Busy mom's fun at home fitness!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Nice job Lizzy! It's so nice that we're finally getting spring weather. I walked the dog around the block twice yesterday.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Today was sprints day. I was supposed to do 8 but died after 5 but still kept walking (actually I had to in order to get back home). I'm doing the Runkeeper Beginner 5K plan. It is one of the free ones.
  • jm216
    Options
    That's awesome! (*)
  • jm216
    Options
    If anyone is looking for an free iPhone pedometer, I love Striiv! It works even syncs with My Fitness Pal. Just make sure you charge your phone often.
  • Tab122377
    Tab122377 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Working mom of 3 boys, help with husband small business doing addition on our house. I been putting dinner in the oven and doing 20 mins work out. that and not really sitting when I'm home.... once the snow melts we take the boys out for bike rides weather permitting.
  • jm216
    Options
    Tab, you are a busy mom...and you still find time for at home exercise! That's awesome!!
  • jm216
    Options
    I love Spring cleaning... I just wish I could squeeze all of it into one day. I start too many projects at once...but I'm at 8,200 steps alread
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Have fun today. :D
  • tigeryujah
    tigeryujah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I would love to join your thread. I am a working mom and have an 8 month old boy who is crawling everywhere!!! Must watch him at all times!! I find it so difficult to get a workout in cause I have to wash dishes and straighten up instead. Besides I have no energy and fall asleep after my son does (takes like an hour to put him to sleep
  • jm216
    Options
    Hi Tiger! We remember those days with a toddler...HE is your exercise plan. :) You can have crawling races with him, roll around on the floor with him...and have fun....hopefully it'll tire him out.
  • jm216
    Options
    I took Roxie for a walk this morning in my pajamas in the fog. Ok, I always take her for a walk in my PJs. ;) I love my toasty jams.

The sidewalks were still icy, but by afternoon they'll just be wet. Enjoy your walk, but watch out for ice. Only 9 days until Spring!
  • jm216
    Options
    My friend called and asked if I wanted to take a walk around the neighborhood...45 minutes later Roxie is passed out exhausted, and I got to catch up with a friend. 8,000 steps so far. Time for quick trip to the grocery store, then off to work at 1:30. "I feel good (na na na na na na na)... I knew that I would now" B)
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Hi Tiger! Those days seem so far away with all 3 being in college now. I had a "safe zone" in my kitchen where I would take out some plastic storage containers and a pot or two and some wooden spoons and let the kids play within eye shot so I could get cooking and dishes done. I agree with jm an 8 month old is a workout in himself. Carrying him or running after him and bending down to pick things up off the floor so he doesn't get to them. Your main priority is eating right. then you can find some fun activities like dancing to silly songs that you can do with your little one.
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    jm216 - 8,000 steps- Wow :D
  • kaym0502
    kaym0502 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Great ideas! I try to go for walks with toddler in stroll. Also try youtube videos on my tv when toddler is asleep. I love the dancing during house cleaning idea. Might have to steal that one!
  • jm216
    Options
    Goodnight all! Feels good to be in bed before 11:00.
  • jm216
    Options
    It's gonna be a great day...can you feel it?
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Road was a bit icy today but I got over 1.5 miles in. :D I can feel a great day coming on
  • jm216
    Options
    Day 2 of my neighborhood walk with Roxie and a friend... An AWESOME way to start the day...off to work!
  • jm216
    Options
    Way to go, Lizzy!