edited February 2015
    Options
    So tired of first emails that just say - "Write if you are interested"
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Online dating?
    who does that

I have :D Was very successful twice so far, long term relationships, but both were total randomness. Just met through online video games or in chatrooms. Every time I've actually *tried* to date online for real, awful failures XD

you must be very desperate

You're still mean, tony o.o
    ima tell Angie on you.
  • eggcluck
    eggcluck Posts: 36 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I tried dating websites for a couple of years, got no dates. I spent hours reading profiles and writing a custom message for each profile, in those two years I think only about three people bothered to give me a reply.

"I will reply to anyone that takes the time to write me a decent message and not just <Hi> I ignore those people". Saw a few of those profiles, of course they never replied to me, got my blond haired blue eyed brother just to send a <Hi> ,....they replied with an essay.
  • bggghmnr
    bggghmnr Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    On our date, he asked outright if I found him attractive. I said yes (what else do you say?), and he said "you're not really my type, but I guess you'll do".
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    bggghmnr wrote: »
    On our date, he asked outright if I found him attractive. I said yes (what else do you say?), and he said "you're not really my type, but I guess you'll do".

dafuq..

I would have let out a sigh of relief and said "Oh good, I only said yes to be nice, so we both agree. GOODBYE!!"
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    He was a 27 year old virgin..........enough said
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    kershaann wrote: »

I don't see the issue
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »

I don't see the issue

Neither do I
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    eggcluck wrote: »
    I tried dating websites for a couple of years, got no dates. I spent hours reading profiles and writing a custom message for each profile, in those two years I think only about three people bothered to give me a reply.

"I will reply to anyone that takes the time to write me a decent message and not just <Hi> I ignore those people". Saw a few of those profiles, of course they never replied to me, got my blond haired blue eyed brother just to send a <Hi> ,....they replied with an essay.

Awe!! You know, I hear this a lot from guys, and I try to give it from a ladys point of view, well...at least mine, though I'm sure Im not the only one.

At one time, if I was not interested, I would do the guy the courtesy of responding, let him know I appreciate him reaching out but dont believe we are a match and wish him all the very best.... I can count on one hand the amount of times a guy has either replied being courteous, or let it go and didn't respond..both fine.

The *majority* of the time, things go downhill from there... "why? Tell me what you dont like about me?","Oh, you think youre too good for me?", "I deserve to know exactly why, you aren't even giving this a chance", "*insert any string of cursewords and derogatory terms for women here followed by* ...YOUR LOSS!"... oh, and a lot of guys use the...."I'm the best thing that could have ever happened to you!"

But..it woudlnt even be so bad if they reacted like that and then moved on..nope. Usually, they will continue to write and harrass me...So yeah, when I'm not in the mood to have my butt handed to me for trying to be polite, I don't respond at all if I'm not interested.

All that being said...there was one guy who I had declined..his response was so sweet, courteous and humourous that I was too impressed to resist. We did end up meeting, and unfortunately, my initial gut reaction was right. All the same, if more guys took it in stride like that, and didnt take it so personally, it could lead to a second chance that may actually lead to something.
  • vickyaida
    vickyaida Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't rule out online dating
  • stephaniels0416
    stephaniels0416 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »

I don't see the issue

Neither do I

Me either.
  • nowweseeyou
    nowweseeyou Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Oh ya @vickyaida‌?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Evan Marc Katz, a dating coach, says it took him 10 years to meet his now wife. After six months of not even a nibble, I'm not sure I have the stamina.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Evan Marc Katz, a dating coach, says it took him 10 years to meet his now wife. After six months of not even a nibble, I'm not sure I have the stamina.

h5YJdPfkSbcRO.gif
  • vickyaida
    vickyaida Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Oh yeah
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Online dating?
    who does that

I have :D Was very successful twice so far, long term relationships, but both were total randomness. Just met through online video games or in chatrooms. Every time I've actually *tried* to date online for real, awful failures XD

Nope, not sure why you'd say that. Trying out online dating has been an interesting experience, and meeting people online has been great, both the relationships and the general friendships I've made :D Dating sites themselves just don't seem to work out for me, just lots of harassment, people wanting hookups and ONSs but no serious guys that are compatible with me. I've had a lot more success meeting great people online while doing things I enjoy, hobbies, games, etc. Totally different environment, seems to work out much better :)
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Online dating?
    who does that

Nope, not sure why you'd say that. Trying out online dating has been an interesting experience, and meeting people online has been great, both the relationships and the general friendships I've made :D Dating sites themselves just don't seem to work out for me, just lots of harassment, people wanting hookups and ONSs but no serious guys that are compatible with me. I've had a lot more success meeting great people online while doing things I enjoy, hobbies, games, etc. Totally different environment, seems to work out much better :)

I think I'm starting to agree there. The dating sites I can't seem to find people I mesh with or it just seems standoffish!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Online dating?
    who does that

I think I'm starting to agree there. The dating sites I can't seem to find people I mesh with or it just seems standoffish!

I blame it on the heightened expectations that seem to come with the idea of a 'dating site'. Meeting people casually just seems more genuine and easy, doesn't matter if it works or not, then surprise - sometimes it does! I don't go out to bars or party, so it just happens more naturally for me that way. Gave up on actual dating sites a couple years ago after a few tries, it was just awful, nothing but 'your hot lets ****' crap and guys getting butthurt and cussing me out & attacking me when I said I wasn't looking for casual sex (which was already written in my profile, multiple times). Annoyed the crap out of me.
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    Options
    real life, online, does it really matter how people meet? and weirdos in society we can also meet socially, not only online. Just sayin. Note: Met my husband socially at a party
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So tired of first emails that just say - "Write if you are interested"

Some people just dont know what to say. Send back a one word reply that says "write" or start the conversation yourself. How bout something like "yeah I'm interested in what you think interests you about me?" Be creative :)