Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I confess I'm going to be seriously ticked if all this housecleaning arguing gets the thread shut down.

I've had my say and will disregard further posts on the subject, so there won't be any further escalation from me. The offending post will probably be removed (if that), and that's okay.

Calm down brother!

giphy.gif
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I confess I'm going to be seriously ticked if all this housecleaning arguing gets the thread shut down.

I've had my say and will disregard further posts on the subject, so there won't be any further escalation from me. The offending post will probably be removed (if that), and that's okay.

Calm down brother!

giphy.gif

That's totally me walking away! I just kicked two of my co-workers in the face on my out the door.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ^^ Reminds me, looking more into DDP Yoga. Going to talk to the doctor about it, but I have a feeling I'll have to do it when husband's not home. He started yelling taglines just from me having the overview video going.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My co-workers (some of them) take advantage of the loose management style in my office and it pisses me off to no end! Showing up late, then working late to make up for it. Showing up late, then working through lunch to make up for it. Not showing up to work at all, which causes issues for other employees in the office (namely me & my front office partner). I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BRING THE HAMMER DOWN AND FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could take advantage if I wanted to, but I don't because I have a good work ethic, unlike some people I work with!

I'm a firm believer in karma and I'm sure this will pay off for you at some point! People DO notice that you don't participate in the other employee's half-assed attitudes and generally those people will make sure you are rewarded.

I can't really see the issue. If they're making back the time. My office is like that and we come in at times that best suit us (though I'm not there at the moment and there's strict and crazy long hours here :( ) but we're all adults and manage our time to make sure we hit our deadlines.

I'm sure it just varies depending on the industry and office dynamics. Yes, they may be making up the time, but if they are not coming in when they are supposed to eventually it wears down the morale of the office and erodes authority. But, management should see this and take care of it ASAP.

Ah, yeah I guess that makes sense. I'm paid a salary to do a specific job, whether it takes 6 hours today and 10 hours tomorrow or whatever. I'm incredibly thankful that I don't have to keep my butt in the seat for exactly 8 hours/day and take an hour for lunch.
  • Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Ohhh My lol its okay sweety it sounds like something i would have to do

I would have to do the same as I buy the INDUSTRIAL size tub/vat of peanut butter..... ugh!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    The problem with being "just messy" is that you can't really see/properly clean what is underneath the mess. If your kids are old enough to shower alone, they are old enough to mop up after themselves...and probably fold laundry too. Once your children are beyond toddlerhood, there is really no excuse.

All of these things are relative of course. My friends think that I am a neat freak. My mother thinks that I am a slob because I don't wipe out my refrigerator with bleach once a week. :)

Thinking that being messy makes you interesting is like thinking that wearing un-matched socks makes you a rebel. Really, it is just sad.

*judging judging judging*

Really. Can you please find more ways to insult my unkempt house and how I'm raising my children? Pretty please?

Well, if the dirty shoe fits...

enough with the dirty/clean judging... I think we all got your point.

Hey, thanks for joining the thread just to tell me to shut up.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession - I get very annoyed when restaurants don't put their dessert menu online. It's like the most important part of the meal!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    livijane07 wrote: »
    I listen to Marvin Gaye's 'Sexual Healing' while I work the thigh abductor, and make uncomfortable eye contact with anyone in the vicinity.

Bwahaha! That's the one machine at my gym I'm happy faces the wall. My old gym had the abductor in the middle of the floor so brodudes would ALWAYS walk past. I would always make awkward faces at them.

Confession: All this talk about cleaning just makes me think about the people at the gym who never wipe down machines. Ugh...gross.

Goodness yes. I go to a very fancy gym, but it seems like only about 10% of the users actually wipe down machines. It's so disgusting.

Don't even get me started on cleansing showers and the pool....especially the women who get in with dry hair and full makeup!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm not having any stress over wedding planning or discussion, and I feel like there's something wrong with me. All of our friends who have gotten married have freaked out to some degree, and I'm just over here like "Oh, hey. Let's buy 25 IKEA lanterns for centerpieces and throw some fake leaves around. Done!" I suck at being a girl.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I get very annoyed when restaurants don't put their dessert menu online. It's like the most important part of the meal!

You're like my spirit animal.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    My co-workers (some of them) take advantage of the loose management style in my office and it pisses me off to no end! Showing up late, then working late to make up for it. Showing up late, then working through lunch to make up for it. Not showing up to work at all, which causes issues for other employees in the office (namely me & my front office partner). I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BRING THE HAMMER DOWN AND FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could take advantage if I wanted to, but I don't because I have a good work ethic, unlike some people I work with!

I'm a firm believer in karma and I'm sure this will pay off for you at some point! People DO notice that you don't participate in the other employee's half-assed attitudes and generally those people will make sure you are rewarded.

I can't really see the issue. If they're making back the time. My office is like that and we come in at times that best suit us (though I'm not there at the moment and there's strict and crazy long hours here :( ) but we're all adults and manage our time to make sure we hit our deadlines.

I'm sure it just varies depending on the industry and office dynamics. Yes, they may be making up the time, but if they are not coming in when they are supposed to eventually it wears down the morale of the office and erodes authority. But, management should see this and take care of it ASAP.

Ah, yeah I guess that makes sense. I'm paid a salary to do a specific job, whether it takes 6 hours today and 10 hours tomorrow or whatever. I'm incredibly thankful that I don't have to keep my butt in the seat for exactly 8 hours/day and take an hour for lunch.

We have set schedules and whatever your schedule is, you're supposed to work. Period. Anything else requires supervisor approval. However, these people have been doing this for so long with nobody saying anything they think it's normal and okay. It's just annoying seeing people be irresponsible when they should know better.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm not having any stress over wedding planning or discussion, and I feel like there's something wrong with me. All of our friends who have gotten married have freaked out to some degree, and I'm just over here like "Oh, hey. Let's buy 25 IKEA lanterns for centerpieces and throw some fake leaves around. Done!" I suck at being a girl.

Mine was like that - I ordered just about everything online, and sent my bridesmaids to to the mall together with a dress color, rest was up to them.
  • freegrace
    freegrace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    livijane07 wrote: »
    I listen to Marvin Gaye's 'Sexual Healing' while I work the thigh abductor, and make uncomfortable eye contact with anyone in the vicinity.

That made me laugh right out loud. Hilarious and yet a bit creepy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I went to the courthouse on a Monday morning in a $20 dress. Eighteen years later, best decision ever (which makes my post about hiring cleaning help really my second best decision ever, not my first :p )!!
  • alwilkey
    alwilkey Posts: 14
    Options
    I eat Jimmy Johns like 4x a week. cuz I'm lazy. it's filling and has nice protein. maybe that's why i'm not losing! ;)
  • alwilkey
    alwilkey Posts: 14
    Options
    If I'm over by just a few calories at the end of the day, I'll add in more of my exercise to keep the number green.

I'm also done updating my weight on MFP, because it keeps dropping my calories and I'm too lazy to set it manually.

I quick add calories to avoid diary entries like "Pringles, one tube."

I think I died a little bit from laughing at this so hard!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I want BZAH10's shoulders. Well, I want a matched set of the one that shows in her avatar, lol.

However, in reality, it is unlikely that I have the self-discipline or the perseverance to do what it takes to accomplish that. Sigh.

Why, THANK YOU! I sincerely appreciate the compliment! The thing is, my shoulders are the easiest body part for me to sculpt, so I kind of (probably) over do it, just because I like seeing the results. Also, when I watch TV at night I sit on the floor and stretch and I keep 2 3 lb. dumbells next to me and do all kinds of shoulder exercises: arm circles (forward & backward), up & down presses, several others that I have no name for (sorry!) but I've found using the super light weight and high reps works really well.

Okay, that I can do, lol. And will start immediately. (Well, okay, not at my desk... although that might become a possibility in future) Light weight doesn't scare me but I do baby my shoulders a little with regard to heavy lifting because of previous rotator cuff injuries.

Honestly, from the look of those shoulders, I was expecting to hear that you'd done several bulk/cut cycles and OHP the equivalent of your body weight or some such. And the bulk/cut thing is unwieldy for me because I am not the cook in our household (for which I am profoundly grateful) so I don't get to dictate meals.

Oh, no! I enjoy lifting, but otherwise I'm extremely lazy and all those calculations sound exhausting! To be honest, I don't even track my food or calories anymore. I'm more of the "intuitive" type as far as that goes. Also, I do planks just about every night before I stretch and I notice those are quite killer on my shoulders as well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession: I want BZAH10's shoulders. Well, I want a matched set of the one that shows in her avatar, lol.

However, in reality, it is unlikely that I have the self-discipline or the perseverance to do what it takes to accomplish that. Sigh.

Why, THANK YOU! I sincerely appreciate the compliment! The thing is, my shoulders are the easiest body part for me to sculpt, so I kind of (probably) over do it, just because I like seeing the results. Also, when I watch TV at night I sit on the floor and stretch and I keep 2 3 lb. dumbells next to me and do all kinds of shoulder exercises: arm circles (forward & backward), up & down presses, several others that I have no name for (sorry!) but I've found using the super light weight and high reps works really well.

Okay, that I can do, lol. And will start immediately. (Well, okay, not at my desk... although that might become a possibility in future) Light weight doesn't scare me but I do baby my shoulders a little with regard to heavy lifting because of previous rotator cuff injuries.

Honestly, from the look of those shoulders, I was expecting to hear that you'd done several bulk/cut cycles and OHP the equivalent of your body weight or some such. And the bulk/cut thing is unwieldy for me because I am not the cook in our household (for which I am profoundly grateful) so I don't get to dictate meals.

Oh, no! I enjoy lifting, but otherwise I'm extremely lazy and all those calculations sound exhausting! To be honest, I don't even track my food or calories anymore. I'm more of the "intuitive" type as far as that goes. Also, I do planks just about every night before I stretch and I notice those are quite killer on my shoulders as well.

Yeah I think it's genetics. Some people 'bulk' more easily than others.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

No, you're doing it right! Being a bridezilla does NOT equate to being a true female. Don't let the others take you to the dark side! Haha. Do what you want and enjoy your wedding. Congrats!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    But then...I once got caught cleaning someone's bathroom at a party, so obviously I have a problem.

So...I confess that I'm kind of a psycho clean freak?

This is awesome. :)

Were you drunk?