Different kinds of tea...

Options

Replies

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    RedPanda85 wrote: »
    I drink insane amounts of tea because it's all super stocked at work. There are about ten different tea varieties. Mostly bigelow and a couple celestial.

It's easy to keep drinking tea when you have instant hot water spouts everywhere!!

My favorite is green tea but it's nice sometimes to mix a green tea with bigelow black cherry or bigelow raspberry zinger. They're sweet so you use less sugar or honey but you still get the caffeine from the green tea.

I usually double bag my teas and never use sugar of milk/cream. Occasionally I'll use a bit of honey.

I tried yogi teas a couple times -- ugh hate it!!

What are yogi teas?
  • iwearthejumper32
    iwearthejumper32 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Organic chocolate chai! So good.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Try Yorkshire tea.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If you want to become a crazy tea person or just learn a lot about loose leaf tea, www.steepster.com is a very friendly community.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I drink insane amounts of tea because it's all super stocked at work. There are about ten different tea varieties. Mostly bigelow and a couple celestial.

It's easy to keep drinking tea when you have instant hot water spouts everywhere!!

My favorite is green tea but it's nice sometimes to mix a green tea with bigelow black cherry or bigelow raspberry zinger. They're sweet so you use less sugar or honey but you still get the caffeine from the green tea.

I usually double bag my teas and never use sugar of milk/cream. Occasionally I'll use a bit of honey.

What are yogi teas?

It is a brand, They carry more tisanes than actual teas, kind of like Celestial Seasonings.

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i get stuff from davids tea. it is expensive compared to other tea shops but the quality is great and its most convenient for me. plus i only have 1 or so a day so even if it is a little more than otehr places it doesnt break the bank
  • earlnabby
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you want to become a crazy tea person or just learn a lot about loose leaf tea, www.steepster.com is a very friendly community.

Never heard of it. I am already signed up. :p THANK YOU!

I now have 3 obsessions that require an online community: Tea; losing weight and getting fit; and growing long and healthy hair.

• jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options

I have a full cabinet of Teavana teas..I like a huge assortment depending on my mood. I have discovered I like the bigelow just as well. Everyone raved about Yogi and I too, have tried 3 different flavors. I thought they were horrible!!!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Never heard of it. I am already signed up. :p THANK YOU!

I now have 3 obsessions that require an online community: Tea; losing weight and getting fit; and growing long and healthy hair.

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options

I'm going to take a look at that!

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    jadior wrote: »

I have a full cabinet of Teavana teas..I like a huge assortment depending on my mood. I have discovered I like the bigelow just as well. Everyone raved about Yogi and I too, have tried 3 different flavors. I thought they were horrible!!!

I just got my teavana order and I love it! I got a mint green tea plus they sent me a free sample of a oolong tea called Maharaja Samurai and they're both REALLY good!
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just got my teavana order and I love it! I got a mint green tea plus they sent me a free sample of a oolong tea called Maharaja Samurai and they're both REALLY good!
    [/quote]

It can be pricey so beware :smile:
    I love the mint. They also have a white chocolate peppermint which I love in the winter with a splash of almond milk. (hot)
  • cocobear29
    Options
    Adagio is the best place to buy tea from. They are cheap, reliable, and tasty! I've tried their earl grey bravo and it's amazing! I love (literally) all of their white teas.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Keurig makes a hibiscus tea that is so awesome. When I want it on ice, I throw a little stevia in there and it's very refreshing! Target also makes a great vanilla chai that makes a wonderful breakfast when you add almond milk or cashew milk. I love tea!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

What are yogi teas?

It is a brand, They carry more tisanes than actual teas, kind of like Celestial Seasonings.

OMG, i asked my boyfriend to pick up some tea for me a few years back (i was drinking mostly fruit teas then) and he grabbed the Yogi Berry Detox tea. I had never had it before but decided what the hell, surely it's just a berry tea with fake "detox" properties.

I have never been on the toilet for so long in my LIFE. Awful!!
  • earlnabby
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

What are yogi teas?

OMG, i asked my boyfriend to pick up some tea for me a few years back (i was drinking mostly fruit teas then) and he grabbed the Yogi Berry Detox tea. I had never had it before but decided what the hell, surely it's just a berry tea with fake "detox" properties.

I have never been on the toilet for so long in my LIFE. Awful!!

Yeah, those "detox" and "slimming" teas are made with senna which is a laxative.

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    jadior wrote: »

It can be pricey so beware :smile:
    I love the mint. They also have a white chocolate peppermint which I love in the winter with a splash of almond milk. (hot) [/quote]

I buy there every so often just because they are so expensive. It's owned my Starbucks so I can see why it's pricey.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    I can no longer tolerate caffeine so have to drink herbal. My favourites are Numi brand dry desert lime, and an organic ginger I get from the health food store. During my period I drink a raspberry leaf tea, which is amazing for cramps. When I could have caffeine my favourites were a green tea with honey and ginger and Irish Breakfast. Chai tea was always a treat.
  • BDavis2623
    Options
    Not sure if you have one in your area but Holiday Market carries loose leaf tea at a good price around 1.50-2.00 an ounce. I prefer organic herbal caffeine free tea. They have a Mango Carnival that is awesome. And their African safari, rose, stary night(peppermint) are all good too. They carry Deckan teas. (Deckancoffee.com). I have read that Teavana tea isn't organic, and it has too many pesticides. And when I asked in store they danced around it. Hope this helps.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    BDavis2623 wrote: »
    Not sure if you have one in your area but Holiday Market carries loose leaf tea at a good price around 1.50-2.00 an ounce. I prefer organic herbal caffeine free tea. They have a Mango Carnival that is awesome. And their African safari, rose, stary night(peppermint) are all good too. They carry Deckan teas. (Deckancoffee.com). I have read that Teavana tea isn't organic, and it has too many pesticides. And when I asked in store they danced around it. Hope this helps.

Very, very little tea is certified organic, but most is grown without herbicides and pesticides. Just like spices, the majority is grown in third world countries by smaller estates and community collectives. Only the huge factory farms are able to make deals with the US government for certification. Organic certification is a USDA thing and they rarely certify anything not grown in the US because they have no control over the growing conditions.

Tisanes can be different because there is little to no tea in them.