30 Day Shred - Start: May 9th

Options

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Well done, Jen!

As far as the calorie question goes, I think that most people log it under 20 minutes circuit training. The entire workout from the first arm cross to the last stretch is a little over 26 minutes. If I were to log 26 minutes of circuit training I would get 222 calories. My hrm shows me burning around 210 for the same 26 minutes of level 1. So it is pretty close if you count it as 26 minutes instead of 20. My totals were even closer on the other 2 levels.
    Thanks Kate, and thanks for the HRM comparrison. I don't have a HRM so use MFP calculations. I only log it as 20mins incase MFP over estimate.
    Notice you have a trophy. What does D.I.T.R stand for?
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 4 is done level 1...didnt really want to do this after a 16 hour shift . still sore and going back to bed.
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey all! can I still join this group or is it too late? I should be getting my dvd this weekend hoping to start in mon!!
  • hglmin
    hglmin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting tomorrow, I have done it a few times before but always gave up cause my legs were killin me, not this time Im gonna kick some butt :) Good luck to everyone!!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    syd1980.. Well done for doing it after a long shift. Hope you are having a good sleep.

wagsgirls... welcome

hglmin... also welcome, I know about the sore legs. I notice you have about the same weight to lose as me, well I need to lose more than you, but boy will I be happy even with another 20lbs. But I also notice you are 20 years younger than me, so if I can do it you can. Come on girlie lets do it. OMG I sound like my mum. :laugh:
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Day 4, Level 1... done! I'm doing 10 days at each level as well.
    Also, my leg started cracking a bit during the last butt kicks. I got a pretty nasty injury on my right leg at a show a few months back, and it's been bothering me on and off since. Is it possible I have an untreated fracture? I'm just worried with the past eating disorder issues, it could lead to some gnarly bone damage. Someone told me it might need amputation if it gets infected. Yikes!!! :explode: I will pee on everything you love, Moshpit Guy!
    Adelphia... Hurt yourself in a mosh-pit eh? That sucks. I stand back from those... FAR back. I would go easy on the butt kicks. Do them small, without kicking your butt, or modify it with another low impact move, or (as Jen would say) walking on the spot. You can put a lot of energy into walking on the spot, swinging your arms (while controlling the movement), and burn lots of calories!
    Agreed... I would do them small (half a butt kick) or do a full butt kick without jumping but shifting from one leg to the other instead. I would get your leg checked out as well - just to be on the safe side.

By this time tomorrow, we'll already be half way done Level 1... keep going!!
  • smtraxx
    smtraxx Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    D5 of L1 done. I had a sneak peak at L2 oh my oh my I think I need to work a bit harder to get to that. Looks good but.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    D2 of L1 done. I did not want to do it yesterday :) I was glad I did when I finished. I seen the beginning of Lev 2 I gotta work harder to get there too :)
  • smessom32
    smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 done

Half way through Level 1 test is keeping it up over the weekend
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Awesome job all you fellow Shredders!! :drinker:
    Hey all! can I still join this group or is it too late? I should be getting my dvd this weekend hoping to start in mon!!
    START NOW!! :bigsmile:
    OMG I sound like my mum. :laugh:
    :laugh:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I have completed my day with a 45minute brisk walk which included up 80 stairs and down the same dam stairs. what goes up must come down. Then I went straight into a 90minute ballet class. Felt good at the time, but now I'm thinking how am I going to get up and face Jillian in the morning.

smesson32 - weekends are a challenge, I will be getting up earlier to fit it in. No sleep ins on the weekend anymore. :sad:

smtraxx and froglegjack- this is my second round of 30 DS. The first time I tried level 2 but found it too hard for me so went back to level 1. I would really like to manage level 2 this time. But am scared.

sassy - I would like to think I could do 10 days at each level. We will see i have to first conquer level 2.

I now have a date with a Radox Bath. :laugh:
  • Macmommac
    Macmommac Posts: 14
    Options
    Day 4, Level..... 2
    Good morning fellow Shredders! Well, I thought to myself last night that I should at attempt level 2. Level 1 is hard and all, I thought, but I want the most for my work out. With that in mind and a smile on my face I innocently started level 2.
    If I could have reached the dvd player or even the remote after the first set of ab works I probably would have turned it off then.
    When I woke up and peeled myself off my mat, I realized that even though I want to push myself I am a Level 1 person...at least for now. I did however finish level 2, I just don't remember much there towards the end...:laugh:
    Good luck to everyone!
  • Macmommac
    Macmommac Posts: 14
    Options
    :happy:
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The DVD is coming in the post tomorrow! Good luck everyone!!!

P.S. My name is Steph too!!!
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    URG YOU GUYS. URG. My knee officially gave out last night, about halfway through the third strength section. Feels like I just strained it, probably didn't stretch enough these past couple nights post-workout. Nursing this (censor)ing thing back to health over the weekend, if that's alright. I'll hop right back in on Monday, I just need a few days off.

Steph, I really should take your advice and see a doctor. This leg is getting ridiculous. :explode:
  • maryff
    maryff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 4, Level..... 2
    Good morning fellow Shredders! Well, I thought to myself last night that I should at attempt level 2. Level 1 is hard and all, I thought, but I want the most for my work out. With that in mind and a smile on my face I innocently started level 2.
    If I could have reached the dvd player or even the remote after the first set of ab works I probably would have turned it off then.
    When I woke up and peeled myself off my mat, I realized that even though I want to push myself I am a Level 1 person...at least for now. I did however finish level 2, I just don't remember much there towards the end...:laugh:
    Good luck to everyone!

:laugh: I thought about trying level 2 because I was a little bored with level 1 (even though it's still kickin my butt). Glad I didn't!! I'll gladly stay with level 1 for five more days.

I finally did my measurements...better late than never:
    neck: 13 3/4
    arms: 13
    chest: 42 3/4
    waist: 36
    stomach (roll above the waist): 38 1/2
    hips: 42 1/2
    thighs: 21 1/2
    calves: 15
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Day 4, Level..... 2
    Good luck to everyone!
    That's awesome. I love your enthusiasm! :laugh: :drinker:

Harkins86... Hey Steph. Also born in '86?
    URG YOU GUYS. URG. My knee officially gave out last night, about halfway through the third strength section. Feels like I just strained it, probably didn't stretch enough these past couple nights post-workout. Nursing this (censor)ing thing back to health over the weekend, if that's alright. I'll hop right back in on Monday, I just need a few days off.

Steph, I really should take your advice and see a doctor. This leg is getting ridiculous. :explode:
    Adelphia... DON'T DO ONE MORE DAY OF THE SHRED!! Get this thing figured out! You don't wanna stress it any further. You're super young still, and whatever this is, it will heal for sure, but only if you get it checked out now. Get to that doctor, and find out what it is. While you're there, ask if it's ok for you to be doing a workout that is high impact. I'm taking today off, and I'm gonna be missing quite a few days in the future, so by the time we both get back on this thing, we'll both be a little "behind", but that's perfectly fine. Safety first!!! :flowerforyou:

maryff... After Macmommac's experience, I'll bet you're really happy to be sticking with L1. :bigsmile:
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I found the dvd really HARD today!!! I wanted to start level 2 on the 10th day, but level 1 is
    still kicking my butt!!! I really didn't want to do it today, but I did and it still hurts!!!

On I side note...... I never knew jumping jacks would be so hard!!! 30 seconds feels like
    an eternity!!!! :noway:
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Good Afternoon! Just finish level 2, day 6....that doesn't seem possible that it's been almost 2 weeks since I started shredding?? I am trying to boost up to 5 pound weights on a few of the strength exercises (I've been doing 3 pounds) and to not to do the modified moves on the plank portions. Made it SO much harder!

I agree with those of you who mentioned weekends being the hardest. I find it harder to fit in a workout when there are so many more fun things to do :) But, I love to eat so the opportunity to eat back my exercise calories is a wonderful motivator!

Have a great weekend everyone and keep up the hard work!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm on Day 7 of level 1! Do you mind if I join you all??

I have one question - I can keep up fine with all of the exercises - even the "hard" versions of them, but I can't do the pushups!! I can do maybe 10 full pushups the first time, then I have to go into the cheat ones. The second round I can only get two or three full pushups. Were you guys able to do the pushups for the full amount of time before you switched to level 2??