Doing the laundry

Options

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Ok, log it, but, you'd only be cheating yourself.

Because logging regular stuff in your day like that means you won't get a real picture of what's going on.

And if your method of logging doesn't lead to results, and you interpret it as being because "mfp doesn't work" or "exercise doesn't work", that would be
    - untrue (because you didn't do things the way we're supposed to) and
    - a shame, and a lost opportunity for you.

If your doc is telling you to watch it, this is about your health, right? Doesn't make sense to get mad about it. Just do it, like Nike used to say.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    FYI...
    I have lost 75 lbs.
    And because I was forced out of 4 JOBS!
    Gone thru a divorce lost my Mother....
    The pounds came back.
    Not that you care. I'm going to do what I can to improve my health reguardless of people like you.

Sounds like you've been through a really, really hard time. I'm sorry.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OP: unless you are scrubbing every piece of laundry yourself and hand wringing them all out- doing the laundry is already included in your activity level.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    FYI...
    I have lost 75 lbs.
    The pounds came back.
    Not that you care. I'm going to do what I can to improve my health reguardless of people like you.

Actually I did care, which is why I took the time to post out a thoughtful response in order to help you be successful.

But you do you, you obviously don't need or want help. Good luck.
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    lolol
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    FYI...
    I have lost 75 lbs.
    The pounds came back.

And logging laundry isn't going to help with that goal.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow, we get lots of snipey OP responses in MPF but this level of anger and bitterness is new!

GIF-Big-Bag-of-Popcorn.gif

ETA: Oh and no, just everyday living is not excercise... not matter how old you are.
    ex·er·cise
    ˈeksərˌsīz/Submit
    noun
    activity requiring physical effort, carried out especially to sustain or improve health and fitness.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

NOT pandering to people does not = lack of care....

You asked a question. People answered. I'm sorry you didn't care for the majority of responses.

I'm sorry for the unfortunate things in your life. I've lost a parent, I've been divorced. It was stressful and horrible.. it was also life and you can't control that. You can however control how you respond. Overeating to soothe yourself was YOUR choice. No one else.

• PMA150
    PMA150 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Some times my four year old son will ask me a question and then tell me I am wrong when I answer him.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    "Exercise is something deliberate we do, above and beyond our day to day stuff, to improve our health."

Really ! U hv no clue how the human body works!

Obviously neither do you.

My grandmother-in-law is in her eighties and is pretty active throughout the day cleaning, cooking, taking care of her husband, and hanging clothes out on the line. But she still picks up her little pink 2lb weights and does arm exercises, and then goes walking.

There's a woman that lives near me in her seventies, and she runs 10 miles EVERYDAY! to stay in shape. Sometimes I'll go with her and honestly I can hardly keep with that woman, she is beast.

My mother-in-law is in her fifties and STILL stays active outside of her daily routine. She goes walking, kayaking, does aerobics at home, etc.

And though I'm only in my wee little twenties, these women inspire me. I would love to still be as active as they are at their age, and plan to be.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I do over 1000 steps on my Fitbit before 9am just running round after my kids, at home! I sure don't log that as it's part of my everyday life.

So, no, don't log it. Carrying some laundry to and from your car doesn't burn enough calories to matter.

You can do squats and lunges with the wet laundry.

Why have you quoted me?

Because I'm on my phone and accidentally hit the quote link while scrolling. Sorry it was such an inconvenience for you.

I was just curious as your reply made no sense, that's all. No need to be sarcastic.

I wasn't.
  • boredlimodriver
    Options
    Logging:
    45 seconds, folding 2 towels
    90 seconds, loading dryer
    10 seconds, filling detergent cup

cals burned: 6
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options

My grandmother-in-law is in her eighties and is pretty active throughout the day cleaning, cooking, taking care of her husband, and hanging clothes out on the line. But she still picks up her little pink 2lb weights and does arm exercises, and then goes walking.

There's a woman that lives near me in her seventies, and she runs 10 miles EVERYDAY! to stay in shape. Sometimes I'll go with her and honestly I can hardly keep with that woman, she is beast.

My mother-in-law is in her fifties and STILL stays active outside of her daily routine. She goes walking, kayaking, does aerobics at home, etc.

And though I'm only in my wee little twenties, these women inspire me. I would love to still be as active as they are at their age, and plan to be.

These are outstanding stories! I love hearing about people not letting their age be an obstacle. Thank you for sharing!!
  • boredlimodriver
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Logging:

Bro, DYEExercise? Think that through before you respond.
    wtf is exercise?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Logging:

Bro, DYEExercise? Think that through before you respond.
    wtf is exercise?

laundry?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    "Exercise is something deliberate we do, above and beyond our day to day stuff, to improve our health."

Really ! U hv no clue how the human body works!

neither do you, if you think you need to log your personal laundry
  • AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options
    Laundry is "exercise" when you do 20 loads a week like I do! LOL. But I don't count it, or any of my normal house chores. What I do count is when I have to move all my furniture to clean under it, mow the lawn (I have a big yard) and things I don't do on a daily basis.