What kind of bread do you eat ?

Options
124»

Replies

• shaddowstorm
    shaddowstorm Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I like Lawsons wholemeal bread a bit expensive to other brands but worth it, has a good fibre content. $5.80 at woolworths or $4.80 at coles (if you're in Australia) only negative is the packaging as its weird to handle and rips easily since it's paper and it doesn't fit into a normal 2 slice toaster need a long toaster.
  • 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I could probably live on bread, San Francisco extra sourdough slathered with butter especially. That was one of my downfalls and one of the things I had to give up on a regular basis. Now instead of routine a couple of times a week, I use it as a treat a couple of times a month. Other than that, I'm not a big bread eater.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer Bread Good Seed. So friggin good.
    It's 140 cals but filling. I've been having open face with mayo Dijon ham and cheddar in the toaster oven every day.
  • fzermer
    fzermer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'd hurt someone for some biscuits right about now.
  • goblue8426
    goblue8426 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start making my own but we typically eat Brownberry 100% whole wheat.
  • OrganicCat
    Options
    Whole Foods 365 Early Bird Organic Multi-Seed bread. It's the best bread ever. Other than that, I make our bread.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I hardly eat any bread. But when I do it's sourdough
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I like ALL the breads. Except white. Holy aftertaste, batman. I think my favorite is rye, more specifically Ginsburg's rye
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I like Sara Lee's 45 calories a slice.

Is there a Safeway near you, because their store brand wheat, which is a couple of bucks cheaper than the Sara Lee 45 they sell, is 90 calories per serving. But a serving is two slices rather than one. A friend of mine noticed this. I don't know about the other specs, like sugar and sodium though. I have been eating Milton's Whole Grain Plus. 90 calories per slice. Mostly because I shop at Trader Joes, but it is super yummy. So far it is working out fine. I am managing to lose eating it several times per week, sometimes more than once per day.

IN!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    heavily buttered!
    My kind of person!

I eat all types, I have a yummy focaccia right now. Typically I go for a Bavarian re bread with poppyseeds. It's really good toasted (with butter of course).
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What kind of bread dose everyone eat , which do you think is the best ?

It depends on what I'm using it for. I eat various kinds of bread and some are better for certain things than others. I'm not really loyal to a particular brand of bread.

For me, a pbj sandwich is on whole wheat bread. Pumpernickle is nice for peanut butter, cheese or meat sandwiches. A grilled cheese sandwich might be better with sourdough bread. Homemade oatmeal bread or beer bread might be the best thing with soup. Naan is great with Indian food but also makes a nice pizza crust. Pita bread and tortillas are kind of multi-use breads too.