What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My daughter is able to wrap her arms completely around my waist:) shes so happy for me and I am happy she can squeeze me that much tighter:)

Awww, that's awesome!

I've just managed to exercise for 20 minutes non-stop for the first time in years :smile:
  • American_Beauty
    American_Beauty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    decided to try on a smaller size jeans just for the sake of doing it while out shopping, funny thing is THEY FIT, down 3 sizes since November :smile:
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    As i got back to the house at the end of my run today, my wife didn't recognise me. She said my body shape and gait have completely changed :)
  • gbel1975
    gbel1975 Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I ran a half marathon a week and a half ago. It was the second I've done in my life, the first being in 2013. I had hoped to do 2 or 3 in 2014 but fell off the training wagon and put on some pounds.

Getting this first one done so early in 2015 has given me the desire to hammer out a couple more this year and to improve my time in each one. Already looking at dates in April and October.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This isn't a weight related one because I just started...BUT...my mom (God love her) has always been borderline verbally abusive when it comes to my weight. So I told her my daughter was thinking of stopping dancing because she wanted to concentrate on singing, swimming, and other pursuits. To which my mother replied "Don't let her stop dancing or she's going to get fat, like you are. Remember how pretty you were?"...and off she went on her usual weight related rant.

Now in the past that would've sent me into tears and in search of the nearest bottle of alcohol or a big huge popcorn size bowl of ice cream.

Not today. Today I felt more in control. I rolled my eyes, changed the subject, and here I am.

For the first time in a long time I didn't reach for a bottle, didn't reach for comfort food. I felt like I'm taking steps to deal with the weight (as frustrating as they are from my other posts), but I'm doing something.

So yeah, not really a physical thing/weight thing...but the idea that I actually felt in control and not destroyed yet again by what she was saying...this was huge for me.

Hardest lesson (in life, not just fitness/weight loss) for me to learn: You can't control other people's behavior; you can only control the way you react to it. Good for you.
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I bought this dress around the end of March last year. I haven't worn it since June so I wore it yesterday for a work event. I happened to take a picture in the dressing room and text it to my boyfriend when I bought it, so I found that photo on my phone and had to compare. It's weird that the dress is longer now? It wasn't a bad fit then because it is a flattering style but I just feel like it fits so much better now. So yeah, 25 lbs is the scale victory, but being able to compare like this? Such a bigger victory for me.

r4udti8i5oaj.jpg
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Personal best on the rowing machine/erg! 2k in 9:20!
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I can climb a tree again! We had about 8 inches of snow last week and the trees were so pretty. I decided to see if I could climb up so my husband could a pic of me and I did it! I want to see if I can climb with spikes and a lanyard now!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    today i fit into a size 36 jeans. last happened 27 years ago
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Being able to go back to my doctor for a 6 month checkup and NOT being given the "you must lose weight" speech and pamphlet.

Cannot wait for this. Congrats! :)
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Third month in a row that I've gotten my lady time after a 6 month hiatus. Take that PCOS. :blush:
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I hit 100lbs on my squat and 135 on my deadlift!

Its only been 2 weeks, but I have a noticeable bit more room in my jeans and a pair of grappling shorts that used to fit rather snugly.
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Last night getting ready for bed I looked in the mirror and noticed my face isn't as round as it was when I started - cheek bones and chin are more noticeable! Also - my too small sports bra now goes on easily without sounding like it's going to rip in half! :D
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Im back to my size 7 jeans that I havent worn in 3 years!
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The first pair of pants I bought when I first started gaining weight (10 years ago) are loose on me. I don't think they fit this well when I bought them. I'm really starting to notice I'm in that last stretch getting to my goal weight. (11 lb to go!)
  • dhampir_princess
    dhampir_princess Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am 100% an emotional eater. Since using MFP I've been able to put a stop to this because taking the time to enter the food in I want to eat and seeing what it would do to my calories is enough to make me really think about what I'm doing.

Last night though a big wave of anger and sadness hit me out of nowhere. I really wasn't expecting it as I've been feeling better and suffering less depression since starting my weight loss journey. Not having planned anything for dinner I grumpily drove out to a fast food place with every intention of burning through all 1000+ calories I had left for the day and then some.

I'm proud to say though that by the time I got to the window to order I had (begrudgingly) talked myself out of buying a burger, and loaded fries, and a soda, and an Apple pie. I only got the fries and drank water which was actually more than enough to fill me up completely AND I finished well under my calorie goal!!
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Smiley_Emi123 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I got to wear an older pair of pants who used to be HUGE on me... 6 months ago I tried them on and wouldn't fit pass my knee... Yesterday tried them on and fit close to perfect!!! (A bit small around the hips but hell I wore them all day!!) I felt SO GOOD !
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    This isn't a weight related one because I just started...BUT...my mom (God love her) has always been borderline verbally abusive when it comes to my weight. So I told her my daughter was thinking of stopping dancing because she wanted to concentrate on singing, swimming, and other pursuits. To which my mother replied "Don't let her stop dancing or she's going to get fat, like you are. Remember how pretty you were?"...and off she went on her usual weight related rant.

Now in the past that would've sent me into tears and in search of the nearest bottle of alcohol or a big huge popcorn size bowl of ice cream.

Not today. Today I felt more in control. I rolled my eyes, changed the subject, and here I am.

For the first time in a long time I didn't reach for a bottle, didn't reach for comfort food. I felt like I'm taking steps to deal with the weight (as frustrating as they are from my other posts), but I'm doing something.

So yeah, not really a physical thing/weight thing...but the idea that I actually felt in control and not destroyed yet again by what she was saying...this was huge for me.

Good for you. Also, shame on your mom for being terrible to you. That isn't borderline abusive, that's super [expletive redacted]ty.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've got 2.

1) I don't own a coat because I have my grandfather's shoulders (even at my football weight, I didn't have the shape for women's coats, so I don't buy them). Had to do work outside today so I borrow a roommate's jacket (thinking it was my (male) roommate's. Turns out it wasn't a guy's medium, but a ladies' medium jacket. Didn't fit right at the hips or shoulders, but it zipped! Wow.

2) My spouse spent a good portion of this morning biting my ribcage in bed, telling me how much he likes the muscle on my back and the shape of my torso. Given all my surgeries (and how far I still have to go) I was very pleased.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I did not let hunger win last night. I told it to go to bed! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!