Replies

• Hagoal
    Hagoal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder about the weigh in tomorrow
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,930 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: I really want to be the supportive buddy on this thread, but some days it's hard just finding my previous post and getting the new goals posted. I will do better at fitting in time to actually read all the comments and be supportive. :)

@Rae, I have the same problem finding my last post too! Sometimes JUST remembering to come back is a challenge for me! :)

@exquisiten, I'm crocheting a afghan too, that I've been working on for months, :|:|
  • Amethystwolf
    Amethystwolf Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Love this concept!

Just for today I will:

1. Be grateful
    2. Meet my daily calorie/exercise goals.
    3. Enjoy the day
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    @Rae, I have the same problem. It is hard sometimes to find the time to search back through and find what we posted the previous day. So no need to search back through if you are pressed for time. Just love to see you post whenever you can, and even if its just the goals for each day. You are always an encouragement to so many!
  • lindsmayf
    lindsmayf Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    JUST FOR TODAY (THURSDAY):
    -drink 10 cups of water
    -save up calories for breakfast with dad
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes feistyjojo I feel a TON better when I eat healthy and exercise, not just physically but mentally too! Apennock is so right on about the fast food, junk food always makes me crave more and not feel full. Grandmajackie I love ur goal to not weigh yourself, I don't know about you but when that scale doesn't budge it makes me blow off the whole day.
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I met yesterday's goals, got in 40 mins cardio drank over 80 oz water and stayed in my calorie goal. That makes 2 days in a row :) so just for today 3/11
    1) 4 mile run (already done)
    2) stay within calorie goal
    3) figure out a strength training routine and get my hubby on board I miss working out with him
    4) slow down and remember life is not a race
    Happy Logging All
  • grace1mfp
    grace1mfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will drink my water and.
    stay in my calorie limit , Also do my exercise
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :smiley: 17,032
    2. Dance! A little! Slowly! :smiley:
    3. Eat well, stay under 100G carbs :) Ate well, but went over carbs...realized that I had burned over 2,000 calories and decided to have an extra snack

Wednesday:
    1. 15,000 steps
    2. less than 100 carbs
    3. Survive intensive Zumba class even though I am still a little sick
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Yesterday, 3/10
    1. exercise minimum 30 minutes :) Walked with hubby, so a much slower walk, but I at least got a walk in.
    2. 2 glasses of water with each meal :)
    3. log everything I eat :\
    4. Carry water with me in the evening to limit nite time snacking! My biggest downfall! :\ Nitetime is still my biggest problem. I can do so well all day, only to cave in the evening.

So Just for today, 3/11
    1. Sew or do something to keep my hands busy so I do not eat
    2. water water water
    3. walk minimum 45 minutes, or ellipitical
    4. log everything I eat

Joan... I would be willing to be your buddy a few evenings to support you in continuing the great choices you make all day. Or someone else if you prefer. Call, skype, just talk about the experience you're having and the choice you've been making and the choice you want to make from now on. There will be a trigger and there will be a choice and you can make the right one for you. Let me know if you have someone who can help with this or if you'd like to try out a buddy approach with me.
    whatever you choose. ... smile and keep your eyes on the long game!

• feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Wednesday's goals
    - push self to max poss at bootcamp (with whatever lung capacity I have with remnants of cold)☺
    - make sensible food choices during day as am out with nieces then out for thai meal with friend. I may go over usual limit. And it doesn't need to be by a lot. My choice.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Wednesday's goals
    - push self to max poss at bootcamp (with whatever lung capacity I have with remnants of cold)☺
    - make sensible food choices during day as am out with nieces then out for thai meal with friend. I may go over usual limit. And it doesn't need to be by a lot. My choice.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Thursday's goals
    - eat max gross calorie limit, ideally a bit less to balance Wednesday
    - brisk walk into town and back for my errands (30 mins)
    - Refocus on a consistent daily achievement of calorie goals or this could spiral out of control.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will drink 2 glasses of water before snacking after work.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Joan... I would be willing to be your buddy a few evenings to support you in continuing the great choices you make all day. !

You are so sweet! Thank you! I did SO much better today - well - at least so far today! My hubby and I are coming up with a plan to eat our bigger meal at noon, and light meal in the evenings. Since we both work out of our home, we are going to try this. That way hopefully I can have enough calories left so I can PLAN what I will eat in the evenings. This is my first day of trying this, and so far today I have done so much better. I am going to try and sew tonite, and have my water handy. But I have saved enough calories that maybe a nice tall glass of milk will get me through.

But thank you so much for your willingness to help. MFP friends are the best!!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,930 Member
    Options
    Just for today 3/11
    1. Bike ride OR walk :D
    2. Crochet :D
    3. Come back :D
    4. Don't weigh myself :'(:'(

Just for today
    1. Come back
    2. Healthy food choices
    3. Stationary bike @‌ gym
    4. Morning strengh training

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

Just for today (Wednesday March 11)
    1. Plan ahead, log everything and stick to 1200 calories :smile:
    2. Go for a long walk outside. At least an hour. :smile:

Just for today (Thursday March 12)
    1. Take lunch and snacks to work with me
    2. Take a walk at lunchtime
    3. Do 30 minutes on the treadmill
    4. Stick to 1200 calories

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Didn't find the time to post yesterday, so I just repeated my goals for Wednesday
    taxmom9093 wrote: »

1. walk as much as possible. No step goal this time. Not bad, but not 10,000. Better Tuesday than Wednesday
    2. Log if possible and water water water making progress here
    3. Visit Dad and just enjoy our time together. :) Here's hoping they can get him off the medication that is causing confusion as soon as possible.
    4. Relax and take things as they happen. Do Not let myself get overwhelmed with the What if's. This worked yesterday. Why mess with success? This is still helping a lot

Thursday is normally my day to relax, but I have so many errands to catch up on. :o
    Just for today I will

1. Make the time for a walk outside, hopefully with my husband
    2. Log everything I eat
    3. Get as much as I can done, but don't beat myself up if I cannot do it all. I am human after all.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I ran yesterday. It made me so happy!

Just for today I will:
    1. Move boxes & paint at work
    2. Stick to 1200 calories
    3. Weigh, measure & log my food
    4. Drink 3 litres of water