I cannot gain weight.. CANT DO IT ;(

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    In fairness, I do always have an ice cream and a pizza hoard in my freezer..I don't like to be without. Haha. I just don't eat it all day err'day.

hoarder ….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    isocom79 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    it so wrong, I can't even correct it...

So wrong you can't correct it..but why not? If you have the knowledge, experience, or are yourself a nutritionist / doctor...why not correct him?

I am going to go out on a limb and say those who say he is wrong simply can't correct him. Because they don't know any better themselves (i.e. the above quoted poster).

I'd like to know why you should horde ice cream, pizza, and other things is the 'way to go' if you are a hard gainer?

The funniest part about your post is that the people you are claiming don't know any better themselves are some of the more knowledgeable and successful people around here. You just arrived and think you have the ability to pass judgement on what we know.

Nice strawman with the horde ice cream comment. We've never seen anyone try to debate using that tactic before. Never.

only like a hundred times a day ...
  • isocom79
    isocom79 Posts: 9
    edited February 2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Nobody said anything about hording ice cream and pizza..having these things as part of an otherwise nutritious diet is just fine and when trying to gain weight can be very beneficial.

I did a bulk starting in the early fall and through the new year...I needed to consistently get around 3200ish calories per day...I still ate my 6-8 servings of fruit and veg per day...my whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats...but to consistently hit my calorie targets required me to have some "junk"...note I said some...I know how people like to translate that as "nothing but twinkies all day long."

Also, if I'm hitting on all of my nutrition, how do I benefit from more broccoli?

I understand that increase in caloric intake as well as anyone. I just don't understand the immediate recommendation of ice cream and like high calorie foods that carry with them potential issues with lactose or gluten intolerance.

And considering you are quite obviously upset that someone recommends healthier alternatives that supplementing with ice cream and cake...
  • ndj1979
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Nobody said anything about hording ice cream and pizza..having these things as part of an otherwise nutritious diet is just fine and when trying to gain weight can be very beneficial.

I did a bulk starting in the early fall and through the new year...I needed to consistently get around 3200ish calories per day...I still ate my 6-8 servings of fruit and veg per day...my whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats...but to consistently hit my calorie targets required me to have some "junk"...note I said some...I know how you idiots like to translate that as "nothing but twinkies all day long."

Also, if I'm hitting on all of my nutrition, how do I benefit from more broccoli?

I understand that increase in caloric intake as well as anyone. I just don't understand the immediate recommendation of ice cream and like high calorie foods that carry with them potential issues with lactose or gluten intolerance.

And considering you are quite obviously upset that someone recommends healthier alternatives that supplementing with ice cream and cake...

now you are just being intentionally obtuse…

if you don't have a gluten or lactose intolerance then what does it matter? OP never mentioned any medical condition...

Good luck bulking on fish, chicken, rice, and vegetables.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I did a bulk starting in the early fall and through the new year...I needed to consistently get around 3200ish calories per day...I still ate my 6-8 servings of fruit and veg per day...my whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats...but to consistently hit my calorie targets required me to have some "junk"...note I said some...I know how you idiots like to translate that as "nothing but twinkies all day long."

So someone is just going to magically develop gluten and lactose intolerance overnight...pretty sure most people are going to know if they have that already...derp.
  • isocom79
    isocom79 Posts: 9
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You're funny.
    I don't see what the problem with having pizza and/or ice cream as part of a balanced diet (diet referring to what a person eats). Pizza and ice cream have nutrition and are calorie dense to boot, so I would think they would be ideal for someone who is having trouble gaining weight. No one, not a single person here, is making the claim that one should only eat ice cream and pizza.
    What are your credentials? Where are you getting your information from?

I really need to see about changing my username...I'm getting tired of randoms addressing me by my first name like they know me.

Not sure why you are so offended when someone has a different idea than you. And not one person here (including me) is saying you should only eat ice cream and cake or fruits and vegetables. My recommendation is always speak with a nutritionist and understand both your metabolic rate and water retention %. Then as always you need to know if (especially if you have trouble gaining weight) you have medical conditions or food allergies that complicate your diet.

And my credits include being a hard gainer for the better part of 20 years. Even eating all the things including ice cream, cookies, pizza, 'just to get the calories'. They also include having multiple family members with stage 4 celiac disease qualifies me to question all your recommendations.

Everyone has different experiences, problems as well as solutions. So if anyone here whom has espoused their opinions would like to list their credentials be my guest.
  • ndj1979
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You're funny.
    I don't see what the problem with having pizza and/or ice cream as part of a balanced diet (diet referring to what a person eats). Pizza and ice cream have nutrition and are calorie dense to boot, so I would think they would be ideal for someone who is having trouble gaining weight. No one, not a single person here, is making the claim that one should only eat ice cream and pizza.
    What are your credentials? Where are you getting your information from?

I really need to see about changing my username...I'm getting tired of randoms addressing me by my first name like they know me.

Not sure why you are so offended when someone has a different idea than you. And not one person here (including me) is saying you should only eat ice cream and cake or fruits and vegetables. My recommendation is always speak with a nutritionist and understand both your metabolic rate and water retention %. Then as always you need to know if (especially if you have trouble gaining weight) you have medical conditions or food allergies that complicate your diet.

And my credits include being a hard gainer for the better part of 20 years. Even eating all the things including ice cream, cookies, pizza, 'just to get the calories'. They also include having multiple family members with stage 4 celiac disease qualifies me to question all your recommendations.

Everyone has different experiences, problems as well as solutions. So if anyone here whom has espoused their opinions would like to list their credentials be my guest.

so you have no credentials…got ya...
  • isocom79
    Options

The funniest part about your post is that the people you are claiming don't know any better themselves are some of the more knowledgeable and successful people around here. You just arrived and think you have the ability to pass judgement on what we know.

Nice strawman with the horde ice cream comment. We've never seen anyone try to debate using that tactic before. Never.

I am happy they are successful, I really am. That however...as my 'just arriving' has no relevance on my ability to judge someone else's recommendations. Nor does just arriving mean my recommendations or questions have any less credibility than anyone else's.

• ndj1979
    Options

I am happy they are successful, I really am. That however...as my 'just arriving' has no relevance on my ability to judge someone else's recommendations. Nor does just arriving mean my recommendations or questions have any less credibility than anyone else's.

based on your posts in here, you should of just staid out as you have offered zero substance…

all you have done is make straw man arguments...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Emily and Wheelhouse why is it so hard to explain why you should eat ice cream, pizza, etc for added calories? Why not focus on clean healthy alternatives? You can get plenty of calories for things other than dairy products.

And besides that...clearly neither of you have the credentials to defend your assertions nor apparently the mental fortitude to explain them either. Is it really that big of a deal to simply explain why you recommend what you recommend? Or can you only recommend what someone else recommended via the grapr vine?

I passed my micro bio, neuro phys, and bio chem courses. I don't need to go to a cheap magazine article, but your debating skills are as bad as they come.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9g4peWqn21qinu0d.gif

You guys are really going to make me clean again, aren't you?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ok, we're back in business, please find a way to express your feelings for one another in a way that keeps with the following guideline. No, really, be creative, it'll be fun, I promise.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Please keep it on topic and without insults, because this was the one and only thread clean-up. Further violations will result in Angry Triangle Face and withholding of JLaw gifs.

Modern-Family-I-Hate-Cleaning.gif
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    maybe some whole foods, whole milk yogurt, almond butter, peanut butter, avocado. You can eat 3,000 calories in those foods quickly.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    people who think they eat a lot generally don't

Perception is a funny thing and you see it a lot on the weight loss side too.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    people who think they eat a lot generally don't

Perception is a funny thing and you see it a lot on the weight loss side too.

agreed