Doing the laundry

Options

Replies

• NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I see.…… I remember going to the doctors a few years back ----I'll stage the scene for you.…

Dr is. female close to 300 pounds sits down on a stool ----you know the little round one that rolls all over the floor.
    Looks at my chart and tells me that I have to lose weight.
    I definitely way a lot less than her…
    And at that time I was a housekeeper in a hotel.
    and if any of you have done this work you damn well know as soon as we clock in at 7 AM we are walking lifting pulling shoving stripping cleaning cleaning cleaning up until 4:30 PM.
    When we clock out.
    That is A pretty good nine hours solid of on the go exercise.
    That's a lot of work that's a lot of physical exercise.
    And yet the doctor sits there on her little round stool with her fat bellowing over its edges and says I must get exercise.
    Like a hamster in a wheel that spins.

Have You ever really look at that hamster it's still a round fluffy little creature yet it runs it's little *kitten* off go figure.!
    Its activity sure, but also part of your TDEE, and not exercise.

And why fat shame your doctor?

He raises a good point... If you were doing housekeeping, you would put into MFP that you're "active" or even "very active", and it would take that into consideration to calculate your TDEE. THEN you would get your calorie and macro limits, and create a defecit from there... For example, I have a desk job, so my daily calorie intake is lower, because my TDEE is pretty low... I'm not saying you wouldn't burn calories doing this, I'm just saying you take it into consideration when creating your goals...

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't log every day activities such as laundry.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I see.…… I remember going to the doctors a few years back ----I'll stage the scene for you.…

Dr is. female close to 300 pounds sits down on a stool ----you know the little round one that rolls all over the floor.
    Looks at my chart and tells me that I have to lose weight.
    I definitely way a lot less than her…
    And at that time I was a housekeeper in a hotel.
    and if any of you have done this work you damn well know as soon as we clock in at 7 AM we are walking lifting pulling shoving stripping cleaning cleaning cleaning up until 4:30 PM.
    When we clock out.
    That is A pretty good nine hours solid of on the go exercise.
    That's a lot of work that's a lot of physical exercise.
    And yet the doctor sits there on her little round stool with her fat bellowing over its edges and says I must get exercise.
    Like a hamster in a wheel that spins.

Have You ever really look at that hamster it's still a round fluffy little creature yet it runs it's little *kitten* off go figure.!

CICO still applies. The saying "You can't out exercise a bad diet", well you can't out work one either.
    As far as the hamster, get it wet, it gets skinny.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    FYI...
    I have lost 75 lbs.
    And because I was forced out of 4 JOBS!
    Gone thru a divorce lost my Mother....
    The pounds came back.
    Not that you care. I'm going to do what I can to improve my health reguardless of people like you.

People don't gain weight because of these things. They gain weight because they eat too much.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    I actually lift my 40 pounds of laundry up and down stairs and WALK it through the neighborhood to the laundry mat. Still not counting any calories burned. That's my life.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Logging:
    45 seconds, folding 2 towels
    90 seconds, loading dryer
    10 seconds, filling detergent cup

cals burned: 6

Bro, DYEExercise? Think that through before you respond.
    wtf is exercise?

laundry?

What's laundry? 3 days in the same boxers crew checking in.

I didn't realize guys still wore underwear anymore.

How archaic!

I'm digging the direction this thread took at the end of page 3. I'm on page 4, and lookin' for more!
  • dbmata
    Options
    WakkoW wrote: »
    Weight management is simple (CICO), but it isn't easy (persistence and dedication). I believe people set themselves up to fail because they want to fail. I am always amazed at how many times these threads turn out the same. OP asks for advise, posters take the time to nicely answer them, but yet the OP still gets nasty when the advise isn't what they want to hear.
    Agreed. And how.

We're lazy creatures, and when people don't feed that part of our nature, some get downright mean, nasty, and off topic, when the reality is. If they just indulged in a little quantitative analysis, and let go of bias, they'd be getting real answers to their questions, without going apey and insulting people, or talking about irrelevant things like who divorced who.
    Anyway, I just don't like bashing of tools when the error typical lies with the user. And not everyone is motivated by the same thing.
    Agreed, we should all be motivated by reaching our goals though, and not want to bs ourselves, but there's a large group of people that want to indulge in a little bs buffet, and go full Darlene.
  • dbmata
    Options
    ^Part of the reason people are wary of the forums. A simple "zero" would suffice. Rude.
    Received that several times homie, didn't work for her. read the thread. lulz.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I actually lift my 40 pounds of laundry up and down stairs and WALK it through the neighborhood to the laundry mat. Still not counting any calories burned. That's my life.

That really sucks.
    I'ts great for some extra NEAT and jazz but it just sounds time-consuming and a PITA

• arditarose
    Options

That really sucks.
    I'ts great for some extra NEAT and jazz but it just sounds time-consuming and a PITA

That is why I rarely do it. Most of the time I bring it in the shower with me and get all washing done at once.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I moved a bookshelf yesterday, should I log that as 500 calories?
  • arditarose
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

• Liftng4Lis
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

I'm thinking 394 here...
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

That really sucks.

That is why I rarely do it. Most of the time I bring it in the shower with me and get all washing done at once.

Well that's one way haha
    There's actually a backpack laundry bag. One of my residents had it in college, made it easier to bring it down to the basement to do laundry
  • arditarose
    Options

That really sucks.

Well that's one way haha
    There's actually a backpack laundry bag. One of my residents had it in college, made it easier to bring it down to the basement to do laundry

I wait so long to do it, it would never fit. I did just get a cart though. Darn...less calories burned.
  • evsplava
    evsplava Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I count doing my laundry as exercise. However I lift a cart up a flight of stairs, then carry my laundry up the flight of stairs and pull my cart two miles to the laundry place and then when I'm done do everything in reverse. By taking each individual piece of laundry and putting it in your car and after you wash it take each individual piece of laundry from your car to the dryer fold it and then put each piece away separately you would experience a workout
  • dbmata
    Options

That really sucks.

Well that's one way haha

I used to use a huge duffel. Laundromat was only a mile away so it was a quick downhill walk there, then uphill to get back home. Clean clothes are oddly lighter than dirty.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My laundry is down stairs- both washer and drier- to I get to log the steps up and down with the basket as part of my weekly runs?
  • dbmata
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    My laundry is down stairs- both washer and drier- to I get to log the steps up and down with the basket as part of my weekly runs?

Only when there is bedding included.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I make my own detergent... how many calories do I burn grating 2 bars of soap once a month.