Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    EAsh84 wrote: »
    I can't say for sure but think about it this way, if you had to choose between eating chocolates or chips....100% sure your better with the banana :p

Why? If you've already hit your macros for the day, a banana can be more calories than a square or two of chocolate, which would put you over your deficit.

@ arditarose....sorry this has nothing to do with my comment, just comparing which would be better out of the 3

It has everything to do with your comment. I'm asking you why the banana would be better?

Why do you care so much? Are we not allowed to share on here? Move on.

And, I do care. I actually want to know why it's the better choice. Perhaps I'm missing something.

i want to know too ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I can't say for sure but think about it this way, if you had to choose between eating chocolates or chips....100% sure your better with the banana :p

Why? If you've already hit your macros for the day, a banana can be more calories than a square or two of chocolate, which would put you over your deficit.

@ arditarose....sorry this has nothing to do with my comment, just comparing which would be better out of the 3

It has everything to do with your comment. I'm asking you why the banana would be better?

And, I do care. I actually want to know why it's the better choice. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Probably because it is more nutrient dense than a couple squares of chocolate? ?

I guess. But it's a generalization. Especially since the OP said that bananas do not fill her up. I eat dark chocolate and it helps me hit my fat macros.

If the OP ate a banana, some chocolate, eggs, chicken, rice, vegetables in here day is it then bad because chocolate??? Pleeeeeaaase..

these ridiculous statements about one food being better than another are just getting tiresome…

what matters is the overall diet...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP the answer is that it is neither good or bad ..it is just food..do with it as you choose...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Probably because it is more nutrient dense than a couple squares of chocolate? ?

I guess. But it's a generalization. Especially since the OP said that bananas do not fill her up. I eat dark chocolate and it helps me hit my fat macros.

If the OP ate a banana, some chocolate, eggs, chicken, rice, vegetables in here day is it then bad because chocolate??? Pleeeeeaaase..

these ridiculous statements about one food being better than another are just getting tiresome…

The key to successful weight loss and maintenance.
  • ndj1979
    Options

agreed…

if we just ate food in a vacuum then maybe saying one is better than the other might make sense….
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

agreed…

if we just ate food in a vacuum then maybe saying one is better than the other might make sense….

I'm not sure why, but the thought "I wonder if there is a vacuum-sealed food only diet people do to make sure all food is kept at its freshest and highest nutrient density" came to mind reading this post. Then I was sad, because there probably is :( The other thought was "I don't think I can fit in my Dyson..."

I'm pretty much anti-banana because the smell of them when they're over-ripe makes me want to gag, but I agree with previous posters; if you want one, and it fits your cals/macros/yellow-food-only-diet, then sure. If not, then don't. Just be aware of grazing afterwards if you think you're more hungry after you eat one.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    No food is "good" or "bad" for weight loss. It's just food. If it fits in your calorie goal, eat it if you want. If you eat too many bananas, you'll gain weight from eating too many calories, but the fact that they're banana-calories is completely irrelevant.

Pretty much this
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we've made a 3 page thread about bananas B):#
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I can...
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Never eat a yellow banana, its pure starch. Always eat it when it has brown spots, then its pure carb!

Yes! If people would get rid of their prejudices about a brown banana (which is really the ripened form) and would just eat them, they would be delighted. Green bananas aren't very good at all.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I hate brown bananas
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Never eat a yellow banana, its pure starch. Always eat it when it has brown spots, then its pure carb!

Yes! If people would get rid of their prejudices about a brown banana (which is really the ripened form) and would just eat them, they would be delighted. Green bananas aren't very good at all.

But, but the greener ones taste better :D

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat something you don't really like. Personally, I love a nice banana!
  • Kazzsjourney2
    Kazzsjourney2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana every day with peanut butter or tahini...never inhibited my weight loss
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When I was young, my Mom wrapped bacon around bananas and fried them...warm mushy bananas...not good.
  • arditarose
    Options
    When I was young, my Mom wrapped bacon around bananas and fried them...warm mushy bananas...not good.

I never heard of this! You didn't like it?
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we've made a 3 page thread about bananas B):#

I'm sure there are worse threads than ones about bananas that have gone for longer than 3 pages.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana almost every single morning and have had no issues losing weight unless I was eating over my deficit. Which has nothing to do with the banana in particular.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Bananas are neither good nor bad. It comes down to personal preference.

Banana hammocks, on the other hand? Always bad. I hope we can all agree on that much.
  • arditarose
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Bananas are neither good nor bad. It comes down to personal preference.

Banana hammocks, on the other hand? Always bad. I hope we can all agree on that much.

Let's agree to disagree here.