name one habit that you feel has helped you significantly on this journey?

Options

Replies

• lstyper
    lstyper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Making sure I log everything I shouldn't be eating
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Being brutally honest with myself and taking personal responsibility for all my choices

Something that 99% of people in the world can't do (or refuse to do). It's always someone else's fault, right?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    logging everything.

everything.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Logging everything.

Lifting.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weighing my food and logging everything as accurately as possible
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Giving up coffee.

It always gives me a blah gross feeling afterwards, and I feel super dehydrated, even if I drink a lot of water. Makes me want to eat to try and get rid of that gut-rot feeling too. I started out by just drinking coffee on weekends, and now I prefer tea to coffee any day.

I love the smell of coffee though, and I miss the social aspect of sharing a pot of coffee with my husband.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Consistent exercise.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Increasing (significantly) the whole foods portion of my diet and eating a lot of vegetables.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Oh so many:
    1. logging every single morsel, every single day
    2. not making excuses and not letting "life" get in the way of me reaching my goals
    3. getting creative - such as swimming lengths while my son is in lessons instead of sitting on the sidelines
    4. staying the course with diet and exercise rather than falling for the latest diet fad
    5. not being too hard on myself. I'm never going to look like a model, and I'm okay with that
    6. trying new things, both exercise and personal interest (have to exercise the brain too). Going outside of my comfort zone
    7. Not letting my anxiety issues rule my life. Going to a new class with new people terrifies me and I have a panic attack every time. But I always enjoy myself and am glad I went (and bonus, activity helps with anxiety)
    8. Trying new foods and recipes. Switching it up. Enjoying food instead of seeing it as evil.
    9. Bringing my family in on the action. My son loves to run and play soccer and even though it doesn't burn a lot of calories for me since he's only 4, it's instilling a love of activity and healthy habits in him. Trying to get my husband to run but....
    10. Understanding that this journey is just as tough mentally as it is physically.

OK so I have 10....whoops :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Drinking water.
    Moving more
    Looking at the sugar and fiber content of my store bought foods.
  • nono706
    nono706 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wear my Fitbit everyday and I feel encouraged to constantly keep moving to keep my numbers up. I weight and log everything I eat. I plan my day out in advance so if I want a treat when my kids are napping I know how many calories I have left for that day. I make sure I get enough carbs in first thing in the morning, I find that if I don't eat enough carbohydrates I feel yucky by mid-morning. A small bowl of oatmeal and half an apple does the trick.
  • sweetstarfruit
    sweetstarfruit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine would definitely be drinking tea when I'm bored instead of eating. Plain water can get boring and tea gives me the flavors without the calories; plus it keeps me hydrated and warm!
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Eating less packaged foods and more fresh fruits and veggies.
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Being brutally honest with myself and taking personal responsibility for all my choices

+100000
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I was already a big water drinker, but weighing my foods and logging everything that goes into my mouth was definitely what helped me get to goal; and is helping me to maintain! Batch cooking and pre-portioning my own "frozen meals" on weekends insures that I don't end up grabbing fast food/pre-packaged processed foods when I get hungry. In addition, finding exercise I enjoy doing (not necessarily what is "trending" at the time) was important. Finally, working out in the morning (I use a Fitbit and try to get at least 8,000 steps in before I ever leave the house for work) insures that nothing conflicts with my exercise for the day.
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    logging everything.

everything.

This. And weighing everything I eat.

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Finding activities I love so much that I hate when I can't do them.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    For me, it was heavy lifting
  • gorneyl831
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, it helps me stay on track for the day- making the right food choices, not drinking that diet coke, passing on the cupcakes... I can see my progress or set back, every morning.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Weighing and measuring everything. Not taking this to extremely. For example if I have a bad day or a few I just laugh it off and jump on the back on the horse.