WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2105

Options

Replies

• abbycassidy1
    Options
    Hi there, today, as I have blogged about, I was told my son's brain tumor is growing again. Type of tumor that could not be completely taken out through his brain surgery three years ago. I screwed up tonight, and did some emotional eating, I am only my third day in, and was and still am so gung ho, then this news came along and slapped me in the face. My main rant is : 'F' cancer, I hate you! As for my journey, I am not going to continue beating myself up, as I don't have control over cancer (in my heart of hearts i'd love to beat it down till it was dead) but I am learning to have control over what I eat and/or drink (had a glass of merlot and a piece of meat lovers pizza) so today is a new day, its 12:35 am, having trouble sleeping, so thought I would pop in and rant, sorry for the book :\ If any of you are praying women/families, please say one for my son, if not send positive thoughts our way for a second...... thank you and thanks for the welcomes!

Abbstinator
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,145 Member
    Options
    Abstinator - I can't sleep either. My DD informed me that she is thinking of getting a divorce. So sorry about your son. We will pray for him and your family. Take care of yourself and don't beat yourself up just get back on track. The women here will offer you a lot of support.

Mary from Minnesota
  • Gilly139
    Gilly139 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Abby - will definitely send prayers for your son. Best wishes for your on going struggle

Gilly, Suffolk
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,753 Member
    Options
    Morning sweet friends~
    I have to confess I have been out of control eating and it shows, I havent gotten on the scale, and most of the clothes I am squeezing in.. I have to gain control and get back on track..
    We have finally gotten the ok to go back and see my DFIL it has been 3 long weeks and I am Hoping he remembers us...
    Meg~ so sorry to hear about Benny Beagle and I do apologize but I busted out laughing when I heart he peed on a powerstrip.. Sooooo sorry that your having a tough time of it, wish I was closer to give you a BIG hug <3 .
    I was good this morning had fat free plain greek yogurt with a small fuji apple cut up in it with cinnamon and a cup of tea..
    we have contractors coming at 10 to check out the bathroom and get an estimate.. then we are off to Lowes to sign for the new range.. it will be installed next thursday... have the old one on Craigslist.. well 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow expected sunday night into monday.. and a 2 day on and off storm later in the week Swell!! I am sooooo ready for spring
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Prayers and good wishes for all of you who are going through difficult times.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Meg: :flowerforyou:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,071 Member
    Options
    absinator so sorry about your son. Prayers.

Mary my son went through a divorce. Prayers to you and your daughter.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :'( too much sad news this morning... <3 sending hugs to all of you....remember that if pizza could make the world's problems go away they'd all be gone by now...try to remember to stay in the moment.

<3 Barbie
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,145 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't sleep last night thinking about my DD I'm hoping they will seek counseling.

Off to DGS basketball tournament! That is such a fun time! Everyone have a great day!

Mary from Minnesota

• Socialwacker
    Socialwacker Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Abstinator - my heart aches for you. I have walked in shoes very similar to yours. Do whatever it takes to see you through, don't worry about emotional eating! You have more on your plate than most others will ever see. Never loose hope, never give up, you have no idea what tomorrow will bring. One day at a time was a mantra I lived by for 7 years. As hard as it seems right now, live everyday to its fullest with no regrets! Love deeply, laugh hard and most importantly - be kind to yourself. xoxo
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It's snowing here this morning. Soft, fluffy flakes. It's very pretty. We are supposed to get about six inches.

Here is today's joke of the day:
    :)

Farmer Joe was in his car when he was hit by a truck. He decided his injuries from the accident were serious enough to take the trucking company (responsible for the accident) to court. In court the trucking company's fancy lawyer was questioning farmer Joe. "Didn't you say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine'?" said the lawyer.

Farmer Joe responded, "Well I'll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favorite mule Bessie into the...." "I didn't ask for any details," the lawyer interrupted, "just answer the question."

"Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine'!"

Farmer Joe said, "Well I had just got Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road...."

The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the Highway Patrolman on the scene that he was just fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question."

By this time the Judge was fairly interested in Farmer Joe's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has to say about his favorite mule Bessie."

Joe thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my favorite mule, into the trailer and was driving her down the highway when this huge semi-truck and trailer ran the stop sign and smacked my truck right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other.

I was hurting real bad and didn't want to move. However, I could hear ole Bessie moaning and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans.

Shortly after the accident a Highway Patrolman came on the scene. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her, he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes.

Then the Patrolman came across the road with his gun in his hand and looked at me. He said, "Your mule was in such bad shape I had to shoot her. How are you feeling?"

:D
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Abstinator - my heart aches for you. I have walked in shoes very similar to yours. Do whatever it takes to see you through, don't worry about emotional eating! You have more on your plate than most others will ever see. Never loose hope, never give up, you have no idea what tomorrow will bring. One day at a time was a mantra I lived by for 7 years. As hard as it seems right now, live everyday to its fullest with no regrets! Love deeply, laugh hard and most importantly - be kind to yourself. xoxo
    -
    Copied from socialwacker: Perfect words. I feel the same. I wish I could hug you and offer whatever support you need. Take pictures if you think it will help, and make as many positive memories as possible. I will pray hard and often.

Terri in Milwaukee
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone ...checking in before DGD comes for the weekend. She is 18 months old and a real mover and shaker!! I bought sticker books yesterday for us to play with...DS said keep an eye on her - she sticks the stickers everywhere!! Oh yeah ..like he didn't do that when he was a kid!! I showed him his dresser! Yes I still have it in the spare bedroom :blush: each drawer holds the books for each group I volunteer with. She also loves music so maybe we will go downstairs and dance to a Leslie Sansone DVD...ha ha ...ulterior motive here... I need to get my steps in today after yesterdays "dead still" day!!!

Thoughts and prayers with everyone going through tough times.

Thinking about my goals for March. I have to challenge myself ... I would really like the scale to move. Walking seems to be the only way by jelly belly goes down... so the trampoline (rebounder) will be my friend for sure until I can get outside.

Take care everyone, will check in later when DGD has her nap.
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan <3
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Just marking my place.Looking for 3-5" of snow tomorrow,then in 50's by Tues to melt it.Today is sunny blue skies,so we are off to run errands & have a late lunch out. Have a great day.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good morning, ladies. I hope we can all create a good day for ourselves.

Thalvalee, Good for you! You should be proud. A fresh donut is one of those things, if face to face with, I would give it a good hard thought. Don’t you feel great when you take the opportunity to do the right thing?

Margaret, sorry to hear you and DH are under the weather. Sending get well wishes your way. And way to go on fixing the dishwasher. If that were my DH, we would be divorced by now. But then in our family, I’d probably be the one trying to repair it.

Lesley, good that you tossed MsNastyPants to the curb. Glad things are looking up and you are doing well. Hugs.

Yannie, I’m not clear? Did DH have any phone before this one? My DH has a simple flip phone but never has it with him. He does take it in the car in case of emergency, but doesn’t take it in any place with him, so if I need to call to tell him to bring something, he can’t answer. At home, if he’s upstairs the phone is downstairs. Who knows? I’m just glad your DH found it before WW III broke out. :)

Sylvia, loved the joke. I even told it to DH and he laughed. Thanks! And the next one, too.

Joyce, I’m sure you will enjoy the musical. What a great life to be a proud GM.

Sharon, I love the idea of your FB page. I’m not a walker but that sounds great.

Abbstinator, so sorry about your son. For sure you will both be in my thoughts and prayers. I can’t even imagine what you must be going through and I think it’s so strong to still be mindful of your eating through it all. Rant all you want and need.

Terri, so glad the knee is better already. I’ve been in a job with way too much drama and it can really take it out of you. Just try to remember that it’s just a job and not your whole life. (although sometimes it feels like it) Hope it passes soon. Hugs.

Selena, Happy Birthday. You look m a r v e l o u s! Enjoy your special day.

Kevrit, we definitely don’t want your coming here to feel like a chore. Just visit with us when it suites you and good luck on your journey.

I will do a full routine with my new straps and weights today. Even though most of the exercises are what I’ve been doing, it’s exciting for me to be using new equipment. I just like new things and rarely get them because already have what I need. DH still kids me about once saying that I like new grocery stores. I don’t do the grocery shopping and DH has been such a dear to make sure he gets what I need for my new healthy eating. When he makes a mistake, he’s the one that ends up eating it.
    I met all of my Feb goals except for weight but was within a pound of it. I’m just still happy and excited about this journey and trying new things. Anyone have a suggestion for using ground beef with green peppers?? I used to make a skillet dinner that turned out a lot like goulash but want to keep the calories as low as possible. Maybe I’ll just add extra veggies and make it anyway.

I'm sending positive thoughts to all with struggles and congrats to all with victories. Have a great day, ladies.

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pam_felt
    Options
    Hi again! I haven't posted since I joined but I will try to be better. I am starting an new personal year, turned 56 yesterday, and am determined to make this year better. A friend and I attended a women's wellness retreat put on by the YMCA last weekend and we learned so much. It was very powerful and empowering. I encourage all of you to seek out a program locally and attend. We learned to how to figure out what is going on with ourselves and how to deal with our issues. I have felt for a long time that I don't know who I am and where I am going. I am just been attending my life, not living it. Well, today is a new day and a new me, I will discover who I am and where I am going!

I wish everyone a great day!

Snowed in in North Texas and loving it (today),
    Pam

I cannot do good for others if I cannot do good for myself!

• SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Selena: Happy Birthday my friend! I love your thoughts on aging.

Abstinator: My thoughts and prayers are with you! Pizza and wine ain't so bad... don't beat yourself up.

I went to Tai Chi yesterday and made it through 75 minutes... yahoo! They are having a quick start beginners class this weekend... 4 hours today and 4 hours tomorrow. I'm going to try it since I'm having difficulty remembering any of the moves.

Thought for the day: In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Carey in Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Abstinator - so terribly sorry for you, your son and those who love him. <3

Mary - we always worry about our children, but it may be that, like me, she has an even better life ahead of her. :flowerforyou:

Meg - hang on in there! :#

Today we skyped the DGC. I think DGD reccognised us. DGS was his usual self! He is going bowling today on a friend's birthday party! He isn't 4 till May! ! ! ! !

Then I asked DDIL to suggest something g
    for her birthday in March and she pointed me to Boden for a tankini. I picked a stripy top and a spotty bottom and bought it with a 20% discount and free postage. Result! :love:
    Other than my exercises I have just read the newspaper and caught up with a tv programme. Going to catch up with Wolf Hall tonight as I've been saving it up.
    Tonight I'm using the last of the chicken in a red pepper, onion and garlic sauce with paprika, over roasted cauliflower. :D
    I've put the no knead bread back in the fridge as I can't be bothered to cook it tonight. The longer it ferments, the better the taste.

Love to all, Heather, who is holding onto her one pound weight loss, in the UK

1i1nkdl464w5.jpg

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    We have been inside all week with snow, ice and freezing rain. I’ve cleaned my kitchen and pantry. Two days I scrubbed all the grout in the house and yesterday we cleaned out the file cabinet. About to run out of things to do! Oh, and I even ironed! Must be bored.

Katia – I agree you should talk with your neighbor and tell her that zumba bothers your knee. I loved zumba but had to quit because of my foot problem. Hope to start again when it gets better. Glad DH is going to gym. He will find his way!
    DeeDee – so good to see you again. WE had snow for about 8 hours but it was very light but a fun thing for TX.
    Sylvia – funny joke, it’s true sometimes we can’t see the obvious.
    Selena – happy birthday. Since I’m over 70, I found your comments encouraging. I always tell my golfing friends that we are just lucky to be out there and not to worry about the score.
    Meg – ((((HUGS))))).
    Anamika = great month. Glad you are doing yoga again.
    Abbstinaor – so sorry to hear the news about your son. I will pray for him and his medical team.
    Pam – we got 2” but still have ice under it! Happy Birthday!
    Carey- enjoy your Tai Chi classes. Love your thought for the day.

SueBDew – TX

February Goals:
    1. Drink at least 6 cups of water a day. This has been hard for me this winter but I will do it
    2. Eat at least 5 fruits/veggies a day. This is something I must do!
    3. Begin strength training. Do 2x a week.`

February word: Choices (Thanks Joyce!)

27854289.pngSueBDew – TX
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi there, today, as I have blogged about, I was told my son's brain tumor is growing again. Type of tumor that could not be completely taken out through his brain surgery three years ago. I screwed up tonight, and did some emotional eating, I am only my third day in, and was and still am so gung ho, then this news came along and slapped me in the face. My main rant is : 'F' cancer, I hate you! As for my journey, I am not going to continue beating myself up, as I don't have control over cancer (in my heart of hearts i'd love to beat it down till it was dead) but I am learning to have control over what I eat and/or drink (had a glass of merlot and a piece of meat lovers pizza) so today is a new day, its 12:35 am, having trouble sleeping, so thought I would pop in and rant, sorry for the book :\ If any of you are praying women/families, please say one for my son, if not send positive thoughts our way for a second...... thank you and thanks for the welcomes!

Abbstinator