Logging Accurately..step by step guide

Options

Replies

• pwtaa
    pwtaa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Learned something new thanks for the help. (*)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    This post definitely needs to be a sticky.
  • carafes
    carafes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thank you, my weight loss has stalled and this reiterates my need to tighten up my logging
  • ausf
    ausf Posts: 51
    Options
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks! I had wanted to edit some entries and I didn't know how to do that.

Is there a way to add multiple additional entries to the drop down menu for servings? I don't see how to do that but I would think there would be a way to add a serving choice for grams to something that already has servings in cups.
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    http://foodfastfit.com/ this MFP add-on has a feature that allows you to block all user added entries, and lists number of confirmations for each item without your needing to click on the listing.
  • Kazzsjourney2
    Kazzsjourney2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great post...ive been a member for years and you taught me a few things :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me. I'm just bumping useful posts.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favs!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I am always wondering how to find this one to recommend it to people. Will finally bookmark.
  • megb0224
    megb0224 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Someone should sticky this!! Great post.

EDIT: Just noticed that it was. Yay!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    skinny0000 wrote: »
    http://foodfastfit.com/ this MFP add-on has a feature that allows you to block all user added entries, and lists number of confirmations for each item without your needing to click on the listing.

Interesting.. have to check it out. Thanks
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wish there was someone who worked for MFP who would go in and check nutritional values/calorie counts/duplicate entries. It would be very helpful.
  • bethweathersbee
    bethweathersbee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • shancourcy16
    shancourcy16 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much this was extremely helpful since I just started using a food scale :)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Bumping for Friday
  • maggiewithfins
    maggiewithfins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    How do you log a lick or taste?

Say I had a single bite of macaroni and cheese. How would that be logged?

You don't. It is part of living. If your single bite of mac & cheese is bothering you or impacting your weight loss then it was more than a bite or lick or taste. If it happens enough times in a day to impact you then you need better meal planning and a discussion with yourself about how you approach food.

As a cook (not professional ) at home I used to "bite, lick, taste" lots of things and it does impact weight loss when you do it a lot.

I think that phrase is to make people aware that if they are "nibblers" and say oh it's only a bite...those bites add up.

So give them up or try to log them...it's easier to give it up. I mean I can take a pretty big bite out of my husband flamer thrower if I wanted...

I personally have logged a bit off of a "sweet" as I suspected the entire thing had about 300 calories...last week I believe...made a note of it in my diary to explain the quick adds (it wasn't good enough to waste 300 calories on)

I follow the rule "eat everything sitting down" including tasting food etc. I was alarmed at how often my hand went up to my mouth in those first few days and I had to stop it. The weight started falling off too.