Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession: I think most diet sodas are Gross - yes, capital G. I would much rather mostly exclude soda than ever drink Diet Pepsi or Coke.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have two boyfriends.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My husband due to a work injury (which is almost completely recovered) has the benefits of free regular GP visits, physiotherapy and PT sessions, gym membership and a dietician, and doesn't appreciate how lucky he is to have all these resources available to him.

He tells me I'm loopy for counting calories and rolls his eyes at me when I say "don't throw that box out, I need the barcode to log it".

The evil monkey in me wants to make sure I kick his a** in the weightloss department (rather than you know, trying to motivate him) with just MFP and my tiny office gym, to just so I can throw it in his face. I kind of feel guilty about not feeling guilty over this.

I'm also addicted to collecting lunchboxes.
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am both excited and scared for this weekend, I know I am going to blow my calories. ( I only feel a little guilty)
    My sons 16th is tomorrow and I already have the pork ribs marinating, and will bake a banana cake today after work.
    Then we go away for the night for my mums birthday on Saturday..... I saw the menu for where we are going for dinner and they have pork belly, I feel bad for my scales already.
    At least I can tell myself its not mindless hot chip eating at work right?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Confession: What I dub "Breakfast Ramen" is about 1200 calories of deliciousness for the amount I end up eating.

FTR: Breakfast Ramen usually is made in bulk and consists of draining the cooked ramen with seasoning packets, adding a couple tablespoons of mayonaisse (to 6 packets or so) 8oz pork breakfast sausage, a bag of frozen vegetables, a couple of eggs to the hot noodles and plenty of cheese. I also make a smiliar ramen meal with tuna, veggies and cheese.

Soooo good.

I freaking LOVE ramen. I may do this some day minus the sausage.

I've never eaten it as a soup, always completely drained with the seasoning. I haven't had any for years because of the wicked high sodium but the SO found a couple packs in the back of the cupboard and suggested adding it onto a meal... he'd never had it any way except soup-style and he thought my version sounded weird until he tried it.

I'm sure he'll like your version too. (Except I'll have to save the idea until I'm having a really low sodium stretch.)
  • virelay129
    virelay129 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    virelay129 wrote: »
    I went Gluten Free at the suggestion of both my doctor and personal trainer / friend for health issues. It has solved everything and ai feel better than ever...but after 2.5 years doing this....I still have yet to admit publicly that my main reason (without the input of doc and PT/driend) for doing it was to tell myself no for a good reason to all the yummy goodies that have gluten in them.....cupcakes, cake, bread, tortillas, etc...

Sounds like it worked for you for the right reasons and you have nothing to feel guilty about, nor the need to explain it to others! I do low carb because it works for me; not for any medical reason and I have no need to justify it to anyone. Keep it up if it works for you!

The difference is amazing. Eating out is very difficult and I've found that most waiters/waitresses get frustrated with my questions. But oh well, I only eat out once a week now.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: What I dub "Breakfast Ramen" is about 1200 calories of deliciousness for the amount I end up eating.

FTR: Breakfast Ramen usually is made in bulk and consists of draining the cooked ramen with seasoning packets, adding a couple tablespoons of mayonaisse (to 6 packets or so) 8oz pork breakfast sausage, a bag of frozen vegetables, a couple of eggs to the hot noodles and plenty of cheese. I also make a smiliar ramen meal with tuna, veggies and cheese.

Soooo good.

I freaking LOVE ramen. I may do this some day minus the sausage.

I've never eaten it as a soup, always completely drained with the seasoning. I haven't had any for years because of the wicked high sodium but the SO found a couple packs in the back of the cupboard and suggested adding it onto a meal... he'd never had it any way except soup-style and he thought my version sounded weird until he tried it.

I'm sure he'll like your version too. (Except I'll have to save the idea until I'm having a really low sodium stretch.)

My mom always made "fancy" ramen from the packets. She'd add onions and celery, sometimes carrots or whatever else we had on hand. Also frozen shrimp if we had it, maybe whisk in an egg... there would barely be any broth. Then she'd add a splash of vinegar. Now I am super, duper craving ramen... which I never buy, because that's the sort of food I binge on. Oh well, I'm adding it to next week's grocery list.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    dbienz wrote: »
    I have Celiac and can't eat gluten but when I get stressed I crave gluten. Not carbs, or bread, specifically gluten/wheat. If I'm super stressed I will eat a bagel and cream cheese (my former comfort food) and then be in pain for days. Despite all of that, it is totally worth it. I feel so much "better" after. I tried eating a gluten free bagel but its not the same. I know its ridiculous, I know its bad for me (trust me I can feel it), but the craving/desire/urge/whatever is so strong I can't even describe it.

I'm the same way with milk. If I have milk I will get really sick to my stomach. I have even broken out in hives, so I just avoid it altogether. On an extremely rare occasion, I want a real milk milkshake or ice cream and I will wait until I have a day off from work to get it. I know that I will have severe stomach distress, but it's worth it.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had a customer comment on my weight loss today. It's the first time someone has noticed since I have quietly recommitted to getting healthy.

Confession: I had two dinners tonight. I got home from work and made myself a sandwich a grilled cheese with Gouda and ham on Italian bread. It was figured into my calories. I was still hungry an hour later so I made another one.

I'm still within my calorie goal, but barely. ;)

• stephaniels0416
    stephaniels0416 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Confession: I think most diet sodas are Gross - yes, capital G. I would much rather mostly exclude soda than ever drink Diet Pepsi or Coke.

I completely agree with this. I can't drink diet, I'd rather go without.

I had a really low calorie morning so I planned to have lots of yummy gooey pizza for dinner. I was trying to decide where I was getting it (papa john's for the breadsticks dipped in cheese or pizza hut for wings) and the guy I just started sort of seeing asked if I wanted to come over and said he'd pick up pizza. On my way to his house I blew not one but two tires out, had to wait an hour and a half for a tow truck, and while the guy came to wait with me and brought the pizza, it was Domino's and not good. I wish I'd have stayed home and ordered my own, and not just because I'm now out the cost of new tires.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Having cheesy noodles with tons of spinach and pieces of pork loin in it... I'm starving... I will try not to fill my bowl all the way. T_T;;;
  • jyshma
    jyshma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    - i lie about how much i exercise because my body does not look like the body of someone who works out as much as i do.
    - ive been trying to lose the same 10-15 pounds for 8 years.
    - i have zero self control around sweets.
    - i ate 6 mini reese's fastbreaks yesterday (540 cals)
    - i ate an entire bag of gummi bears today (650 cals)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    The problem with being "just messy" is that you can't really see/properly clean what is underneath the mess. If your kids are old enough to shower alone, they are old enough to mop up after themselves...and probably fold laundry too. Once your children are beyond toddlerhood, there is really no excuse.

All of these things are relative of course. My friends think that I am a neat freak. My mother thinks that I am a slob because I don't wipe out my refrigerator with bleach once a week. :)

Thinking that being messy makes you interesting is like thinking that wearing un-matched socks makes you a rebel. Really, it is just sad.

*judging judging judging*
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have 22 calories left for the day because I'm home sick and when I have an upset tummy I just want things so I had chips and salsa, chocolate, ice cream and peanuts.
  • revgurl14
    Options
    I just want to be skinny. I know this isn't much of a confession, but I needed to tell someone. I feel like it's never going to happen. I'll keep trying though.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    I am DB Cooper

I've always been fascinated by this mystery.

The sketches of him look so much like an uncle of mine. He wasn't a paratrooper, but his uncle (my great uncle) was. He spent all of his adult life in the area where the hijacking happened...
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

I ate a box of cookies last night. i feel you.
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's 3:30am and I just ate four mega stuf oreos... I'm gonna feel awful all day tomorrow. I don't know why I do this to myself! The simple truth is that I can't buy cookies. I eat them all. It's next to impossible for me to control myself. Every time I pick up a box of cookies I think, I'll eat these really slowly... it never happens. Now I have a stomachache already. :-(
  • alastria
    alastria Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I taste my sweat during workout. If it's salty, I know i'm in trouble due to consumption of too much sodium.

I'm hardly ever disgusted, but lol, dang - that made me feel grossed out.
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't like wearing 'sports wear' when I'm outside because it's like you're announcing to the world 'Look at me, I'm exercising!" and I don't yet feel I can pull that off without inviting judgement because I don't look 'fit enough'. As such, I just wear normal clothes when I go for walks. On Monday I did a fairly brisk 5 miles and I worked up a good sweat. When I got home the lining of my good winter coat was soaked through. It's dry clean only so I turned it inside out, doused it with Febreze and left it on washing line to air out. That's OK, right? I've no idea if it stinks 'cos I have basically no sense of smell. I wore it to the beautician yesterday so I hope it doesn't.