Sugar is the devil!

Options
Sammy813
Sammy813 Posts: 12 Member
Ok, so I'm REALLY trying to eliminate excess sugar from my diet bc that's my biggest problem but, I find it extremely hard! I crave candy and icecream all day long- esp when I tell my self I can't have it lol. Any help? When do the cravings stop? I don't eat fake sugars so please don't suggest substituting Splenda or anything with sweetnlow in it- I know they cause cancer and I won't put that crap in my body. I just want natural things or ways to help eliminate excess sugar cravings! HELP! Lol

Samantha

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    In for the shenanigans...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looks at your ticker. 6 pounds till goal. So your problem is moderation on candy?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Stopped reading after Splenda causes cancer
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    amusd.gif
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    You are probably craving sweets because you have overdone it with the self-restriction.

Find something you truly love as an indulgence and enjoy it within your goal range. I mean, REALLY enjoy it, as in buy some really GOOD chocolate and slowly savor each morsel...not scarfing down some low-end junk like Hersheys and wondering why you can't be satisfied. Don't choke down Arctic Zero and wonder why your ice cream craving isn't gone...serve up a small bowl of really high-quality gelato and eat it slowly with a teeny spoon.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This will end well.....

Have you tried making swaps for things with less sugar in them? Like you have a Greek yogurt instead of Ice cream?

I know Greek Yogurt is not as yummy as ice cream- no one kill me
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Splenda causes cancer of the SOUL because it tastes so terrible.

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    This another troll thread?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    very-interesing_o_149988.jpg
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    This will end well.....

Have you tried making swaps for things with less sugar in them? Like you have a Greek yogurt instead of Ice cream?

I know Greek Yogurt is not as yummy as ice cream- no one kill me

*puts away torches and pitchforks*

Don't mind us. We're just passing by.

I'll take my gelato over greek yogurt any day of the week
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Splenda causes cancer of the SOUL because it tastes so terrible.

I love Splenda and I eat it every day. I'm fully expecting to live at least 35 more years.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Sigh.

Well.

Just google substitutes/alternatives to your cravings then.

Or keep the stuff out of the house and buy one single serving if you crave them.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Sammy813 wrote: »
    I crave candy and icecream all day long- esp when I tell my self I can't have it lol. Any help? When do the cravings stop?

Don't tell yourself you can't have it then. Eat it in moderation if you're going to crave it otherwise.

Am I missing something? :neutral_face:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Too soon for a dumpster fire gif?

OP:

1. Artificial sweeteners don't cause cancer
    2. Allow yourself treats. Telling yourself you can't have them sets you up for failure.
    3. The key is to allow yourself to have GOOD quality treats in appropriate portions within your calorie limits after meeting your nutrition goals. Don't classify them as forbidden fruit.
    4. If you find that you can't control your intake to a moderate amount, sometimes it is helpful to just go cold turkey for a while and totally abstain from ALL sugar, including fruit.
    5. After a period of a month or two without sugar, slowly reintroduce it. Only add back items you truly love. Your taste buds should have adjusted during this time and you'll be satisfied with a less sweet taste. Things you used to like might taste too sweet at that point.

• CultivatingLife
    CultivatingLife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating sugar nearly 3 weeks ago. The only sugars i eat are found naturally in fruit. The important thing is to make sure you are eating enough of the right foods throughout the day. I find that I crave sugar horribly when I feel hungry...but when I stay on top of eating proportionately throughout the day I never feel hungry and I don't crave. Keep raisins, grapes, and berries around for that first 10 days. They have a lot of natural sugars and can help curb the cravings for candy or chocolate.
    Ps- I noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately, my brain fog is going away, and I feel so much better. Do it for your health!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    bloodsport-funny.gif?w=650
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Look, in the off chance this heads off a ten page gif laden argument, it's simple - if you find it difficult to resist temptation then keep sugary stuff out the house. If you can exercise enough willpower to moderate your intake then have some lying around.

OK now that this is out of the way can we spam this thread with cat gifs? :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Look, in the off chance this heads off a ten page gif laden argument, it's simple - if you find it difficult to resist temptation then keep sugary stuff out the house. If you can exercise enough willpower to moderate your intake then have some lying around.

This, exactly.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you want ice cream, then eat ice cream; if you want a cookie, then eat the cookie..just make sure that you are hitting your calorie/macro/micro target for the day..

and no, sugar is not the devil.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    jdarroch13 wrote: »
    I stopped eating sugar nearly 3 weeks ago. The only sugars i eat are found naturally in fruit. The important thing is to make sure you are eating enough of the right foods throughout the day. I find that I crave sugar horribly when I feel hungry...but when I stay on top of eating proportionately throughout the day I never feel hungry and I don't crave. Keep raisins, grapes, and berries around for that first 10 days. They have a lot of natural sugars and can help curb the cravings for candy or chocolate.
    Ps- I noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately, my brain fog is going away, and I feel so much better. Do it for your health!

so much wrong in this post..

"right foods"
    "fruit sugar vs added sugar"
    "beat added sugar craving by eating sugar"