Food(s) that make you gag.

Options

Replies

• phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Milk & sweet corn for me.

Milk because I hate the smell & when some spills on you & it dries a little that smell makes me feel sick, I tend to have almond milk with porridge if I'm having anything milk related.

Sweet corn I just hate the taste & texture.
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Now that you guys mention foods that made you puke. On my 13th birthday I was really sick. Had a terrible flu. My mom got me a cake anyway, and I had a small piece. Totally puked it up, and now I can't eat cake either. I had forgotten about that one...BTW, that was also the last time I ever puked!! EVER!! True story (I'm almost 43 now)...
  • chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Right now it's egg whites since I have to eat them every day. Ralf.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sweet pickles, cottage cheese, and Brussels sprouts

YES!!!! finally someone else said Brussel Sprouts. I am tired of fighting this fight alone. They are a vial weed that smell like feet. All my family and friends love them.

Also cilantro tastes like a mix of soap and spearmint gum.

Also organ meat.
  • brianlyles
    brianlyles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Beets and any sort of innards
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Now that you guys mention foods that made you puke. On my 13th birthday I was really sick. Had a terrible flu. My mom got me a cake anyway, and I had a small piece. Totally puked it up, and now I can't eat cake either. I had forgotten about that one...BTW, that was also the last time I ever puked!! EVER!! True story (I'm almost 43 now)...

One time I ate at Chipotle and threw up for whatever reason. If I get a burrito from there with bell peppers on it, I associate that flavor with puking.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hated mushrooms so much as a kid that I would puke if I ate them. I can do mushrooms now if I bought them fresh, but I still won't go near slimy canned monstrosities.

The smell of olives (especially the olive bar at the grocery store) will turn my stomach. I have to race past that part of the deli. lol
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    knitapeace wrote: »
    Every second time I pull up this thread there's a light mayo ad on the sidebar. Because mayo seems to show up on so many "nope" lists this makes me giggle.

In general I am not a fan of mayo, but I do like a little bit of it on a tomato sandwich or on a BLT, but only a very little bit. I also like it for potato salad or cole slaw, but that's it.

When I see people slather it on or the glob that's plopped on a Whopper if they forget that I asked for it WITHOUT MAYO...I want to barf.

Hahaha. My sister used to get a big glob on a knife and then lick it. So nasty.

I also don't like *any* salad dressings, except for the vinaigrette at Texas Roadhouse.

OMG, Virgo sister!!! I hate salad dressing so much. Lemon juice and olive oil on salads for me. Sometimes I skip the oil and just let tomatoes get all juicy up in there.

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. Which is why I cannot understand this cauliflower substitute for potatoes, or pizza crust or other disgusting things. It is not a substitute. blech.

And beets.

• tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Spam... I have never eaten it but the husband loves it... I cannot abide the smell of it and he really likes it cooked, ick! We have a mutual understanding: he doesn't cook Spam unless I'm away overnight (so the house airs out) and I don't hide his tools.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Chai tea lattes, cloves, cherries, and coconut water (though when it's blended into protein shakes I absolutely love the stuff, go figure).
    That's actually really weird, everything I loathe begins with the letter c o.o Huh...
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    While I'm at it, celery. Celery is pretty awful, too. Unless it's lathered in peanut butter and I can't taste the actual celery ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    kimchi
    beets
    black licorice
    pigs feet
    tripe
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Onions.

To me, they are the most disgusting thing ever. Their texture is weird, the taste awful, and they are in everything. Try avoiding onions... it is hard! Luckily my husband doesn't care for them so he is happy with my excluding them from everything. If I was Queen of the World, I would ban them lol.

Me too!!! I've been that way my whole life. I thought I'd grow out of it as an adult but nope, it's just gotten worse lol!
  • nowweseeyou
    nowweseeyou Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Carrots
  • arlington21
    arlington21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, I am not a very picky eater. The one food I absolutely hate is healthy for me lol. Ew carrots
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    even the thought of lima beans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise is the devil. Horrible, vile grossness. I'd eat a dead mouse and cut off a hand before I'd eat, touch or look at mayonnaise.
    Seafood (any and all)
    ...I forgot about raw parsley in salads until I scrolled through this! Yuck.
    Red meat...pig meat...although I do love the smell of bacon!
    The whites of hard-boiled eggs
    Runny eggs
    Pie crust

Lol

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    How about..fat. Just plain and simple fat. My uncle used to eat it...gross.
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    kimchi
    beets
    black licorice
    pigs feet
    tripe

Ahhhh I forgot about black licorice.
    And root beer or root beer barrel candies.
    Pukeyyyyy