Eat junk or nothing?

Options

Replies

• tlw7
    tlw7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    And next time I will definitely pack more snacks that I don't mind eating...ran out last time.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    What are you considering junk?

Why would this matter in regards to the OP's question? Why must we get hung up on a generic undefined term? Just imagine something you don't want to eat and then decide would you eat it anyway or wait till food you did want to eat was available.

because I want to know what OP defines as "junk"...

it really is cute that you follow me around like a little puppy dog commenting on my comments....

Oh, are you 'Liftng4Lis'?
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I run into this from time to time with my own family as well as my in laws. If there is going to food that I don't are for, I just eat before I go over or bring a dish that I know I'll enoy. My issue is more that they can't cook vs. junk lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Why would this matter in regards to the OP's question? Why must we get hung up on a generic undefined term? Just imagine something you don't want to eat and then decide would you eat it anyway or wait till food you did want to eat was available.

it really is cute that you follow me around like a little puppy dog commenting on my comments....

are you having problems reading the screen name on the screen?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

are you having problems reading the screen name on the screen?

You are funny. Click on 'show previous quotes'
  • erbfrench62
    erbfrench62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    I can imagine the reaction if I brought my own food to my mother-in-laws.

Food is food, eat it, log it, move on.

Within the confines of a balanced diet nothing in moderation should be off limits.

• erbfrench62
    erbfrench62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My daughters boyfriend brings his own food & I find it insulting. Everyone talks about him when they leave. I think you could find something to nible on.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why must you choose junk or starvation?

Is it impossible to stash a few apples/packets of single serving nut butters/granola bars in your bag before you visit?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

Within the confines of a balanced diet nothing in moderation should be off limits.

I remember back when I allowed other people's perceptions of me stop me from doing what I really wanted to do, too.

I wasted a lot of years being miserable.

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    My daughters boyfriend brings his own food & I find it insulting. Everyone talks about him when they leave. I think you could find something to nible on.

Why is someone's personal preference for food insulting?

I find talking about people behind their backs to be more insulting.
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    "ana3067 And what makes it "junk"? I ate ice cream, half a donut, 2 pieces of chocolate, and nutella today. I've eaten like this fr 8 months and lost 30lbs (taking the weight loss slow for my body composition goals). "

I don't know how to copy and paste people's comments -- so forgive me and someone tell me how to do it lol but ana3067. If I ate what you stated above, I would gain 30 lbs!

• Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    I am a MIL and I don't mind if anyone brings their own food to my home. Though if I know someone won't eat what I have I will try to accommodate their needs. My SIL eats gluten free and when he comes over I have gluten free options for him. I'm cool like that. B)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

QFT. If someone chooses to get insulted over something I do/don't put in my mouth (giggity) they are the one with the problem, not me. I refuse to let it affect me. Sorry I'm not sorry.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

My BIL and his girlfriend were doing slimming world and used to bring their own food to my MIL's. I eat whatever she makes. It's not like it was 'junk' either, just things like spaghetti or curry and rice, so it seems silly not to eat it. I did, however, take my own coffee as I can't stand cheap coffee!

If you've burned 700 calories running then you need to eat something, so I'm sure something she has isn't too bad.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    "ana3067 And what makes it "junk"? I ate ice cream, half a donut, 2 pieces of chocolate, and nutella today. I've eaten like this fr 8 months and lost 30lbs (taking the weight loss slow for my body composition goals). "

I don't know how to copy and paste people's comments -- so forgive me and someone tell me how to do it lol but ana3067. If I ate what you stated above, I would gain 30 lbs!

Click on 'Quote' underneath the comment to which you are replying, and it will automatically be pasted into the reply box. Then you just type your reply under and post.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    P.S if I asked people I know what the term 'junk food' refers to, I'm pretty sure they'd all say the same...burgers, chips, crisps, biscuits, chocolate, fast food etc. I'm not saying you can't eat it within a balanced diet, because of course you can, but this is what I assumed everyone would agree is classed as 'junk'. So why the constant questioning the op about her use of the word?
    Or maybe it's just different in England....
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

My BIL and his girlfriend were doing slimming world and used to bring their own food to my MIL's. I eat whatever she makes. It's not like it was 'junk' either, just things like spaghetti or curry and rice, so it seems silly not to eat it. I did, however, take my own coffee as I can't stand cheap coffee!

If you've burned 700 calories running then you need to eat something, so I'm sure something she has isn't too bad.

I totally bring my own coffee everywhere. My husband always makes fun of me.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

QFT. If someone chooses to get insulted over something I do/don't put in my mouth (giggity) they are the one with the problem, not me. I refuse to let it affect me. Sorry I'm not sorry.

I agree. I always bring my own food to both my mother's and my mother in law's homes. If it's for a meal, I always bring enough for everyone there, just in case they would like to have some too.
  • CamoGirl1985
    CamoGirl1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have run into this problem as well, but I think it is important to "re-fuel" a little bit after such a calorie burn. Most people have peanut-butter, bread, milk, apples, carrots, etc. as they are common staples in a pantry/fridge. Something like half a piece of toast with a Tbsp of PB and a glass of milk will go a long way (protein, fats, carbs). If this is what you consider junk, then I guess I can't help. Good luck!