runner475 wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I am curious why OP wants to know...

I guess she is not coming back to clarify

Fairly certain OP has decided "fast food == bad food" and wants to know if she has to classify pizza as a "bad food"

What makes you fairly certain of this?

Because this is MFP and this sort of thing gets posted here all the time

It's a fitness site and this is a Food and Nutrition category. OP has a food question where else will they ask their question.

I can understand it gets old and boring but hey it's their 2nd post let's give them a break.

My point was that there is no purpose to that question. As far as I can figure the only reason she would ask this is because she attaches a stigma to the concept of "fast food". She then goes on to wonder if she has to give up something she likes because it is suddenly in this "bad stuff" category.

In other words, this discussion is completely pointless.

No. I doubt it was to do with stigma. I honestly don't think so.

I saw it was their 2nd post and it was their question out of curiosity.

and you know this how?

are you mind reader?

We will stick to topic going forward. Let's not debate if I'm psychic or not.

Question-what do you think the OP meant? We all make assumptions, what's yours?

They had a question a very simple question - Is Pizza a Fast Food?

Remember this is my lifestyle and what I believe. You quoted me and I'm answering you only and only because you quoted me.

Pizza to me is a fast food. A fast food for me is something which I do not want in my daily diet. It's a rare occurrence. I cannot afford to have in my daily diet. I have worked way too hard to reach were I've reached. Way too hard and I have lot more to cover.

To me it's not about weight loss anymore. I have lost 124 pounds but that journey is over for me. Now it is more about endurance and nutrition and checking off other goals.

so any fast food = bad food...

so if I get a grilled chicken salad from mcdonalds it is bad because "fast good"...

If you go to a dine in restaurant and get pizza is that good or bad?

The problem with simplistic categorizations of food as good/bad/clean is that they do not fit into the complicated world of real life, health, and nutrition.

We'll only converse further if you find a word "bad" in my comment. Consider it as a treasure hunt.

if it is not bad then why avoid it?
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    I grew up calling anything out of a box hamburger helper, even though technically thats a brand, and not everything uses hamburger (like mac and cheese, or tuna helper, or chicken helper lol) but its just the concept of fast, cheap, easy and out of a box. Generally speaking though, I think those are just called um..actually, I dont think theres a name for it..is there?! LoL

garbage? LOLOLOLLOL

Yeah...I just didnt want to offend anyone who eats that stuff LoL!!!

I once went on strike cooking for my ex-husband...he was craving hamburger helper and bought it, so I went ahead and made it for dinner one night (and for reference, this was about 17 years ago, the last time I ever had hamburger helper)

I went back to my usual cooking, and one night after making a new meal, I asked him what he thought and he said it was good, but if I can make that cheeseburger hamburger helper again. I stood up, tossed his plate, and the pan into the sink, filled it with water and went to bed.

Didnt cook again for a week. He never mentioned hamburger helper again...I muse that his new wife makes it for him every night and he adores her for it LoL
    Can you blame him? That shiz is delicious.

...are you vying for the position of my next ex-wife? Hahahahaha!!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    We were in Naples in 2008. The pizza there was godly - a totally different class.

agree...

I was in Rome a few years back and that pizza was amazing!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    GTAFrank wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here...

pizza.jpg

might_need_invader_zim.gif

I'm totally getting pizza for dinner tonight now

Pizza would be delicious right about now!! LOL!!

Is it me or do these kinds of topics make others crave what they're asking about? Like last week, with that hamburger thread that was around, I think a lot of people ate burgers for that reason. :laugh: Now... pizza!! :blush:

I totally had hamburgers after the hamburger thread! Was supposed to make pork chops tonight....buuuuuut I'm thinking pizza now. Just waiting for the boyfriend to get home so we can order. :)
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    kmccann357 wrote: »
    Pizza is....

amazing, i've not had any for 50 days and it's killing me.

omg WHY??

I couldn't just have a slice, i'd have to have 12 inches..
    It'd be committing healthy eating suicide.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    We were in Naples in 2008. The pizza there was godly - a totally different class.

agree...

I was in Rome a few years back and that pizza was amazing!

We visited Rome years ago and honestly I was surprised by the pizza. We only had it once, but it was recommended by a few people. We all thought it tasted like Chef Boyardee.
  • ndj1979
    Options

See, I gotta get excited about this stuff, too. Love me some American, especially deep-dish, Chicago-style (Zachary's in Oakland, anyone?); however, traditional pizza can be amazing. Flatbread-style crust with olive oil, garlic and fig jam, topped with prosciutto that winds up all crispy and fresh arugula? HELL YES!

I am more of a thin crust guy myself....
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    I consider pizza as fast food. Though I suppose I have no justification for that. You know yes I do. It's because I don't get my pizza from places you can go sit down in nor did I make it. Since I never order pizza at a sit down restaurant. And I rarely sit for long in a McD's or what have you. It's a loose justification, but it's there. That being said... it kind of even depends on what kind of pizza. Cheese pizza is fast food. Margherita pizza isn't. Pep is. Chicken and spinach isn't. Weird. What's up with my brain.
  • ndj1979
    Options

pizza.jpg

Is it me or do these kinds of topics make others crave what they're asking about? Like last week, with that hamburger thread that was around, I think a lot of people ate burgers for that reason. :laugh: Now... pizza!! :blush:

I totally had hamburgers after the hamburger thread! Was supposed to make pork chops tonight....buuuuuut I'm thinking pizza now. Just waiting for the boyfriend to get home so we can order. :)

I had a whole pizza on sunday ...that was the bomb!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Pizza is....

omg WHY??

i'd have to have 12 inches..

I can go in halvsies....oh wait.

• amor3219
    amor3219 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you are craving fast food Taco bell has a protein bowl low cal and very filling! Makes me feel like I'm still getting my bad food fix without all of the crap!
  • Azexas
    Options

pizza.jpg

I had a whole pizza on sunday ...that was the bomb!

I don't think I'd be able to eat a whole pizza haha I would make a valiant effort though!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    amor3219 wrote: »
    If you are craving fast food Taco bell has a protein bowl low cal and very filling! Makes me feel like I'm still getting my bad food fix without all of the crap!

Um, pizza thread?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

See, I gotta get excited about this stuff, too. Love me some American, especially deep-dish, Chicago-style (Zachary's in Oakland, anyone?); however, traditional pizza can be amazing. Flatbread-style crust with olive oil, garlic and fig jam, topped with prosciutto that winds up all crispy and fresh arugula? HELL YES!

I am more of a thin crust guy myself....
    Hump.gif
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Prosciutto arugula is my fav, sprinkled with some fresh squeezed lemon juice!
  • ndj1979
    Options

did you miss the five plus pages about pizza???
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I consider pizza as fast food. Though I suppose I have no justification for that. You know yes I do. It's because I don't get my pizza from places you can go sit down in nor did I make it. Since I never order pizza at a sit down restaurant. And I rarely sit for long in a McD's or what have you. It's a loose justification, but it's there. That being said... it kind of even depends on what kind of pizza. Cheese pizza is fast food. Margherita pizza isn't. Pep is. Chicken and spinach isn't. Weird. What's up with my brain.

So the toppings make it fast food?
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Pizza is....

omg WHY??

i'd have to have 12 inches..

I can go in halvsies....oh wait.

:p
  • Azexas
    Options

Pizza thread? Were you maybe looking for this thread?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10108304/support-for-fast-food-addicts#latest