no wonder i was/am fat...

Options

Replies

• QueerAbuela
    QueerAbuela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    my typical breakfast just a month ago consisted of a candy bar, coca-cola, and whatever bag of chips I was craving that day! It feels so gross to think back on, I'm so glad I've changed my nasty college ways! It's certainly nice to not be constantly bloated and miserable.
  • loetoe
    Options
    It's really bad that everyones bad habits are making me really hungry :neutral_face:
    I used to eat fast food for lunch and dinner every day. Fries and chicken sandwiches were my life. Also pizza. I could eat a whole pizza to myself. Maybe even two pizza's. My husband was the worst before we quit fast food he would have 2-3 burgers in one "meal" and then more at the next. Literally junk food junkies! We have been clean for over a year now!
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing all of these. It helps to think back about how far I have come!
  • Miso907
    Miso907 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My most shameful food confession: I ate an entire 54 ounce bag of Peanut M&M's in a day. 7,750 calories in 8.5 hours.

My crappy person/wife/parent food confession: We ate fast food or take out (usually McDonald's or Domino's Pizza) 4 to 5 nights a week. The other days were processed meals in a box. I hadn't made a home cooked meal in over six months.

I also had a nasty habit of drinking two (and sometimes three) grande quad shot white chocolate mocha with whip, of course, in a day.

It completely amazes me that my entire family isn't morbidly obese or diabetic.
  • loetoe
    Options
    Oh another thing that doesn't help, using the weekend as an excuse to eat and drink whatever you want! "oh I ate good all week but its the weekend so now im going to eat 5 million calories" *facepalm
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Id do the Domino's deal where you get a medium pizza and another dish for 5.99. I'd eat it all myself, washed down with 40oz of mountain dew.

I work in a restaurant with a soda fountain. I always had a 20 oz cup of soda in my vicinity. Probably drank 200-300 oz of soda just at work every day.

I would buy entire boxes of cookies at the bakery and eat the whole thing. Sometimes, I would open it and eat them and drink soda while doing my shopping. You know you have a problem when you eat food while buying food! Having a cashier scan an empty cookie box was fun. I liked self checkout.

I used to view "all you can eat" as a challenge. Pizza buffets, all you can eat pancakes at Ihop, etc were my hunting grounds.

Nothing like gnawing through 15 or 20 pancakes slathered with butter and drowned in syrup washed down with an entire carafe of orange juice to start your day... Of sleeping on the couch.
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I was dating my now husband, we would order a stuffed crust pizza, quite often. And, the two of us would finish it in one meal. With breadsticks. We'd make chocolate peanut butter milk shakes at 2am, or if we didn't want to mess up the kitchen, we'd head to Steak and Shake and get a large milkshake. And, I'd wash it all down with Mountain Dew.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    This thread made me hongray
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Id do the Domino's deal where you get a medium pizza and another dish for 5.99. I'd eat it all myself, washed down with 40oz of mountain dew.

I work in a restaurant with a soda fountain. I always had a 20 oz cup of soda in my vicinity. Probably drank 200-300 oz of soda just at work every day.

I would buy entire boxes of cookies at the bakery and eat the whole thing. Sometimes, I would open it and eat them and drink soda while doing my shopping. You know you have a problem when you eat food while buying food! Having a cashier scan an empty cookie box was fun. I liked self checkout.

I used to view "all you can eat" as a challenge. Pizza buffets, all you can eat pancakes at Ihop, etc were my hunting grounds. When you stack pizza three slices deep on the plate because you are to lazy to walk up so often for more, that is sad.

Nothing like gnawing through 15 or 20 pancakes slathered with butter and drowned in syrup washed down with an entire carafe of orange juice to start your day... Of sleeping on the couch.

• hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Pasta. I have no portion control with pasta. I would make a pan of baked ziti (one box of noodles, a 4 cup bag of mozz cheese, 1lb of spicy ground sausage or hamburger meat, and red sauce) and could eat at least half of the pan in one sitting. I'm pretty sure I would have eaten it all if I was single and didn't have to share.

Portion control and eating out contributed a lot. Instead of eating until I was no longer hungry, I would eat until I was in pain.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My weight gain was really too many second helpings and no exercise. Not getting enough sleep and eating more to compensate for several years.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If McDonald's soft serve is reduced fat and surprisingly low-calorie for an entire ice cream cone, clearly their milkshakes must be, too!

Then there was that time I was convinced that because butter is a dairy product, it has lots of protein and calcium. Ergo, cookies are a health food.

And once upon a time, I was a foreign exchange student. Which is all you need to know about that.
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    sv9cs9obwjjo.jpg

Letting my eating habits be run by stress. Resulted in most dinners looking something like this- Yogurt, strawberries, ice cream, and an entire row of Girl Scout cookies.

Also, I too have eaten an entire little caesars pizza.

NO MORE!!!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I used to drive through the Wendy's on my way home at night and get a large double combo with a large dr pepper, eat it while driving home, hide the trash in the trash can in the back yard, then go in and eat a full dinner with the family. Ugh...... I told my wife about that recently and it made her sad. I now refer to that Wendy's as "The Biggest Loser Wendy's" :neutral_face:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I left the really bad behavior behind when I was still relatively thin. That was all when I was in high school... sleeves of Saltines with butter after school mainly.

My main problem as an adult was being a 5'1" woman and eating like a 6'4" man.
  • anask4
    anask4 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to make a triple decker pb&j sandwhich. 3 slices of bread. PB and Jelly on every side. and im talking like half a jar of peanut butter. It used to be huge...and I would down it in literally 2 minutes. and then i would proceed to eat lunch like an hour later.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    megsta91 wrote: »
    i was just thinking of the ridiculous habits i had before starting this weight loss journey..

like eating an entire stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut in one sitting.. two times a week!

lol can't believe admitted that. obviously that wasn't the only thing i did wrong (hello 100 pounds overweight).

does anyone else have any funny recollections about bad eating habits they would like to share?

I used to do the same with pizza. I would eat a whole stuffed crust, and that would be my dinner, and then I would have dessert, lol. Ah yes, dessert. I could easily eat a whole pan of brownies in one night. Ya, it's no surprise I was almost 300 pounds at one point. Go figure. I still have my brownies and pizza, but just in regular portions. :)

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Round one of weight gain: going out to restaurants 4/7 nights - Indian, Thai, Italian, French, Moroccan, fusion, whatever, fatty fat fat fat stuff, lotsa lots lots lots of all of it - and having 2-3 glasses of wine every time, and dessert sometimes. And, huge bacon and egg sandwiches (on something the size and density of a ciabbatta) and a full-fat latte with lots of sugar for breakfast, every day.

Round two (mild regain after injury): just relying on fast / convenience food way too often. McD's, pizza, poutine, something like that either every day or every other day, plus no exercise.

Commonality: lazy as fk.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Oh, and who could forget, I'd buy the store-bought icing meant for cakes (Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, whatever) and eat the ENTIRE THING with a spoon.

Yes, really.

I still do this. Ahem.