Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    uhm, machine squat?

lulz, that is not a squat, bro-ette.

Still, as sara said, if you're progressing on it, good job.
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm having fun with it. I can do so much more now (like every day stuff, at work, at home), my upper body strength is awesome and makes every day activities more enjoyable, can do them longer, and I do not get fatigued. Sorry my ignorance caused such a hubbub. I love being strong! Endorphins are awesome!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Carlitice you're a good sport being corrected! Everyone else gets really butthurt. Sounds like you are enjoying your work and that's awesome :D

I've never even seen that machine at my gym O.o

Have you tried squatting with free weights? It is pretty fun, and feels badass.
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I havent done heavy free weights yet other than dead lifts, waiting for my trainer to teach them to me so i dont hurt myself. That being said, i can very uncomfortably do 5 deadlifts at 125#. And shoulder press with a 40 # bar. Sore for days after those shoulder presses! Lots of planking and push ups, up to 85 # assisted dips (pulling 100#). Got my first pair of gloves yesterday!
    Thanks for the props, I'm just here to learn. My trainer keeps telling me I would love crossfit. We'll see.
    threnjen wrote: »
    Carlitice you're a good sport being corrected! Everyone else gets really butthurt. Sounds like you are enjoying your work and that's awesome :D

I've never even seen that machine at my gym O.o

Have you tried squatting with free weights? It is pretty fun, and feels badass.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    well I am glad that we cleared that up ….
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I compete in drug tested federations (and am one of a 'natty' team of bb'ers and pl'ers), so throwing out accusations of being on gear probably miss my sarcasm meter more than other comments do.
    I compete in drug tested federations (and am one of a 'natty' team of bb'ers and pl'ers), so throwing out accusations of being on gear probably miss my sarcasm meter more than other comments do.

eh. wasn't an accusation- that makes it sound like I thought it was wrong- when I just don't. I have no issues with people on gear. It's an openly free subject for jokes to me. Sorry you don't feel the same. NMP.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    THey shouldnt lift at all. They should spend there time raring the children, cleaning the house and preparing food. The delicate nature and softest is more suited to knitting and needle work, and should really not be allowed into gyms at all(unless it is to fall over the males)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    THey shouldnt lift at all. They should spend there time raring the children, cleaning the house and preparing food. The delicate nature and softest is more suited to knitting and needle work, and should really not be allowed into gyms at all(unless it is to fall over the males)

don't forget doing laundry…..
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    As my lifting partner says "If the weight doesn't scare you, you aren't going heavy enough"
  • TheBigFb
    Options
    Oh yes, sorry and hand washing the clothes. Also, when your partner arrives home, you should ahve the house tidy, and the dinner ready, and all kids sitting quietly and clean at the table. And give him ten minutes to himself first, hes had a busy stressful day in the real world
  • TheBigFb
    Options
    So too answer your question, nothing heavier than an average 3 year old or full basket of laundry. Glad too be of help
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OH, machine assisted.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Doing the laundry counts as weightlifing!? Man I have been going about this all wrong.....now only to come up with more laundry, two people does not make nearly enough for a decent exercise routine....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Oh yes, sorry and hand washing the clothes. Also, when your partner arrives home, you should ahve the house tidy, and the dinner ready, and all kids sitting quietly and clean at the table. And give him ten minutes to himself first, hes had a busy stressful day in the real world

lets not also leave out the obligatory five minute "love making" session....
  • dbmata
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

eh. wasn't an accusation- that makes it sound like I thought it was wrong- when I just don't. I have no issues with people on gear. It's an openly free subject for jokes to me. Sorry you don't feel the same. NMP.

She told me I'm not a man anymore. It's totally true. lol.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Doing the laundry counts as weightlifing!? Man I have been going about this all wrong.....now only to come up with more laundry, two people does not make nearly enough for a decent exercise routine....

Yes, but you have to carry it to the car for it to count.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Well, I did all of this when my husband was alive AND lifted, so I guess I'm superwoman ;)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    carlitice wrote: »
    At any rate, it was awesome, my *kitten* is sore. It's a work in progress.

In addition to all the other wrongness contained in your original post, the hack squat is used to develop the quads, so there's not going to much change in your glutes at all, no matter how misleading you describe the exercise, weight, sets, and reps
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lifting as heavy as I can, I started at the gym June 2014 and went from 1 -45lb weight on each side to 6 -45lb on each side... needless to say I love lifting next to guys because I smoke them all. :) Hehe.
    Though I've hit a bit of a weight loss plateau these past 6 months, I'm trying to figure out ways of incorporating more cardio into my life and maybe changing things up... definitely need to work on the diet part of my weight loss. Ugh. But I don't think I could ever give up lifting, addicted... thoroughly addicted. :)
    Do what you want, do what makes you feel good and the rest will fall into place. It feels good to be strong, I'll take that any day.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lifting as heavy as I can, I started at the gym June 2014 and went from 1 -45lb weight on each side to 6 -45lb on each side... needless to say I love lifting next to guys because I smoke them all. :) Hehe.
    Though I've hit a bit of a weight loss plateau these past 6 months, I'm trying to figure out ways of incorporating more cardio into my life and maybe changing things up... definitely need to work on the diet part of my weight loss. Ugh. But I don't think I could ever give up lifting, addicted... thoroughly addicted. :)
    Do what you want, do what makes you feel good and the rest will fall into place. It feels good to be strong, I'll take that any day.

What?