Has anyone tried the Lemon cleanse?

Options
Just curious if anyone has ever tried this. It says to do it for 10 days, but I was thinking of trying it for 3 days. A couple people at my work swear by it and says it gets rid of all the toxins in your body but I am very skeptical about it. I am not sure I could drink a quart of salt water in the morning...sounds horrible.

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. Ask all those swearing by it exactly what toxins they are eliminating that your body doesn't do all on its own.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Detoxing is a pointless endeavor. You have working kidneys and a liver that detox your body for you. Detoxes are just a money marketing attempt by scammers looking to make a quick buck off of the gullible.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    "Toxins" are just a gimmick for people to sell you things. There's no such thing. Any waste products you have from living your body already knows how to get rid of.

Drinking lemon water won't do a thing for your health or weight. Just eat the proper amount of food each day.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I honestly hope that your coworkers that swear by this aren't in positions of responsibility. Their judgement is obviously lacking.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's obvious their detox really didn't work because they are still full of *kitten*.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just curious if anyone has ever tried this. It says to do it for 10 days, but I was thinking of trying it for 3 days. A couple people at my work swear by it and says it gets rid of all the toxins in your body but I am very skeptical about it. I am not sure I could drink a quart of salt water in the morning...sounds horrible.

Agree with everyone above, please don't it's not needed. Just wondered how these people who swear by it "know" they are getting rid of toxins in their bodies? What do they honestly think this cleanse is going to do for them?

I guess, I have never once thought of doing a cleanse, I don't understand the mindset behind wanting to do it.

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    It's obvious their detox really didn't work because they are still full of *kitten*.

^Best line.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice is acidic. There are 8 billion comments on MFP about acidic diets being evil.

You can't both be right....
  • butterflyrae2010
    butterflyrae2010 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Detoxing is a pointless endeavor. You have working kidneys and a liver that detox your body for you. Detoxes are just a money marketing attempt by scammers looking to make a quick buck off of the gullible.

Well agreed that's what I thought the liver was for. It was nothing bought online just ingredients in the store. I did see several lemon cleanse sites online. I read something about when John Wayne and Elvis Presley died they had 18 to 20 pounds of waste inside them, so it got me thinking what is inside my body.
  • butterflyrae2010
    butterflyrae2010 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thank you for your responses. Makes me feel good about NOT doing it. I was just curious. I had tried colonox before and felt like crap after and didn't want to feel the same after doing this.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I read something about when John Wayne and Elvis Presley died they had 18 to 20 pounds of waste inside them, so it got me thinking what is inside my body.

Helpful hint: not everything on the internet is true

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Well agreed that's what I thought the liver was for. It was nothing bought online just ingredients in the store. I did see several lemon cleanse sites online. I read something about when John Wayne and Elvis Presley died they had 18 to 20 pounds of waste inside them, so it got me thinking what is inside my body.

If you're looking to get rid of the extra crap hanging our in your intestines, go HAM on some Taco Bell or get a colonic.

Detoxes do nothing.

• brianpperkins
    Options

Right there is what the diet industry uses to generate millions of dollars on cleanses, detoxes, and colonics although they accomplish nothing.
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    MFP forums are not a good place to ask about cleanses, detoxes, intermittent fasting, etc. Lots of haters out there on this subject. I'm about your age and I have done this and love it. Still go back to it occasionally if I start eating more unhealthy foods. I will send you a friend request and if you accept, I will let you know my experiences with the lemonade fasts. Have a good day!
  • MagicalWanda
    MagicalWanda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Lemon juice is acidic. There are 8 billion comments on MFP about acidic diets being evil.

You can't both be right....

Perhaps you can't both be right. But you can both be WRONG.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    marlown wrote: »
    MFP forums are not a good place to ask about cleanses, detoxes, intermittent fasting, etc. Lots of haters out there on this subject. I'm about your age and I have done this and love it. Still go back to it occasionally if I start eating more unhealthy foods. I will send you a friend request and if you accept, I will let you know my experiences with the lemonade fasts. Have a good day!

Name one toxin it removed. One.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Name one toxin it removed. One.

She can only tell you via PM...so the "haters" don't destroy her faux science.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

Yes there are haters here just like everywhere because haters gonna hate. However, a lot of the "haters" here just want to get people away from BS and move them towards science. Since the burden of proof is on you, please provide studies proving your claims.
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I tried this purely for the weight loss element. Day 3 I woke up (had taken a lax the night before) and had never felt so ill in my entire life! Ate 4 bananas and stopped the cleanse there.
    I might try it again in the future though, just to see if I can. I find these sort of things good for learning self control - if I tell myself I'm absolutely not allowed something (in this case all food haha) until a certain date I find it much easier to stick to than trying to be moderate every day!
This discussion has been closed.