Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15# to date, and noticed last night while laying in bed that I feel 'lighter'. Normally I have to hug a pillow to prevent myself from rolling forward or backward while on my side, but last night I actually stayed put!
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    On the cold thing, things Ive noticed:

- Cold drinks make me shiver. They never used to effect me at all, now they actively make me cold.
    - I find myself washing my hands randomly just to warm them up.
    - I find Ill get a cup of hot water even though Im not thirsty just to hold it for a while.
    - Im always tucking my shirt in to kill the draft that goes up my back/down my pants.
    - Im constantly taking my jumper off, then putting it back on, then off...

It drives me mad, especially as Ive always been one of those hot people who can go anywhere in a tshirt and not feel cold!
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Having to buy a new belt to hold my pants up.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have kind of had to relearn how to keep my balance. I'm used to hauling around 300+ lbs. and it doesn't take quite as much effort to move around at 200 lbs. A couple of months ago I face planted when I got up from the couch. I used a little too much force standing up and the momentum just kept me going forward until I was face down on the ottoman. My husband laughed so hard he cried.

:smile:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I just began my weight loss (4 pounds down is a start!) And i just wnted to thsnk you all. This thread is EXACTLY what i needed to keepme from eating everything in my kitchen this morning. I so look forward to most of these feelings, though I can't say I relish the idea of a sore bum and being cold all the time.

It's SO worth it! You do adjust to the cold somewhat and you also learn to take seat cushions with you or a pillow when possible!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »
    Newest ones for me ...

I remember now WHY kids run and play so often - because it's FUN and feels good! Yesterday, I was pushing a cart full of stuff from the store back to my car, and had a sudden urge to RUN while pushing the cart... So I did. It just felt fantastic that I CAN, and it didn't HURT, and when I got to the car, though I felt maybe a little silly to be a 40something year old man running across the Costco parking lot with a grocery cart full of stuff, I was grinning from ear to ear... Three months ago, If that thought had crossed my mind, it would have quickly been followed with "Better not.. my knee will hurt, I'll be sweaty and out of breath and I'll feel horrible for the rest of the day."

I just feel *better*.
    Every day tasks are easier.
    I have more focus.
    I wake up feeling more refreshed.
    I fall asleep easier.
    I am happier.

This makes me happy :):)

Same here! Good for you for letting yourself be YOU and enjoy the little things!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have kind of had to relearn how to keep my balance. I'm used to hauling around 300+ lbs. and it doesn't take quite as much effort to move around at 200 lbs. A couple of months ago I face planted when I got up from the couch. I used a little too much force standing up and the momentum just kept me going forward until I was face down on the ottoman. My husband laughed so hard he cried.

That is funny, I would have had to laugh too...after making sure you were ok of course :)
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just favourited this post. Whenever I'm feeling like reaching for the fridge I'm going to come read these!
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Has your sex life changed? My girl is just touching more parts of my arms and upper bodies and it just feels great and more complete....
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Cutting myself while shaving over my newly popping muscles. Too many times to count, I had to really SLOWWW it down.
  • ellieco
    ellieco Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today I got up into a wheel pose in yoga. It almost broke me, but I did it! Didn't have the strength to shift my fat butt up that way before.
    Now if only I could get into some of the finishing sequence without being suffocated by my own boobs...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!