FireRunners (C25K May 9th group) Week 1!!

Options

Replies

• saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Good morning. I have been seeing this C25K on here and had no idea what it was. I just looked it up and am intrigued. I just downloaded the app for my iPhone and I am going to start day one this afternoon. Please add me to your list. Thank you.

There is an app for the iPhone? Yay what do I look for?

C25K (Bluefin Software, LLLC...it's the Top App for and for an extra .99 you can get a gps for it, which I did purchase! Love it so far:) A little voice tells me when to walk and when to run and when I'm half way there! You can even share it on Facebook and

Twitter.

Thank you so much!! Just bought it can't wait to use it!!!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    W1D1 again!! Ran on the trail today. it was definitly harder than the track cause of the gravel and the uneven ground. Still a struggle to get through the 1 min jog. This is my third week on week one I thought it would get easier by now. Kinda getting frustrated. I dont want to quit and I didnt expect to get it in 9 weeks straight but I'd like to be able to get through the jogging intervals w/o feeling like I'm gasping for air. I dont know will do D2 on Thursday on the track this time.
    My Stats for today: Did c25k on trail. repeat W1D1 for the 3rd time
    3.45 Miles 1:05:35 5545 Steps
    Mile1 16:30 Mile2 19:59 Mile3 20:20
  • imxawesome
    imxawesome Posts: 9
    Options
    I'd love to join!

I just did W1D1 on Sunday and I'm trying to work the rest of week 1 in this week, it's a bit challenging though with school and work since it's finals week.

But I'd love to join a group to try and be accountable and provide/get support as well :)
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    W1D1 again!! Ran on the trail today. it was definitly harder than the track cause of the gravel and the uneven ground. Still a struggle to get through the 1 min jog. This is my third week on week one I thought it would get easier by now. Kinda getting frustrated. I dont want to quit and I didnt expect to get it in 9 weeks straight but I'd like to be able to get through the jogging intervals w/o feeling like I'm gasping for air. I dont know will do D2 on Thursday on the track this time.

Hang in there Cartina. When I started running I had a hard time too. I finally got with a trainer who said "you're running too fast". That didn't really seem possible to me. But when she convinced me to slow down to what looked like the grandma shuffle, sure enough I could run a quarter mile and not lose my breath. But then running more was out of the question. You've got to let your body adjust. This is a great program because it takes you in minute by minute. If you can't run the full minute, try slowing your pace. If you still can't run the full minute, take heart, walk until the next time to run comes up and then run as far as you can. You are training your body for something it never had to do before. That is hard work!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options

Was that all in one day?? Gosh no wonder you're tired lol! I'm only doing the 20 minutes for now... That's all I can manage haha.

Today was tougher than Monday because I didn't get good sleep... I barely made it through, but I did it! Went 1.4 miles in 23 minutes... Yeeeah I'm really unfit haha :P I'll probably have to repeat week 1 but that's ok! This is all about growth!
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2
    managed to cover 5k tonight
    did 3k in 23mins 44secs so managed to get my self further than i could believe my total for monday including warm down was 3.7kms
    come on!

have read some of the earlier posts

don't despair if you are sore, tired or unable to hit the timers - I am returning to running after 20 years time out - so it takes time, I have been out walking every day for the last 12 weeks to improve my general fitness and now im taking my first few steps it is hard.....
    Things to remember - it does hurt - listen to your body , drink lots of water every day - regardless of your exercise plan. try and stretch your leg muscles before you even start walking and try to walk for a little longer than the program at the end and stretch again before you cool down too much
    this is not a competition we are here for each other - every result is a win no matter what the ret of us do/achieve we are all winners as we will each get healthy at our own pace
    Do not go near the sports energy drinks - sugar loaded and for serious competative athletes not us amateurs ( no offence meant )
    Have fun, be safe and lets all get to run 5k!
    two thoughts for you today

"What did the spider email to the fly?
    Visit my Web site! "

and
    “Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals.”
    -Aristotle
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my off day. I went for a brisk walk. Tonight i run. W1 D2 .Im excited for it.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Good job everybody whatever week/day you are on.

Last night did W3D1 and it really kicked my butt. My whole body feels like it has been run over by a Mac truck. I only did 1.6 miles in 25 minutes and then continued to brisk walk to finish the 3 miles. It can only get better. Today is going to be a leisurely walk or bike ride and some strength training.

Hope everybody has a great day.
  • wildmustng87
    Options
    great job everyone! I want to do W1D2 tonight but I am stil quite sore from Monday (did yardwork yesterday that I'm sure didn't help with my soreness). I'm not sure if I should try to do it or not?
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Did my second run of Week 1 this morning - feeling so great about myself! I admit that sometimes in the middle I start to get worried about the longer jogging intervals to come, but then I forcibly push those thoughts away, and tell myself, "You're here now. Just keep going forward."

I sprinted the last 30 seconds of today's last run, in a kind of "Oh yeah? Show me whatcha got!" kind of foolhardy game with myself. How crazy is that? Me - sprinting! Wild.

I'm really enjoying this. :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Amy
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Did my second run of Week 1 this morning - feeling so great about myself! I admit that sometimes in the middle I start to get worried about the longer jogging intervals to come, but then I forcibly push those thoughts away, and tell myself, "You're here now. Just keep going forward."

I sprinted the last 30 seconds of today's last run, in a kind of "Oh yeah? Show me whatcha got!" kind of foolhardy game with myself. How crazy is that? Me - sprinting! Wild.

I'm really enjoying this. :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Amy

LOL....I LOVE it! Great attitude :happy:
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options

You'll get there in time, just keep pushing through like you're doing and DON"T give up! :flowerforyou: You'll get through the running intervals once you build up your cardio endurance and you'll build up your endurance if you stick with it! :bigsmile:
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    W1D2 today!! I am gonna run outside this evening
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Babe, you are doing great, because you're still doing it! Every day that we push ourselves, ignoring the "But I can't!" in our heads - is a victory.

I agree with a previous poster who suggested slowing your jogging pace, I go super-slow when I do the jog intervals. Adding that little "bounce" to a brisk walk that turns it into a slow jog makes a huge difference in raising my heart rate, working those large muscle groups in my lower body, and building stamina.

Doesn't matter how many weeks we repeat, what matters is that we keep going. :)
  • Makers72
    Makers72 Posts: 65
    Options
    Try not to repeat weeks or days. If we all are doing week one correctly, we will all be winded and tired (when it says run, RUN!)

I did this program a few years ago, the first week i didnt push myself and it seemed very easy, well as i got to later weeks it kicked my butt because i didnt try hard enough in the earlier weeks.
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    good morning everyone! looks like we're all doing AWESOME! keep it up :)

really wanted to run outside today, but the rain is gonna keep me inside again. ohhh well, what can you do, right?

regardless, i'm excited for week 1 day TWO!!

stay strong you firerunners! :)
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    Just a suggestion, "Like" The Couch-to-5K Running Plan on Facebook. They post tons of articles on various running topics & I'm learning so much about being a beginner runner (even though I ran track in high school).

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Today will be Day 2/Week 1 for me....I thought I was going to die on Monday for Day 1...LOL Very out of shape....yesterday I walked with my daughter...I am very sore but am going to do day 2 today..wish me luck....Once I can breathe again I feel so great afterwards but during I have to keep motivating myself to push on through....just some advice...the iPhone app for C25K is awesome and it encourages you and gives you updates like, "10 more seconds of running and you only have one more minute of running left"...I need that...
  • wildmustng87
    Options
    Just reposting my question; :blushing:

I'm still sore from running monday (and then yardwork yesterday)... Should I still try to do day two today? Thanks!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Just reposting my question; :blushing:

I'm still sore from running monday (and then yardwork yesterday)... Should I still try to do day two today? Thanks!

If you can do it, yes it will actually work out the stiff muscles. You know the hair of dog is the only cure thing! I am sore as well, C25K Monday, spin yesterday but I will run tonight and get it out!!