Appetite Suppressant - Pills

Options

Replies

• eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I looked into them because I was having a hard time in the evenings. No matter how I did all day or what I ate for supper I wanted to snack at night. It felt like I was always hungry and it was frustrating. I recently for a Fitbit and have been working out multiple times a day and focusing more on that than on food and drinking way more water. I do not feel hungry or crave food anymore. This has only been in the past 1.5-2 weeks.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    busseybl wrote: »
    I listen to my body.

You are literally asking for recommendations on how to silence your body.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I looked into them because I was having a hard time in the evenings. No matter how I did all day or what I ate for supper I wanted to snack at night. It felt like I was always hungry and it was frustrating. I recently for a Fitbit and have been working out multiple times a day and focusing more on that than on food and drinking way more water. I do not feel hungry or crave food anymore. This has only been in the past 1.5-2 weeks.

OP is simply not eating enough. It would be great if you could stop giving bad advice. Thanks.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    For starters, it's okay to have an appetite and feel hungry. Embrace feeling hungry, because it is your body's way of telling you it's time to eat. Just because you feel a twinge of hunger doesn't mean you have to jump up and eat. Learn that first.

I love this. As someone who has started and stopped more times than I can count, this is the biggest lesson for me. thanks!

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Pharmacist here, and no, I do not have any recommendations for appetite suppressants.
    Just eat enough fat and protein to satiate you in your daily calorie allotment?
    This is what works for me. Avoiding a low fat diet is what helps me control my appetite. I have a 1200 calorie daily goal, and I'm rarely hungry. I owe a lot of that to eating enough fat. I used to think I needed to eat low fat everything (thanks 1980's), and I was so hungry and miserable all the time. Much happier now, and much more successful at losing weight.
    quoting because of awesomeness. so much right here.

Also, I just read you eat 1200 and burn 750-800 total? So you are basically eating 400 calories a day.

EAT.

MORE.

FOOD.

Seriously. This is way too little. Google Scooby calculator and learn how much you should truly eat. This is NOT healthy.
  • redheaddee
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I would also suggest that OP up her protein intake to feel more full longer and avoid foods like almonds which are great for you, but are a calorie dense snack that may not be as "filling" as other snack options.

OP is netting 450 calories!

Highly, highly unlikely.

That's not everyday. Ideally, I'd like to keep my net below 1000 on a daily basis , not because of eating too little but because of working out a lot.

NO.

Hell no.

This is not healthy and you will fail in the long term. And I am not being even a little snarky.

My 6 year old eats more than that.

Please for the love of god, do some reading. Crazy things like medical journals, textbooks, places where peer-reviewed, tested, empirically sound information lives.

You will eventually destroy your metabolism and do long term damage to your organs.

They would feed you more calories in a coma for pete's sake.

The misinformation regarding healthy eating is astonishing, and it makes me sad. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I knew.
  • busseybl
    busseybl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This forum is actually helpful to me. I will start trying to eat more, but if I'm full of low calorie veggies, I don't see why I need to add higher calories foods to get my counts up. Maybe I'll try doubling my protein and lowering my veggie consumption to get more calories in.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    This forum is actually helpful to me. I will start trying to eat more, but if I'm full of low calorie veggies, I don't see why I need to add higher calories foods to get my counts up. Maybe I'll try doubling my protein and lowering my veggie consumption to get more calories in.

Good. I'm glad you feel like you are getting good advice!

Hunger does not adequately express nutrition. So, even if you feel full, that doesn't mean that you have properly fueled your body. I could eat a head of broccoli for each meal and possibly feel full, but I would be woefully under calories and I would not be getting the important nutrients like dietary fat and protein.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

That sounds like a plan.

Lower calorie veggies are great for fiber and micronutrients....but complete nutrition is more than this. Calorie dense foods can be nutritionally dense too. Protein and fat support lean muscle and many bodily functions. Feeling full is not a good indicator of proper nutrition.
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have had success using WellBetX PGX Plus Mulberry capsules. They're mostly fiber, but they help regulate your blood sugar and fill you up.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

If you are "full," on so few calories, then why do you want an appetite suppressant?

2-3 pounds per week is TOO FAST for someone your size. You are losing muscle mass, not just fat. SLOW DOWN. Seriously, your Very Low Calorie program (something that is expressly against the rules here, FOR GOOD REASON) is dangerous, unsustainable, and frankly a fast track to nowhere but constant yo-yo dieting, bingeing, and guilt.

Go for a small caloric deficit, eat back about half of what MFP says are your exercise calories and BE PATIENT. There is no finish line. You are going to be eating for the rest of your life, and if you want to stay fit for that time, you need to learn to moderate and eat in a way that you CAN for the rest of your life. Rushing weight loss makes no sense.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

In your first post, you say your current pill isn't doing much for appetite suppression and you ask for recommendations for another. If you are full, why are you seeking appetite suppression recommendations?
  • busseybl
    busseybl Posts: 32 Member
    Options

In your first post, you say your current pill isn't doing much for appetite suppression and you ask for recommendations for another. If you are full, why are you seeking appetite suppression recommendations?

Because I would like to eat even less. I wanted to cut out snacks. This forum has made me rethink my strategy.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Because I would like to eat even less. I wanted to cut out snacks. This forum has made me rethink my strategy.

Good. Cutting too deep, losing too fast? It's a recipe for failure. In weight loss, the tortoise always wins....Slow and steady, eat in a way you are willing to continue for the rest of your life. The only finish line to a healthy diet is the grave.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Hoodia is supposed to be a natural suppressant found in africa that hunters used so they did not feel hungry while hunting. You can get pills with that in it

People chew coca for that too. Still wouldn't recommend it.
  • PRMinx
    Options

I think you need to re-evaluate your relationship with calorie counting - and food in general. Seriously, if you think you need to cut even more than my response is...seek professional help to understand why that is.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Pharmacist here, and no, I do not have any recommendations for appetite suppressants.
    Just eat enough fat and protein to satiate you in your daily calorie allotment?
    This is what works for me. Avoiding a low fat diet is what helps me control my appetite. I have a 1200 calorie daily goal, and I'm rarely hungry. I owe a lot of that to eating enough fat. I used to think I needed to eat low fat everything (thanks 1980's), and I was so hungry and miserable all the time. Much happier now, and much more successful at losing weight.
    FYI, 1200 calories is still pretty low.

Some people won't lose weight unless they eat 1200 calories.
  • redheaddee
    Options

Because I would like to eat even less. I wanted to cut out snacks. This forum has made me rethink my strategy .

Good for you. What a breath of fresh air. I can't even.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »

Because I would like to eat even less. I wanted to cut out snacks. This forum has made me rethink my strategy .

Good for you. What a breath of fresh air. I can't even.

And also this, if you really mean it.