please help which breakfast ceral should I be eating???

Options

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Rivers2k wrote: »
    I am in with the people that say eggs over cookie crisps. Yes cookie crisps taste good but it doesn't give you what you need to make it to lunch. Eggs fill you up and it lasts longer and will help your body perform better.

I can't believe people can honestly believe cookie crisps or fruit loops are just as good a breakfast as eggs and fruit.

This theory of "if it fits in your calories do it" has to be balanced with "what is going to help me perform best through the day".

Context and Dosage....what does the rest of the day look like?

You can't look at individual foods or meals, you have to look at the overall diet, all the foods/meals one takes in throughout the day to determine if a diet is healthy
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Bmmkxg wrote: »
    @Janejellyroll

Okay, so you don't have any qualified research that supports your claim that cereal cannot be part of a proper diet?

Do you think you ought to educate yourself some more before you try to educate others?

I am very well educated on the subject thank you! We can always discuss your situation;

If anyone is interested in reading more about Whole Grains in food here is a nice article. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/whole-grain-foods-not-always-healthful/ as for everything else listed in the ingredients tell me what IS Good for you?

What research were you drawing on when you declared that cereal cannot be part of a proper diet? I don't think the FDA has ever determined that.

Honestly, I'd be terrified to take nutritional advice from you. You seem to think that something is wrong with having 292 calories for breakfast and consuming carbohydrates. You also seem to have an alarming propensity for conflating facts and your personal opinion.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Bmmkxg wrote: »
    @Janejellyroll

Okay, so you don't have any qualified research that supports your claim that cereal cannot be part of a proper diet?

Do you think you ought to educate yourself some more before you try to educate others?

I am very well educated on the subject thank you! We can always discuss your situation;

If anyone is interested in reading more about Whole Grains in food here is a nice article. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/whole-grain-foods-not-always-healthful/ as for everything else listed in the ingredients tell me what IS Good for you?

Oh, you know. Vitamins and minerals. All the stuff people keep on talking about is so good in their fruit and veggies and seem to forget that other foods can have those too.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Rivers2k wrote: »
    I am in with the people that say eggs over cookie crisps. Yes cookie crisps taste good but it doesn't give you what you need to make it to lunch. Eggs fill you up and it lasts longer and will help your body perform better.

I can't believe people can honestly believe cookie crisps or fruit loops are just as good a breakfast as eggs and fruit.

This theory of "if it fits in your calories do it" has to be balanced with "what is going to help me perform best through the day".

What a terrible, joyless life, never to eat things just because they taste good.
  • RedPanda85
    RedPanda85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Chocolate Cereal....really high in fiber, very low on sugar and fat..... I would never trade it for any other cereal out there...

OOooh! That sounds really yummy! I think I need to start eating cereal just for the iron. Cereals usually have a bunch of iron in them, I believe. I never have enough in my diet. :(
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    What I can't understand is the resistance to so many posters here to getting to that caloric deficit by eating more healthy foods, and greatly reducing the intake of crap. Not eliminating. Reducing. I will never figure it out.

Find one poster who is arguing that point. Nice straw man.

Do you know the definition of "moderation"?

The only person in this discussion arguing elimination (and that would be FOR elimination) is the poster you're quoting.

I guess you've missed all the "sugar isn't bad for you" comments. Of course it's not bad if you have a little. But it's bad for you if you have a lot (source - AHA and hundreds of others).

So then you're agreeing?? Sugar...in and of itself...is not bad for you.

Too much sugar (or too much water....or too many apples...or too much kale) is.

Be sure you inform captain broscience. Apparently he's the only one on the thread that doesn't understand that yet.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Uhm, Count Chocula. Chocolate Krave cereal for when the great Chocula draught commeth.
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jtbsab7xieda.jpg

Can anybody top those nutritional values :))))
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    What I can't understand is the resistance to so many posters here to getting to that caloric deficit by eating more healthy foods, and greatly reducing the intake of crap. Not eliminating. Reducing. I will never figure it out.

The only person in this discussion arguing elimination (and that would be FOR elimination) is the poster you're quoting.

I guess you've missed all the "sugar isn't bad for you" comments. Of course it's not bad if you have a little. But it's bad for you if you have a lot (source - AHA and hundreds of others).

Be sure you inform captain broscience. Apparently he's the only one on the thread that doesn't understand that yet.

Nah, there's nothing wrong with sugar. These folks are just making it up because they are in the aspartame business, and want people to keep drinking diet soda.

http://authoritynutrition.com/10-disturbing-reasons-why-sugar-is-bad/

Ok...so now you're back to the "all sugar is bad regardless of context or dosage" argument. It would be nice if you could just stick to one position and not moving goalposts in every post.

And pro tip: Internet blogs aren't exactly the best source for science and facts.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    3 Words: Honey Nut Cheerios
  • lojainghm
    lojainghm Posts: 10
    Options
    I eat fruitloop
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I love Kellog's actually the Vanilla one, but I go for golden grahams, captain crunch berries or reeses puff's!!

Eat whatever cereal you love and make it fit :)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating cereal a long time ago. Too processed. You can lose with eating whatever keeps you in a deficit. However, I didn't find appropriate cereal servings filling....
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Nah, there's nothing wrong with sugar. These folks are just making it up because they are in the aspartame business, and want people to keep drinking diet soda.

http://authoritynutrition.com/10-disturbing-reasons-why-sugar-is-bad/

Ok...so now you're back to the "all sugar is bad regardless of context or dosage" argument. It would be nice if you could just stick to one position and not moving goalposts in every post.

And pro tip: Internet blogs aren't exactly the best source for science and facts.

And you are?

Read the article. It differentiates between refined sugar and sugar from fruit.

That only makes it worse.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    I love Kellog's actually the Vanilla one, but I go for golden grahams, captain crunch berries or reeses puff's!!

Eat whatever cereal you love and make it fit :)

I forgot that Golden Grahams exist. Thank you for reminding me about them. I'm so happy about this thread!

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Honey hoops.

Science.