Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I did the just "washing" with conditioner thing today to try and save time in the shower (my husband moves into the bathroom in the mornings and this one in particular he got in there late, which meant I was running late) and because it seemed to be a popular thing suggested in this thread. Result...I hate it!!! My hair looks dirtier, I think, than if I'd not done anything at all. I will not be doing that again.

Oh, yeah. I don't think it works for all hair types. Did you put conditioner on your scalp though? Because I can't do that or it makes my hair gross. I have to just condition the ends, starting about 3 inches down.

Maybe that's where I failed. I may try it again, or just beat my husband into the bathroom in the morning.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I want BZAH10's shoulders. Well, I want a matched set of the one that shows in her avatar, lol.

However, in reality, it is unlikely that I have the self-discipline or the perseverance to do what it takes to accomplish that. Sigh.

Why, THANK YOU! I sincerely appreciate the compliment! The thing is, my shoulders are the easiest body part for me to sculpt, so I kind of (probably) over do it, just because I like seeing the results. Also, when I watch TV at night I sit on the floor and stretch and I keep 2 3 lb. dumbells next to me and do all kinds of shoulder exercises: arm circles (forward & backward), up & down presses, several others that I have no name for (sorry!) but I've found using the super light weight and high reps works really well.

Okay, that I can do, lol. And will start immediately. (Well, okay, not at my desk... although that might become a possibility in future) Light weight doesn't scare me but I do baby my shoulders a little with regard to heavy lifting because of previous rotator cuff injuries.

Honestly, from the look of those shoulders, I was expecting to hear that you'd done several bulk/cut cycles and OHP the equivalent of your body weight or some such. And the bulk/cut thing is unwieldy for me because I am not the cook in our household (for which I am profoundly grateful) so I don't get to dictate meals.

Oh, no! I enjoy lifting, but otherwise I'm extremely lazy and all those calculations sound exhausting! To be honest, I don't even track my food or calories anymore. I'm more of the "intuitive" type as far as that goes. Also, I do planks just about every night before I stretch and I notice those are quite killer on my shoulders as well.

I'm not an easy bulker by any stretch of the imagination... if somatotypes were real (and I know they're not!), I'd be the quintessential ectomorph. Make that a menopausal ectomorph. The one advantage that I have is being really lean so what muscle I do have is quite defined.

Let's just hope I don't smash holes in the wall or take out any lamps doing this, lol. I'm a total klutz.

Planks are good... *adds to list* Thank you!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession: I think most diet sodas are Gross - yes, capital G. I would much rather mostly exclude soda than ever drink Diet Pepsi or Coke.

FACT!!! I couldn't care less if diet soda has zero calories or whatever. It's not worth suffering through the taste. I'll take my full calorie DP or Cherry Coke ANY DAY!!!

I used to think this and was definitely all about the full fat coke but I forced myself to switch to diet and eventually started to enjoy it. Now I can't stomach the normal version as I can REALLY taste the sugar and I can feel it lingering in my mouth afterwards. Same with tea - had that with 2 sugars and gradually cut down to zero. Drinking a sugary cup of tea now is way too sweet. I used to drink my coffee with milk and after starting to drink it black if I ever have a milky coffee now it makes me feel sick. I think you can train your tastebuds.

You probably can train your taste buds or acquire a taste for gross things. I'd rather just have a regular soda every now and then though. I cut sugar out of other places. If I'm having a treat, it's going to be a real one!

Preach it, Sister! I am not a huge sweets person, don't eat a lot of cookies, don't double down on cake or pie or ice cream or candy. I still have my chocolate bunny from last Easter that I need to eat before my husband does. But when I want an ice cold soda or tall glass of Southern sweet tea, you better believe that I am not about to skimp on the taste to save some stinkin' calories. Ain't gonna happen!

For real. It's not even worth it if the treat tastes like garbage.

Confession: I meant to grab the whole wheat Ritz crackers at the store, but when I got home I realized that I had somehow grabbed the bacon flavored ones. I could have taken them back, but I was too tired. After some trepidation, I tried one and it actually was pretty good.

I lived in Nashville for 9 years and loved sweet tea. I miss it sometimes I ordered sweet tea once up north and they brought me this nasty gross stuff that wasn't even worth trying.

That is the worst. I saved up some calories to have cake at a party a couple weeks ago, and then it was dry gross cake. So disappointing!

Totally feel you on this one! I think we should get a refund on those wasted calories. Who's in charge here?!

• cmseronka
    cmseronka Posts: 14
    Options
    I go to my free, hole in the wall gym provided by my employer. It's my sanctuary as well as some other gals I meet up with everyday at lunch. Some swole up douche bag came in today and dragged all the equipment into the middle of the floor and proceeded to toss dumbells around, steal weights, ogle butts, and try to sideline coach us. THEN, ladies and gentlemen, he grabbed one of my pals doing pullups around her legs to help shove her up over the bar! I'm mean spirited and hold a grudge. I want to kick him in his shrivled little sack. I outrank him and I think I can outrun him (those gorilla arms got mad wind drag) so tomorrow we take our gym back. WE ARE SPARTA!! *Crowd roars and beats its chest....
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm not having any stress over wedding planning or discussion, and I feel like there's something wrong with me. All of our friends who have gotten married have freaked out to some degree, and I'm just over here like "Oh, hey. Let's buy 25 IKEA lanterns for centerpieces and throw some fake leaves around. Done!" I suck at being a girl.

No, you're doing it right! Being a bridezilla does NOT equate to being a true female. Don't let the others take you to the dark side! Haha. Do what you want and enjoy your wedding. Congrats!

Agreed.
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today on my walk I spotted a half eaten bagel on the side of the road. In the past I would have assumed someone set it on the top of their car as they were getting in and then forgot it. Now thanks to this thread I'm wondering if someone tossed it out the window on purpose to avoid the calories.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Confession: I think most diet sodas are Gross - yes, capital G. I would much rather mostly exclude soda than ever drink Diet Pepsi or Coke.

FACT!!! I couldn't care less if diet soda has zero calories or whatever. It's not worth suffering through the taste. I'll take my full calorie DP or Cherry Coke ANY DAY!!!

I would also rather drink full Coke or Pepsi, but I cannot stand Diet Pepsi. I hate it so much. I like Diet Coke and Diet Rite, but that's it for diet sodas.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession: I'm not having any stress over wedding planning or discussion, and I feel like there's something wrong with me. All of our friends who have gotten married have freaked out to some degree, and I'm just over here like "Oh, hey. Let's buy 25 IKEA lanterns for centerpieces and throw some fake leaves around. Done!" I suck at being a girl.

I think this is awesome! I know if I had had a wedding, (was married by a judge in his living room almost 15 years ago :) ) I would have definitely been the bridezilla type of bride. Not on purpose, I just get stressed with really important events. I can never just sit back and enjoy. I'm a lunatic.

• MoHousdon
    Options

I went to the courthouse on a Monday morning in a $20 dress. Eighteen years later, best decision ever (which makes my post about hiring cleaning help really my second best decision ever, not my first :p )!!

Every post you make just reaffirms my decision to friend you in here. :smile:

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

No, you're doing it right! Being a bridezilla does NOT equate to being a true female. Don't let the others take you to the dark side! Haha. Do what you want and enjoy your wedding. Congrats!

You're totally doing it right. I planned my wedding in 6 months and there was absolutly nothing stressful about it. Venue, food, invitations, dress, tuxedos, easy peasy. Wedding planning shouldn't be hard or stressful. I'm pretty laid back anyways, maybe that helped.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Confession: I want BZAH10's shoulders. Well, I want a matched set of the one that shows in her avatar, lol.

However, in reality, it is unlikely that I have the self-discipline or the perseverance to do what it takes to accomplish that. Sigh.

Why, THANK YOU! I sincerely appreciate the compliment! The thing is, my shoulders are the easiest body part for me to sculpt, so I kind of (probably) over do it, just because I like seeing the results. Also, when I watch TV at night I sit on the floor and stretch and I keep 2 3 lb. dumbells next to me and do all kinds of shoulder exercises: arm circles (forward & backward), up & down presses, several others that I have no name for (sorry!) but I've found using the super light weight and high reps works really well.

Okay, that I can do, lol. And will start immediately. (Well, okay, not at my desk... although that might become a possibility in future) Light weight doesn't scare me but I do baby my shoulders a little with regard to heavy lifting because of previous rotator cuff injuries.

Honestly, from the look of those shoulders, I was expecting to hear that you'd done several bulk/cut cycles and OHP the equivalent of your body weight or some such. And the bulk/cut thing is unwieldy for me because I am not the cook in our household (for which I am profoundly grateful) so I don't get to dictate meals.

Oh, no! I enjoy lifting, but otherwise I'm extremely lazy and all those calculations sound exhausting! To be honest, I don't even track my food or calories anymore. I'm more of the "intuitive" type as far as that goes. Also, I do planks just about every night before I stretch and I notice those are quite killer on my shoulders as well.

I'm not an easy bulker by any stretch of the imagination... if somatotypes were real (and I know they're not!), I'd be the quintessential ectomorph. Make that a menopausal ectomorph. The one advantage that I have is being really lean so what muscle I do have is quite defined.

Let's just hope I don't smash holes in the wall or take out any lamps doing this, lol. I'm a total klutz.

Planks are good... *adds to list* Thank you!!

Just one more comment on this and then I'll let the thread get back to juicy confessions: I do all these arm exercises while I'm sitting on the floor stretching my legs. For some reason they are harder when sitting on the floor then when standing up.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    No - you're doing it right - good for you! Wedding stress expands to fill the time available, which is why I don't favour long engagements.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm still completely shocked when I fit in size S clothes because they look so tiny and there's no way I should be able to fit in there. I still see myself as fat.

Same here.

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Its my day off from work, and a non-lifting day, and I've done absolutely nothing but watch movies and play video games.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

You're totally doing it right. I planned my wedding in 6 months and there was absolutly nothing stressful about it. Venue, food, invitations, dress, tuxedos, easy peasy. Wedding planning shouldn't be hard or stressful. I'm pretty laid back anyways, maybe that helped.

Last year, on March 22 and April 19 my two sons were married, yes, they gave me exactly 4 weeks between weddings and I was the wedding planner, florist, cake decorator, seamstress (alterations) for both weddings. I was blessed to have two daughter in laws who trusted me and were not at all bridezillas. Both weddings were beautiful (one on a 7K total budget and the other on twice that) and honestly I think I liked the lower cost one best. The only stress I had during this process was them being so close together.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

You're totally doing it right. I planned my wedding in 6 months and there was absolutly nothing stressful about it. Venue, food, invitations, dress, tuxedos, easy peasy. Wedding planning shouldn't be hard or stressful.

Engaged in January, married in March.

I planned the honeymoon and designed the invitations, my husband did most of the wedding planning (venue for the wedding, reception, flowers, food, etc). We picked the cake together. It was the most amazing cake I've ever eaten, I don't usually like cake that much. The top is in our freezer to be eaten later this month. I sure hope it's still as good a year later.

We picked the dresses and tuxes together, too. All had to be tailored. It really doesn't have to be stressful to plan a wedding.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Pshh...there's something RIGHT with you! Overly stressing about a wedding is unnecessary. My one best friend got married last September. I flew down a few days early and helped put together center pieces...borrowed mason jars from her future BIL who canned jams, some colorful pebbles, fake wildflowers, and I made tulle bows around the rim. They rented an arch from a hobby store and I took fake flowers and intertwined it throughout holding it in place with zip ties...organizing and decorating the hall took about 5 people a few hours in an afternoon and it looked like a picture out of a rustic wedding magazine. It was fun...not stressful :). Congrats btw!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    But then...I once got caught cleaning someone's bathroom at a party, so obviously I have a problem.

So...I confess that I'm kind of a psycho clean freak?

This is awesome. :)

Were you drunk?

Oh, I was certainly intoxicated...

This is me too. I bought a $100 clearance dress, plane tickets to Vegas, and invited like twenty people I actually care about, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be fine. I'm just taking everyone out to dinner at a restaurant so I don't have to decorate or have a cake or speeches or dancing or any of that stuff I have zero interest in, we can all just gorge on pasta and tiramisu and get drunk and then go find something fun to do.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    cmseronka wrote: »
    I go to my free, hole in the wall gym provided by my employer. It's my sanctuary as well as some other gals I meet up with everyday at lunch. Some swole up douche bag came in today and dragged all the equipment into the middle of the floor and proceeded to toss dumbells around, steal weights, ogle butts, and try to sideline coach us. THEN, ladies and gentlemen, he grabbed one of my pals doing pullups around her legs to help shove her up over the bar! I'm mean spirited and hold a grudge. I want to kick him in his shrivled little sack. I outrank him and I think I can outrun him (those gorilla arms got mad wind drag) so tomorrow we take our gym back. WE ARE SPARTA!! *Crowd roars and beats its chest....

Please have one of the Spartans on the sideline with their phone taking video. That needs to be recorded for history ;)
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    My diet's been pretty awesome this week and today I can feel the effects of not having as much protein as is usual by this time.

I have an energy ball and banana I was saving for post-yoga, pre-run, but I'm about 2 more stomach growls away from eating them now.