hello..i'm trying to save a life..(mine)

Options
1235»

Replies

• MissMelissa514
    MissMelissa514 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You got this. We all have to start somewhere. Feel free to add me
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Good luck..
    Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I lost both my mum and brother to Type 2 diabetes so now as a prediabetic I am determined to lose the weight I need to lose in order to be slim and healthy again but mainly to prevent diabetes. I have lost 2kg already with intermittent fasting, eating the right foods and most of all mindset, be determined.

Your life, you as a person are precious to your loved ones. I focus on them more than I do on myself. I do this for them first and me second. Dont know if that is right or wrong but it works for me.

You can save your own life John I know you can do this.
  • john60644
    john60644 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 64: Doctor's check in, My care provider was very pleased with my results, my A1c went from 8.7 down to 7.0. I lost 56 lbs according to their scale weighing in at 459 lbs. My blood pressure has improved greatly according to my doc. I think overall I'm doing good, I'm sleeping better....am just better I guess.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    john60644 wrote: »
    Day 64: Doctor's check in, My care provider was very pleased with my results, my A1c went from 8.7 down to 7.0. I lost 56 lbs according to their scale weighing in at 459 lbs. My blood pressure has improved greatly according to my doc. I think overall I'm doing good, I'm sleeping better....am just better I guess.

Congrats on your successes so far!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good job for taking a stand for yourself!!!!! A few bits of advice - get a food scale and measuring cup and measuring spoons! Lots of people get on the community threads and post how they've been on MFP for a month and haven't lost anything - often times people are just 'eyeballing' the quantity of food they are eating and it is not an accurate account - then are upset because they haven't lost weight. The more accurate and disciplined you are about it the better the results will be! Also, drink a big glass of water before each meal. It will help you feel more satisfied with a smaller portion that you're use to! You can do this. Just have patience and be confident in yourself!!! Add me if you like for support!!!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    just take it a day at a time. keep logging. exercise how and when you can. just keep going, even when you feel discouraged (and you will at times) - it's worth it and we are all here to support you! feel free to add me as a friend!
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss. Try your hand at the logging and it'll be the best thing you've ever done.
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Also - one of the things I use for motivation is to log into www.ilostwhat.com as you go along and enter your total weight loss once a month! It tells you what your weight loss is equivalent to. for example, I think it says 3 pounds is a chihuahua, 8 lbs is a human head, etc.... it gives you a visual of the amount of weight that is actually gone from your body! It's a fun way to look at it. If you are on social media like facebook it will let you post it to your page so your friends can see it :)
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey! And remember to be patient, not only with your expectations with regards to results but with yourself as well. Most everyone I know has fallen off the wagon, so to speak, many times. Don't beat yourself up or get depressed if you have a bad day or even a few in a row. Just recommitt and keep going.

Also, making friends here on MFP can help tremendously. Having folks to cheer for and to cheer you on makes a huge difference. I love my MFP friends! :)
  • john60644
    john60644 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you guys are great ;)
  • 365toAwesome
    365toAwesome Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    john60644 wrote: »
    Well it took a few yrs but I finally did something about my weight, some would think it was a bit drastic, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I am currently on a juice reboot and have more than 62 days under my belt. My scale currently has me weighing just under 458 lbs. I want to thank everyone who offered great posts of encouragement. hope to see you on the other side :);)
    Awesome!!!
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Every goal starts with a step, right? :D You're on your way! Welcome to MFP!