FireRunners (C25K May 9th group) Week 1!!

Options

Replies

• soogie_lynch
    Options
    Can I join in to? I did c25k 3 years ago and got as far as week 7...then found out I was pregnant and quit running. I want to complete it this time! I'll be running T, Th, and Sat. :)
  • Margot18904
    Margot18904 Posts: 48
    Options
    W1 D2 done here, definitely easier than the first session and I actually really enjoyed it. I used the podcast from runningintoshape which was really helpful and kept me going, looking forward to another run on Friday using the rock podcast this time! I'm so determined to do this, and I love that I can get out and enjoy the countryside around me at the same time.
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I did the first day yesterday. Well I attempted. Its clear I'm going to be stuck on week one for a while. I couldn't run the whole time it told me to but I tried to keep walking at a faster pace when I just couldn't anymore. Oh well, a little discouraged but I knew I wasn't a runner when I started. But I WILL be when I finish this! Maybe tomorrow will be better. Today, I'm gonna a nice walk at my own (read as "slow") pace. :-)
  • ErinLouiseBellamy
    ErinLouiseBellamy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey just came across this post and funnily enough i completed week 1 day 1 already today! can you add me to the list please?? I have to say the jogging was fine, the last two runs i started to get tired but i think thats because i had already walked 2 miles at 4mph immediately before starting...probably not my wisest decision.
    Will do c25k first and then 2 mile walk from now on i think.
    can feel the stiffness in the front of my thighs already but stretched, had some protein/water and had a hot shower so hope its not too bad tomorrow!

ill be doing it on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays :) good luck everyone!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I did the first day yesterday. Well I attempted. Its clear I'm going to be stuck on week one for a while. I couldn't run the whole time it told me to but I tried to keep walking at a faster pace when I just couldn't anymore. Oh well, a little discouraged but I knew I wasn't a runner when I started. But I WILL be when I finish this! Maybe tomorrow will be better. Today, I'm gonna a nice walk at my own (read as "slow") pace. :-)

That's what I did... ATTEMPTED. Some people's walks are faster than my runs. I jogged some on the runs but ended up mostly walking as fast as I could which wasn't much. At least we are trying and we will get better as we go!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Updated list: let me know if I missed you!

HaleyAlli
    Katrob9
    Teebeegeebee
    StephanieDuckie
    KaeChelle
    Heathermrls
    Bethany7687
    OkieWorkout
    Mamato3inca
    Htuzzi324
    NDBee
    Breezey77
    Teemo
    Zelsawaf
    FierceFeline
    Skinnymeinaz
    Krostron
    Leslielove
    Cartina21
    Lynenz
    Nuttylou
    Purple1butterfly
    Margot18904
    JosieMars
    Ljc1057
    Utgirl1172
    Frida001
    Katmela
    Sarean
    Susuzz
    Daniedee81
    Wildmustng87
    Sim987
    X_sotonguetied
    Tatiana_13
    Chaparra81
    Allimax2002
    DEgal99
    Cjw6
    Leanz
    123nikki123
    Makers72
    Nessaanne86
    Breannk
    Angiemcgovern
    Fesse
    Kimnaaron4ever
    Breezymom81
    Kmarker8245
    Alisonlburrel
    Laulauwanwawa
    Cyndi146
    Alygoo615
    Cobylea
    Beesknees123
    Chika1978
    Jaybug77
    Slimrb2011
    Hgellings
    4milesat40
    Daisy71
    Tarah38
    Yary
    Vmarie20
    Jala9656
    NickyJones
    Pixietoes
    CeejayGee
    Melissaol
    Maryff
    Luvs_choc8
    Soogie_lynch
    Bells1990
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    good luck everyone!!!!
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    looking forward to my second run tomorrow :)
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Day two tomorrow, I am ready!!
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Oooooo I did a search for c25k because I have done this 2 days. Please can I join u guys? I really would like to see how I can getbthrough this. I looked to the coming weeks......wth 3 miles straight eventually? Really? Did anyone else have side stitch.THAT KILLS me every time oh and breathing :( legs feel great though.

Thanks lmk
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Good morning. I have been seeing this C25K on here and had no idea what it was. I just looked it up and am intrigued. I just downloaded the app for my iPhone and I am going to start day one this afternoon. Please add me to your list. Thank you.

There is an app for the iPhone? Yay what do I look for?
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Good morning. I have been seeing this C25K on here and had no idea what it was. I just looked it up and am intrigued. I just downloaded the app for my iPhone and I am going to start day one this afternoon. Please add me to your list. Thank you.

There is an app for the iPhone? Yay what do I look for?

C25K (Bluefin Software, LLLC...it's the Top App for and for an extra .99 you can get a gps for it, which I did purchase! Love it so far:) A little voice tells me when to walk and when to run and when I'm half way there! You can even share it on Facebook and Twitter.
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    W1 D2 for me today, i was a little sore today but not as tired...i just can not see how i am gonna run for so long without stopping but i am hopeful this works:)
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    W1 D2 for me today, i was a little sore today but not as tired...i just can not see how i am gonna run for so long without stopping but i am hopeful this works:)

Hey are you on the list? I can't find you... Doesn't matter, you can still be with us, I just like to keep track because I'm weird like that lol :) Thanks!
  • Yary
    Yary Posts: 28
    Options
    Just completed W2 D1..it was harder but was a good push. It was a lot easier to completed W1 D3 then I expected so I was up to the challenge of starting week 2. Idk if this is happening to anyone else but my shins cramp up a bit while walking but are completely fine during the jogging parts. Ive been stretching before/after and invested in a good pair of trainers...Any ideas?
  • krostron
    krostron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just completed W1D1!!! Wasn't near as bad as I thought I would do...I feel awesome now!!! Bad thing is I did it late and I'm wired now so may have to switch to doing it before work in mornings! lol :tongue:
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just completed week 2 and now onto week 3 Day 1. This should be interesting. But i am determined to get theorugh this
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 done. Calves ached in first run but OK after that.

Now TMI - my tummy has been very "irritable" since Monday(first run), wondered if I should have taken toilet paper with me Anybody know if this settles as you go on??

Thanks
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 done. Calves ached in first run but OK after that.

Now TMI - my tummy has been very "irritable" since Monday(first run), wondered if I should have taken toilet paper with me Anybody know if this settles as you go on??

Thanks

I've had the same kind of troubles, might be "runner's diahrrea" :sick: Hate to tell ya, but I think that only gets worse... You might want to watch what you eat beforehand (if you eat anything before it at all)...
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    [/quote} I've had the same kind of troubles, might be "runner's diahrrea" :sick: Hate to tell ya, but I think that only gets worse... You might want to watch what you eat beforehand (if you eat anything before it at all)...
    [/quote]

Thank you :embarassed: