicious cake with way too rich buttercream frosting. Then I realized that most of the cakes were not even that good in the first place.

My mom once embarrassed me to no end at the grocery store because she took pictures of all the birthday cakes there (and even got told off by a manager). It's just not something we do in France. We have more... 'distinguished' cakes, lol!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This thread is hysterical, and don't even need to enter a confessional lol

I can eat entire bag of Lays Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips in one sitting!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    my 6 year old son sings Megan Trainors song as "There's no trouble at my base at my base at my base"

My two and a half year old calls it the "face face" song. When he sings along it's hysterical, and he doesn't understand why I'm laughing.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I was shocked when I moved to the US that Americans would spoil some delicious cake with way too rich buttercream frosting. Then I realized that most of the cakes were not even that good in the first place.

My mom once embarrassed me to no end at the grocery store because she took pictures of all the birthday cakes there (and even got told off by a manager). It's just not something we do in France. We have more... 'distinguished' cakes, lol!

Heathen! Just kidding, almost any frosting not involving coconut flakes just happened to always be my favorite part of the cake.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of butter in coffee this morning...it really helps keep a curb in the appetite, but yeah real butter...yum.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of butter in coffee this morning...it really helps keep a curb in the appetite, but yeah real butter...yum.

this is a popular biohack
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I've kept buttercream frosting in my desk drawer at work. (I was a WW leader -just a second job sort of thing - at the time too. ;) ) When one of the co-workers who used to come by for spoonfuls of frosting got married, I held her engagement party. I went to her favorite bakery (their cakes are lovely and decadent without frosting, btw) and got her a cake completely and entirely covered in frosting roses. Roses on top of roses so that we all got a piece with at least 1.5 frosting roses per slice. o:)

Yes, we Americans like our frosting!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    I have eaten a 20" Cheesesteak with Lettuce, Tomato, Fried Onion, Raw Onion, Ketchup, Mayo, Extra Cheese, bag of chips and a large drink with several refills in one meal many times. Sometimes I wish I was 300 lbs again, those Cheesesteaks were so good
  • Jcnmama
    Options
    I have days where I don't eat hardly anything and I know that is probably hurting more than it is helping. I workout at least 3 days a week and recently when I put my info in MFP gives me a couple of paragraphs telling me I am not eating enough calories..
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    It seems like some Protestants do observe Lent. I know that Lutherans do, because I take a Zumba class at a Lutheran church and we have to change our schedule due to Lent-related activities for six weeks. I'm pretty sure that Anglicans do too.

My confession: I am not religious at all, bordering on slightly anti-religious. Still, it bothers me that people are not being allowed to discuss Lent on this site. As long as they are not assuming that everyone has the same practices, it seems like a valid diet-and-fitness-related discussion.

You're right. Lutheran and Anglican churches, while Protestant, are not as far removed from Catholicism as other denominations such as Pentecostal, Baptist, Methodist, etc. and still maintain a lot of the same traditions.

I didn't realize Lent was taboo on here. There's been other threads that discussed religious fasts unrelated to Lent so I don't see what the big deal is.

My next confession: I talked about religion (sort of?) on MFP.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I went to Starbucks today solely to take a dump in their restroom. (don't judge, our water is out!)