hello..i'm trying to save a life..(mine)

Options

Replies

• chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Welcome John, I started at 330 lbs but mfp helped me to lose over 50 lbs and I have 126 to go. I can do it! I've already accomplished some non-scale victories I never thought I could at my current weight. I did my first 5k last Sat! Set some small goals/milestones for yourself and start conquering them one at a time! You can do it! I hope you find all the support you need. Stay positive, I think thats the key. I'm sending u a friend request.
    Laura
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Originally posted 05/15/11

james-franco-eyes.gif

thread necromancy!!!

John is no longer active on the site..just in case peeps haven't read the threads..........
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. my advice..track everything you eat even on days you go over the daily goal. dont cut down too fast and dont deprive yourself of any food groups...
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • db1106
    db1106 Posts: 42
    Options
    I sent you a request. Feel free to ask me anything you want on fitness and diet. I will do all I can to help and assist you in this journey. Good luck my friend, you can do this!

-David
  • BrokenButterfly
    Options
    Yeah I remember this guy... added him when this thread was actually posted. But he disappeared.
  • Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi John, I saw something that may help you. Don't think of the big number you have to lose - that can stop you in your tracks. :cry: Instead, just try to lose 1 lb - 300 (or whatever the number is) times. It's easier to achieve.

Hang in there and feel free to add me as a buddy. :) I'd be glad to help you keep motivated.

Nanette
  • deepestpuddle
    Options
    You've taken the first step! You can do it!
  • marianim35
    Options
    One day at a time...and don't give up! That goes for me as well :))
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. God bless you on this journey for a healthy life.
  • carolstartingover
    carolstartingover Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You have a lolng road ahead of you, but it is MUCH better than no road. You will keep learning new things. Like not to pile up diet books with a plate of snacks.(me before). Lying about not eating the free pie on Wed. at Baker's sq. (old me). I can burn all of this food off, yeah I am 55 and i am going to run around the entire City of Chicago. Jealous of other people's food, still a little bit like that, some things take time to change. My youngest is thin and she said something to me that clicked. "How long will it take you Mom to eat that donut"? I said "about 3 moinutes". She asked" how long does it take to burn it off"? Good point. We need to ask ourselves about the better choices taking longer to chew and fewer calories, but still some enjoyment. Good luck, stay with it and you will win!!
  • ddnyr
    ddnyr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    good luck to you! You took a major first step by starting this program. the message board is a great support system, it's great to see we are all not alone in this weight loss journey.
  • empot
    empot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Take it one day at a time, I started out over 300 lbs. I'm glad I started every day! Feel free to add me
  • db1106
    db1106 Posts: 42
    Options
    I just realized this thread is 1 1/2 years old. Hopefully he is down 100-150 pounds by now.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Yeah, hopefully....too bad he isn't active anymore.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    OMG !! Oak Park Johnnie is AWOL ?
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can do it :D
    Good Luck xx
  • john60644
    john60644 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    what does "class="strong">toan>o! " mean ???
  • georgie304
    Options
    what does "class="strong">toan>o! " mean ???

Welcome back.

I have no idea.

How are you doing?
  • john60644
    john60644 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well it took a few yrs but I finally did something about my weight, some would think it was a bit drastic, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I am currently on a juice reboot and have more than 62 days under my belt. My scale currently has me weighing just under 458 lbs. I want to thank everyone who offered great posts of encouragement. hope to see you on the other side :);)